Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Retroactive Records new releases...

Go down 
+2
Thrasher73
ultmetal
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Retroactive Records new releases... Empty
PostSubject: Retroactive Records new releases...   Retroactive Records new releases... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 8:56 am

Quote :
Hi Everyone!

We now have in stock the finest extreme metal titles the genre has to offer since BRUTAL PLANET DISTRIBUTION is now the official distributor of all in-print Bombworks Records titles! Check out more about the label at www.bombworksrecords.com. Now you can get releases by such extreme metal heavy weights as HOLY BLOOD, MY SILENT WAKE, SEVENTH ANGEL, & AZMAVETH!!!!

In the future, all Bombworks Records releases will be on promotional samplers, magazine ads, and promoted heavily in Europe by Artist Worxx Agency.

UPCOMING RELEASES

October 2008
Deliverance - s/t + 2 (digipak) (Retroactive)
Deliverance - Weapons of Our Warfare + 1 (digipak) (Retroactive)
Sympathy - Anagogic Tyranny: Brand new album of ultra technical, blackened death from Canada, for fans of Suffocation, Immolation, and Morbid Angel. (BWR)
My Silent Wake - A Garland of Tears: New album from masters of death/doom/folk arise with a whirlwind of dark metal for fans of Paramaecium and My Dying Bride. (Bombworks Records)
Faith Factor - Against A Darkened Sky: Prog power metal (Retroactive)

December 2008
Menchen - Red Rock: Progressive hard rock/metal featuring Bill Menchen (Sev.Power, Final Axe, Titanic), Tony Franklin (Whitesnake, Alice Cooper, The Firm), Robert Sweet (Stryper), Ken Redding (His Witness).

In Stock Now!!!!:

BESTIARY – THE MURDER WHEEL (2003 Indie/Pre-The Souls Unrest)

It's great to find an indie band who knows what they're doing. Bestiary DEFINITELY falls under that category. This Michigan-based five piece further proves the point that there still is hope for the U.S. metal scene. On The Murder Wheel, Bestiary lays down a creative mixture of death metal/black metal for an extremely intense sound. The band does use the raspy, black metal influenced vocals that everybody and their dog is using, but they mix it back and forth with some killer death growls that make for an impressive vocal performance. Not to mention that the music on this disc is flat out brutal! The crushing riffs blast in full force and some great solos make for a dramatic feel. You can help but bang your head while listening to this disc. The band uses lots of variation that even includes acoustic guitar and piano. In fact, the song "Bereavement" is an acoustic song that reminds me of some of Opeth's mellow stuff. Speaking of Opeth, the lyrics on this disc speak a lot of death, however, its approached from a much different angle. Production-wise, there is not much to complain about. The band has put out a nice recording. And the packaging is also nicely done. While Bestiary does not reinvent the wheel with The Murder Wheel, they have recorded a very solid album that deserves your attention. Like Indwelling's new disc, death metal fans and Solid State junkies should both be lining up to get this disc. Check out their sound at myspace.com/bestiarymetal $12.99 Retail / $7.80 Dealer Cost

FROM ASHES – AS THE LEAVES FALL (Import from Finland) From Ashes is a Finnish band lurking in the underground for quite some time, until now only producing limited edition demos for the local scene. This is their first full length album, self-released and self-promoted and their music is a mix of black metal and gothic doom. The band has 2 vocalist, male clean vocals and a female grinder! They also have a cello player in their lineup contributing to the band's own style within the metal jungle. 10 Tracks. $14.99 Retail / $9 Dealer Cost

FOUNTAIN OF TEARS – FATE (Syphonic Progresive Metal featuring ex-Sardonyx, ex-Sacrament, ex-Believer) Limited quantities $14.99/$9

We are ready to take and fill orders. Let us know what you need. Thanks!

Matthew

Retroactive Records
Brutal Planet Distribution
www.retroactiverecords.net
www.myspace.com/retroactiverecords1

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive Records new releases...   Retroactive Records new releases... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 9:01 am

Sweet...

I pointed Matt to the Christian Doom Alliance page hoping he could get into getting some of that stuff out...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive Records new releases...   Retroactive Records new releases... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 9:02 am

Quote :
My Silent Wake - A Garland of Tears

Oh yeah. Smile
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive Records new releases...   Retroactive Records new releases... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 9:11 am

I'll be getting that Faith Factor for sure.Those guys are great!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive Records new releases...   Retroactive Records new releases... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 9:34 am

A couple mistakes in that press release...

1. The Deliverance re-issues are not going to be digis as originally stated, but will be in jewel cases.

2. Bestiry is pre-Dagon, not Souls Unrest.

ult

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive Records new releases...   Retroactive Records new releases... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 9:35 am

there some sweet stuff there
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive Records new releases...   Retroactive Records new releases... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 9:36 am

ultmetal wrote:
A couple mistakes in that press release...

1. The Deliverance re-issues are not going to be digis as originally stated, but will be in jewel cases.

2. Bestiry is pre-Dagon, not Souls Unrest.

ult

even better, jewel beats digi any day in my book
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive Records new releases...   Retroactive Records new releases... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 10:10 am

I think Retroactive is running neck in neck with Stormspell and SPV as my favorite labels.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive Records new releases...   Retroactive Records new releases... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 10:19 am

I need the Weapons record.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive Records new releases...   Retroactive Records new releases... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 11:02 am

I'll be posting an interview with Retroactive owner Matt Hunt soon.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive Records new releases...   Retroactive Records new releases... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 8:28 am

Quote :
Hi Everyone!

We are thrilled to announce that our five newest releases are NOW IN STOCK! Please let your readers know about these earth-shaking new titles that are ready to wreak havoc on the metal world! There are three titles from Retroactive Records and two titles from Bombworks Records!

DELIVERANCE - S/T +2 (remastered speed metal classic)
DELIVERANCE - WEAPONS OF OUR WARFARE + 1 (remastered speed metal classic)
FAITH FACTOR - AGAINST A DARKENED SKY (progressive power metal)
MY SILENT WAKE - A GARLAND OF TEARS (Australian death/doom)
SYMPATHY - ANAGOGIC TYRANNY (blackened technical death from Canada)

Blessings,

Matthew

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive Records new releases...   Retroactive Records new releases... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 8:30 am

Gotta pick up that MSW soon....
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive Records new releases...   Retroactive Records new releases... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 8:40 am

Cool,been waiting for that Faith Factor to hit the stores.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive Records new releases...   Retroactive Records new releases... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 8:45 am

Got Once Dead and the two new "D" albums coming my way!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive Records new releases...   Retroactive Records new releases... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 9:49 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Got Once Dead and the two new "D" albums coming my way!! cheers

Wow,Once Dead is finally available?!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive Records new releases...   Retroactive Records new releases... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 12:21 pm

That MY SILENT WAKE is going to be awesome!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive Records new releases...   Retroactive Records new releases... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 12:54 pm

Agreed, MSW is a force. Going to get Sympathy too to fill my death needs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive Records new releases...   Retroactive Records new releases... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 1:58 pm

Arcane Path from SYMPATHY was amazing...
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25889

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive Records new releases...   Retroactive Records new releases... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 6:19 pm

I'll be picking up the MSW and Sympathy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive Records new releases...   Retroactive Records new releases... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Retroactive Records new releases...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: