Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Sacred Warrior?

Go down 
+7
kmorg
7thSecond
sam
Tall Tyrion
Stender
Fat Freddy
Thrasher73
11 posters
AuthorMessage

New Sacred Warrior? Empty
PostSubject: New Sacred Warrior?   New Sacred Warrior? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 7:55 am

For those of you who don't read Blabbermouth....

Quote :

Reactivated '80s Christian metal legends SACRED WARRIOR are currently working on material for a new studio album, tentatively due in early 2009. According to singer Rey Parra, the upcoming CD "will be one of our heaviest discs yet. It is hard yet still has the WARRIOR
feel to it and don't be thinking that we are going to wimp out on the
lyrics. We think that today more that ever we need to bring the gospel
of Jesus to the forefront. We are currently recording the music in
Chicago and I will be recording the vocals in Florida. This
long-awaited disc will be finished sometime towards the end of the
year, Lord willing, so please be patient and be prayerful so that all
goes well."

SACRED WARRIOR is a Christian band which played melodic, progressive hard rock/metal, often quite reminiscent of mid-period QUEENSRŸCHE, a label that SACRED WARRIOR considered a compliment. SACRED WARRIOR broke up in 1994 and then reformed at least temporarily in 2000 to do a Cornerstone festival reunion show. There was talk of a new album sometime in the future, but nothing ever became of it.

Hope this one pans out. How awesome would it be to have a new Sacred Warrior and new a Recon in 2009? (Yeah, that's wishful thinking on the Recon album thing)
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: New Sacred Warrior?   New Sacred Warrior? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 8:30 am

Sounds good to me.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37646

PostSubject: Re: New Sacred Warrior?   New Sacred Warrior? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 8:41 am

Way cool!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Sacred Warrior?   New Sacred Warrior? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 8:43 am

Should be cool...I hope Rey still has the pipes...
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: New Sacred Warrior?   New Sacred Warrior? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 10:43 am

I have not got a chance to track down there're early stuff yet, but this sounds cool.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: New Sacred Warrior?   New Sacred Warrior? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 11:19 am

I read about this. There's been discussion about it off and on for the
past few years. Sure hope they make it happen while keeping it true to
the SW history.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Sacred Warrior?   New Sacred Warrior? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 11:21 am

Anyone have a clue about the Recon album?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Sacred Warrior?   New Sacred Warrior? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 12:27 pm

I hope the SW is real and Rey's voice hasn't gone the way of Tate.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: New Sacred Warrior?   New Sacred Warrior? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 12:33 pm

sweet, sounds cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: New Sacred Warrior?   New Sacred Warrior? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 1:08 pm

spectrefate wrote:

Last I heard they were working on a new album called the chosen few.Havent heard anything lately though
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Sacred Warrior?   New Sacred Warrior? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 1:21 pm

thrasher73 wrote:
spectrefate wrote:

Last I heard they were working on a new album called the chosen few.Havent heard anything lately though

They've been working on that album for about eight years now. It's become the CHINESE DEMOCRACY of the Christian metal scene.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 665

PostSubject: Re: New Sacred Warrior?   New Sacred Warrior? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 1:30 pm

If there's one thing I've learned about oldschool Christian metal bands releasing new albums it's... don't count on it. Holy Soldier, Whitecross, Barren Cross, Neon Cross etc. ring a bell? I think X-Sinner might actually really do it though.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Sacred Warrior?   New Sacred Warrior? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 1:33 pm

7thSecond wrote:
If there's one thing I've learned about oldschool Christian metal bands releasing new albums it's... don't count on it. Holy Soldier, Whitecross, Barren Cross, Neon Cross etc. ring a bell? I think X-Sinner might actually really do it though.

Supposedly the new X-Sinner is available via iTunes already, and the actual CDs will be out soon.

Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: New Sacred Warrior?   New Sacred Warrior? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 1:36 pm

7thSecond wrote:

yep,I'm still waiting on the new Believer album as well
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: New Sacred Warrior?   New Sacred Warrior? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 1:40 pm

The Recon disc will not happen. A former band member stated so not long ago on the CMR.

Sacred Warior back together.... AGAIN!?? Now, that will be interesting!

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12620

PostSubject: Re: New Sacred Warrior?   New Sacred Warrior? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 6:03 pm

7thSecond wrote:

The new Neon Cross is very close to completion...believe it or not.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: New Sacred Warrior?   New Sacred Warrior? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 9:16 pm

I'm in for new SW
Back to top Go down
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

PostSubject: Re: New Sacred Warrior?   New Sacred Warrior? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 9:28 pm

What a fantastic band. I really hope this comes to fruition.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Sacred Warrior?   New Sacred Warrior? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 7:40 am

kmorg wrote:
The Recon disc will not happen. A former band member stated so not long ago on the CMR.

Really? Wonder why....
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: New Sacred Warrior?   New Sacred Warrior? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 8:27 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
kmorg wrote:

Really? Wonder why....

From what I was told, George Ochoa had just been dragging his feet for years. He's more into doing all these other "modern" projects than Recon and doesn't feel there is enough interest in Recon's style of music to record something new. For years he was focusing no S.A.L.T. That band formerly had Larry Farkas on bass and Glenn Mancaruso on drums. However, the music was this boring Creed wannabe stuff. (Besides, Larry Farkas on bass rather than lead guitar is a crime!)

PostSubject: Re: New Sacred Warrior?   New Sacred Warrior? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 8:29 am

So why don't Starline, Grato & whoever else do it without him? Does George own the name?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: New Sacred Warrior?   New Sacred Warrior? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 8:55 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
So why don't Starline, Grato & whoever else do it without him? Does George own the name?

I'm not sure. I do know that Mike Grato has now moved to Arizona and no longer lives in California.

PostSubject: Re: New Sacred Warrior?   New Sacred Warrior? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Sacred Warrior?
Page 1 of 1