Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

O.A.R.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

O.A.R. Empty
PostSubject: O.A.R.   O.A.R. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 2:05 pm

Anyone ever hear this band? Apparently, they were a big deal on the college circuit and are now hitting it big on radio. They're a combination of pop, reggae and what I like to call 'American Eagle'/'coffee shop' rock.

My fiancee has become a big fan of them (I bought her the rest of their catalog for her birthday) and they're coming to MSU's Breslin Center later this mont and I'm being dragged to it by her.

She plays'em nonstop and I can honestly say I do not like this band at all. They're just bland all over and the singer has zero personality.

Just wondering if anyone else would care to join in on the bashing. Laughing
Back to top Go down

O.A.R. Empty
PostSubject: Re: O.A.R.   O.A.R. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 2:44 pm

I saw them years ago opening for 311. I'd never heard of them before that night. 311 pulls a large crowd around here, so there were a few thousand people in the joint. Anyway, I was frickin' shocked when it seemed like EVERYONE was singing along to O.A.R. My longtime friend, Jill, and I were baffled. Haha. We both had never heard of them.

But I liked them. Still do. I wouldn't call them a jam band, but they sort of have that sound.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

O.A.R. Empty
PostSubject: Re: O.A.R.   O.A.R. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 3:11 pm

How did I know YOU would've heard of'em and liked'em? Razz just kidding
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

O.A.R. Empty
PostSubject: Re: O.A.R.   O.A.R. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 4:35 pm

I've heard of them but don't recall ever hearing 'em. Any idea what O.A.R. stands for?

O.A.R. Empty
PostSubject: Re: O.A.R.   O.A.R. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 5:55 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I've heard of them but don't recall ever hearing 'em. Any idea what O.A.R. stands for?
Of A Revolution.

They're not a bad band, but unless you can dig on that Ben Harper/Jack Johnson style, they won't appeal to you. And if you focus on their fanbase, you'll hate them.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

O.A.R. Empty
PostSubject: Re: O.A.R.   O.A.R. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 7:58 pm

Eyesore wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Of A Revolution.

They're not a bad band, but unless you can dig on that Ben Harper/Jack Johnson style, they won't appeal to you. And if you focus on their fanbase, you'll hate them.
Thanks for the info.

I'll remember to catalog them in the "When there's nothing else to listen to" category.

O.A.R. Empty
PostSubject: Re: O.A.R.   O.A.R. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

O.A.R.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: