Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anathema-The Silent Enigma

Go down 
+5
fixedk
steel warrior
Stender
tohostudios
DallasBlack
9 posters
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Anathema-The Silent Enigma Empty
PostSubject: Anathema-The Silent Enigma   Anathema-The Silent Enigma Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 2:03 pm

Any fans of Anathema, paricularly this album?

Anathema-The Silent Enigma 1608

This along with Theatre Of Tragedy-Velvet Dakness They Fear are two of my favorite death/doom albums. I stumbled upon this album in the metal section of a store in a Pensecola, FL mall (yes, they actually had a metal section...with real metal!). Before, I knew nothing at all about these guys and didn't know what to expect. However, the album cover promised me some dark metal. At first I wasn't sure what to think (the vocalists kind of threw me off) but it grew on me and now is one of my favorites. I tried some of their later stuff but they had changed too much for me to get into them. One of these days, I hope to find their debut (I know it was re-issued a while back but that was during a time I avoided most secular bands).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Anathema-The Silent Enigma   Anathema-The Silent Enigma Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 2:35 pm

I think their early stuff is much different from the doomy Pink Floyd style they do now. I have:

A Fine Day To Exit
Alternative 4
Judgement
Eternity

The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Anathema-The Silent Enigma   Anathema-The Silent Enigma Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 3:05 pm

I kind of liked Eternity, but I havent heard any of there other stuff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anathema-The Silent Enigma   Anathema-The Silent Enigma Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 3:26 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I think their early stuff is much different from the doomy Pink Floyd style they do now. I have:

A Fine Day To Exit
Alternative 4
Judgement
Eternity
You think? Haha. It's like a different band! I have Serenades, then the next in line is Judgement. I don't have everything in between. But I do like Serenades. Very raw, though. You could sort of see even on that album where the band was heading.
Back to top Go down
steel warrior
Metal student
Metal student
steel warrior

Number of posts : 133

PostSubject: Re: Anathema-The Silent Enigma   Anathema-The Silent Enigma Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 7:56 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Any fans of Anathema, paricularly this album?

Anathema-The Silent Enigma 1608

This along with Theatre Of Tragedy-Velvet Dakness They Fear are two of my favorite death/doom albums. I stumbled upon this album in the metal section of a store in a Pensecola, FL mall (yes, they actually had a metal section...with real metal!). Before, I knew nothing at all about these guys and didn't know what to expect. However, the album cover promised me some dark metal. At first I wasn't sure what to think (the vocalists kind of threw me off) but it grew on me and now is one of my favorites. I tried some of their later stuff but they had changed too much for me to get into them. One of these days, I hope to find their debut (I know it was re-issued a while back but that was during a time I avoided most secular bands).

My fave album from them. I love all their stuff up to Judgement, specially their early ones.
Back to top Go down
fixedk
Metal novice
Metal novice
fixedk

Number of posts : 21

PostSubject: Re: Anathema-The Silent Enigma   Anathema-The Silent Enigma Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 1:17 pm

I think this album album is the greatest album from Anathema.
this one actually is continue of "Pentecost III" but more effective.
Of cause i have this one in my collection, all previous (crestfallen, serenades, pentecost), and some af the late period albums (eternity, 2003 & 98)

but this one is the best.
After this work one of the Cavanagh brothers goes out to The Blood Divine, and anathema lost doomy sound.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ag98.narod.ru

PostSubject: Re: Anathema-The Silent Enigma   Anathema-The Silent Enigma Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 1:57 pm

Later Anathema, while not bad, has become something completely different (as Eyesore said) from this album & thier Death/Doom beginnings. Unlike Paradise Lost and Amorphis, Anathema show no signs of returning to this sound.

Long live HEAVY Anathema! :bangyerhead:
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Anathema-The Silent Enigma   Anathema-The Silent Enigma Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 2:25 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Later Anathema, while not bad, has become something completely different (as Eyesore said) from this album & thier Death/Doom beginnings. Unlike Paradise Lost and Amorphis, Anathema show no signs of returning to this sound.

Hey! I said it first! Razz

PostSubject: Re: Anathema-The Silent Enigma   Anathema-The Silent Enigma Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 2:34 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Hey! I said it first! Razz

I was agreeing... Anathema-The Silent Enigma 505193
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Anathema-The Silent Enigma   Anathema-The Silent Enigma Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 2:53 pm

I have never heard this album, but the album Serenades and the EP Pentecost III are awesome!
Back to top Go down
Invader
Metal master
Metal master
Invader

Number of posts : 590

PostSubject: Re: Anathema-The Silent Enigma   Anathema-The Silent Enigma Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 4:17 pm

Good album, my favorite Anathema album from the ones I have heard.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Anathema-The Silent Enigma   Anathema-The Silent Enigma Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 1:04 am

TSE was actually the last Anathema that i liked. i just don't like the stuff they've done since. too light weight.

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Anathema-The Silent Enigma   Anathema-The Silent Enigma Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 9:16 am

mc666 wrote:
TSE was actually the last Anathema that i liked. i just don't like the stuff they've done since. too light weight.

The very reason I couldn't get into any later Anathema.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Doomdance
Metal student
Metal student
Doomdance

Number of posts : 112

PostSubject: Re: Anathema-The Silent Enigma   Anathema-The Silent Enigma Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 7:31 am

I consider Alternative 4 & Judgement to be the best albums by Anathema. I own every album seen them so many times I lost track... However, those two albums are simply 100% perfect. Killer songs, killer sound and killer everything....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anathema-The Silent Enigma   Anathema-The Silent Enigma Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anathema-The Silent Enigma
Page 1 of 1