Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Exploited

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Pontus
Metal student
Metal student

Number of posts : 132

The Exploited Empty
PostSubject: The Exploited   The Exploited Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 10:20 am

Any fans of the band here? They started out as a oi! and hardcore punk band but later changed their style to more crossover and thrash metal.

The Exploited is one of my favorite bands. I grew up with the punk, even before I found heavy metal, even if Alice Cooper were an early idol, but I think he was kind of a punk rocker too, hehe.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

The Exploited Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Exploited   The Exploited Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 10:29 am

I don't really know their music but didn't Pantera do a cover of theirs for one of the Crow movies?
Back to top Go down
Pontus
Metal student
Metal student

The Exploited Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Exploited   The Exploited Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 10:33 am

manny wrote:
I don't really know their music but didn't Pantera do a cover of theirs for one of the Crow movies?

Nope, think that was a Poison Idea cover. But I know that Slayer and Ice-T did a The Exploited medley to a movie starring Emilio Estavez, can't remember the films name though...

Here is a video for the song "U.S.A." from their classic album Troops of Tomorrow. I don't want to offend anybody, but this is very much what it sounded like. The influences punk had on heavy metal are obvious.

Last edited by Pontus on Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

The Exploited Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Exploited   The Exploited Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 10:34 am

I think the movie was Judgement Day
Back to top Go down

The Exploited Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Exploited   The Exploited Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 10:35 am

It was Judgement Night. I remember that one.
Back to top Go down
Pontus
Metal student
Metal student

The Exploited Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Exploited   The Exploited Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 10:38 am

Yeah, it's that one! And the songs were "War", "UK 82" and "Disorder". All of them from the Troops of Tomorrow album.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

The Exploited Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Exploited   The Exploited Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 10:43 am

thanks for the clip. They sound pretty cool are they British or American ?
Back to top Go down
Pontus
Metal student
Metal student

The Exploited Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Exploited   The Exploited Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 10:47 am

manny wrote:
thanks for the clip. They sound pretty cool are they British or American ?

Cool! Yes, their first two albums are great and classic hardcore/proto-thrash, Punk's Not Dead and Troops of Tomorrow.

They're British, from Scotland actually.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

The Exploited Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Exploited   The Exploited Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 1:30 pm

love the Exploited. both the straight up punk of their early sound & the crossover thrash of the later days.

Let's Start a War is one of my fave punk albums.

jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

The Exploited Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Exploited   The Exploited Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 7:05 pm

Don't Forget The Chaos is one of my all-time favorite punk songs. I used to endlessly play the Live At The Whitehouse album. I still need to upgrade to the CD at some point.

I should look into their later crossover stuff.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

The Exploited Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Exploited   The Exploited Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 7:47 pm

I was into them when "The Massacre" came out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Exploited Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Exploited   The Exploited Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Exploited
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: