Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Golden Earring

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Golden Earring Empty
PostSubject: Golden Earring   Golden Earring Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 10:50 pm

Any fans of these Dutch prog/pop act, in the US they had only two big hits "Radar Love" and "Twlight Zone" but I think they were one of the best band of the 70's and early 80's, great progressive tendencies, if not familiar with their music check out their greatest hits album "Continuing Story of Radar Love" especially the track "Candy's Gone Bad" and " Vanilla Queen".

Last edited by manny on Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

Golden Earring Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golden Earring   Golden Earring Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 12:42 am

It's crazy that they are mostly known for a couple of songs, because they were so diverse, experimental, and sometimes creepy and dark. My favorites are the S/T from 1970, and Together from 1972. Also The Hole from '86. I have all their 70's stuff, and it's kinda hit and miss for me in a good way, because they take so many risks. I usually like about half of the content on each of those 70's albums. They made some great live albums as well. One of the greatest rock bands ever, and one of the most unusual.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Golden Earring Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golden Earring   Golden Earring Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 8:07 am

SAHB Healer wrote:
It's crazy that they are mostly known for a couple of songs, because they were so diverse, experimental, and sometimes creepy and dark. My favorites are the S/T from 1970, and Together from 1972. Also The Hole from '86. I have all their 70's stuff, and it's kinda hit and miss for me in a good way, because they take so many risks. I usually like about half of the content on each of those 70's albums. They made some great live albums as well. One of the greatest rock bands ever, and one of the most unusual.

I'm only familiar with the two hits.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

Golden Earring Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golden Earring   Golden Earring Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 9:06 am

thejokeriv wrote:

I'm only familiar with the two hits.

Ditto, but man, "Twilight Zone" still comes on the radio once in a blue moon and I groove on the killer bass line in that song!! 🤘

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Golden Earring Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golden Earring   Golden Earring Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 9:08 am

Only two GE songs I know too but I still love Radar Love. And not the goofy, short radio-edit version either. I like that whole trippy middle part.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Golden Earring Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golden Earring   Golden Earring Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 9:16 am

If you like those two songs you will really like alot of their catalog, a good place to start is the greatest hits package "The Continuing Story of Radar Love" which usually sells at Amazon around $3.00 and it is an excellent introduction to the band, the songs are lengthy at 7 to 8 minutes a clip but never dull.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Golden Earring Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golden Earring   Golden Earring Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 10:12 am

manny wrote:
If you like those two songs you will really like alot of their catalog, a good place to start is the greatest hits package "The Continuing Story of Radar Love" which usually sells at Amazon around $3.00 and it is an excellent introduction to the band, the songs are lengthy at 7 to 8 minutes a clip but never dull.

Good price - I'll probably add it to my next amazon order.

As far as Radar Love and Trwilight Zone - I prefer the album versions (re: not cut down to 3 minutes!)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Golden Earring Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golden Earring   Golden Earring Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Golden Earring
Page 1 of 1