Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

last.fm

Go down 
+2
the sentinel
A Handful of Wayne
6 posters
AuthorMessage
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

last.fm Empty
PostSubject: last.fm   last.fm Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 8:21 pm

Does anyone else use Last.fm? I just found this today and thought it was something neat. Not sure how much I will really use it since I really dont usually listen to music on my computer because the speakers suck. For the meantime though its been interesting.

Heres a description of what it is and does

Using a music recommendation system called "Audioscrobbler", Last.fm builds a detailed profile of each user's musical taste by recording details of all the songs the user listens to, either on the streamed radio stations or on the user's computer or some portable music devices. This information is transferred to Last.fm's database ("scrobbled") via a plugin installed into the user's music player. The profile data is then displayed on the user's profile page. The site offers numerous social networking features and can recommend and play artists similar to the user's favourites.
Users can create custom radio stations and playlists from any of the audio tracks in Last.fm's music library, and are able to listen to some individual tracks on demand, or download tracks if the rights holder has previously authorised it. Registration is required to acquire a profile but is not necessary to view any part of the site or to listen to radio stations.

Heres my profile http://www.last.fm/user/OpenYourLife if anyone else signs up let me know!

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

last.fm Empty
PostSubject: Re: last.fm   last.fm Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 10:26 pm

I don't use it, nor have I heard anything about it til now. It sounds a bit like a site a friend uses called Pandora. It has many channels and picks the next song based upon the song previous (as though they were related through genre and so forth). I mostly listen to my cd's while I am online or the music choice channel on digital cable if I am elsewhere in the house. Thanks for the info, Wayne. Peace.
Back to top Go down
fixedk
Metal novice
Metal novice
fixedk

Number of posts : 21

last.fm Empty
PostSubject: Re: last.fm   last.fm Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 11:25 pm

you can watch my add after post
this is from lastfm
Back to top Go down
http://www.ag98.narod.ru

last.fm Empty
PostSubject: Re: last.fm   last.fm Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 12:19 am

MC666 and I are both on there. I've just started playing around with it, haven't had much time to explore yet.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

last.fm Empty
PostSubject: Re: last.fm   last.fm Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 1:13 am

I use it. I think it's kinda cool.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

last.fm Empty
PostSubject: Re: last.fm   last.fm Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 1:19 am

i've used it for a while now. i love scrobbling. a couple other of the guys from this forum are there, kissenmaiden, evymetal, detuned, smindas, groomdedz, Spirit_o_Radio. eyesore was at one time. one of my sigs links directly to my Last.fm page.

XYZ
XYZ

last.fm Empty
PostSubject: Re: last.fm   last.fm Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 1:22 am

mc666 wrote:
i've used it for a while now. i love scrobbling. a couple other of the guys from this forum are there, kissenmaiden, evymetal, detuned, smindas, groomdedz, Spirit_o_Radio. eyesore was at one time. one of my sigs links directly to my Last.fm page.

How do you get the song chart as a sig?
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

last.fm Empty
PostSubject: Re: last.fm   last.fm Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 1:23 am

xyz wrote:
mc666 wrote:

http://www.last.fm/tools/charts

XYZ
XYZ

last.fm Empty
PostSubject: Re: last.fm   last.fm Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 1:26 am

mc666 wrote:
xyz wrote:
mc666 wrote:

http://www.last.fm/tools/charts

Awesome. Thanks man.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

last.fm Empty
PostSubject: Re: last.fm   last.fm Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 1:36 am

no problem. i look forward to checking out your play list. you can scrobble from your ipod or several other mp3 players too, with the proper firmware installed.

i only scrobble from my pc's currently. that's enough to give a general idea of what i am listening to. alot of places i play music cannot be scrobbled atm. like my car or home stereo, etc.

the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

last.fm Empty
PostSubject: Re: last.fm   last.fm Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 12:17 pm

I just like saying the word "scrobble" I think it's cool. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

last.fm Empty
PostSubject: Re: last.fm   last.fm Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 9:09 pm

ah cool i'll look you guys up. I too was going to ask how to put the playlist in the sig but now I know Very Happy Thanks!

Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

last.fm Empty
PostSubject: Re: last.fm   last.fm Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 9:21 pm

I'm on there too. Pretty cool lil site.
Back to top Go down

last.fm Empty
PostSubject: Re: last.fm   last.fm Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 1:58 am

Yep I'm on there as well. Recently though there seems to be a scrobbling problem. I've had several artist that last.fm doesn't recognize even though they have artist pages for them.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

last.fm Empty
PostSubject: Re: last.fm   last.fm Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 2:21 am

Phoenix Rising wrote:
Yep I'm on there as well. Recently though there seems to be a scrobbling problem. I've had several artist that last.fm doesn't recognize even though they have artist pages for them.
sometimes you have to resubmit your handshake within your client. just click on account & then on your username. then refresh the last.fm page. your scrobbles should show up then, that is if your meta tag data is correct. even on cd's it's often wrong.

last.fm Empty
PostSubject: Re: last.fm   last.fm Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 8:04 am

mc666 wrote:
Phoenix Rising wrote:
sometimes you have to resubmit your handshake within your client. just click on account & then on your username. then refresh the last.fm page. your scrobbles should show up then, that is if your meta tag data is correct. even on cd's it's often wrong.

Thanks I'll try that and see if it works. So far it's only two artists,Stormwarrior and Swashbuckle that aren't being recognized.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

last.fm Empty
PostSubject: Re: last.fm   last.fm Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

last.fm
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: