Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jimi Hendrix

Go down 
+27
MetalRob331
DevZor
journeyman
James B.
SpectreFate
jstate
Eyesore
jettafiend
mikeinfla
Andy
exact33
chewie
TheGooch
thejokeriv
7thSaviour
mlotek
sam
Troublezone
MetalGuy71
scottmitchell74
XYZ
assault_attack
Schbopo
skullsmasher
ultmetal
akeldama
manny
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

Jimi Hendrix - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jimi Hendrix   Jimi Hendrix - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 4:12 pm

detuned wrote:
The one thing that I've learned about Hendrix over the years was the man wasn't content to do one thing well, he had a voracious appetite for music and the arts. The next scheduled recording for him was to have been an album with Miles Davis (this info from Miles Davis' autobiography). Miles went electric with his band primarily because of Hendrix' inspiration. Miles thought Hendrix was a genius and envisioned him as "the next John Coltrane".

I think Hendrix would have tried his hand at many different styles of music, jazz being just one of them.

That's as far as I'd like to "dream forward", I just know that my life has been forever enriched by the material he recorded during his short time on the planet.

Very well put d, as a guitar player who plays a lot of Hendrix I have found his work on First Rays Of The New Rising Sun to be the most diverse and intricate and I would've like to hear what he would've done in the prog and funk areas. Although "Little Miss Lover" has got to be one of the heaviest riffs ever. 🤘
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Jimi Hendrix   Jimi Hendrix - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 9:39 am

I found this amazing, how productive Hendrix was in his short life:

Jimi Hendrix's sister has stated that there is still "another decade" of unreleased music and video to come from the guitarist.
Janie Hendrix, also president and CEO of Experience Hendrix and Authentic Hendrix (the companies that deal with his legacy), revealed that she wants to release new material every 12 to 18 months for the next ten years.
"We probably have another decade of music, including video. Every 12 to 18 months we'll continue to have new releases and Dagger [Experience Hendrix's label for live recordings] official bootlegs," she told Gibson.
"Jimi was a workaholic. After Electric Lady studios was built he was able to record constantly for as many hours as he wanted to. It's almost as if he knew he had only four years to accomplish everything that he did. We have an amazing amount of original masters, including a lot of material that hasn't been previously released."
Hendrix added that the tapes featuring the unreleased material are currently stored in two separate locations in the US.
"We keep them in a temperature-controlled vault. We have a set of everything in Los Angeles and a set in New York in the event of something catastrophic happening. We have duplicates of everything."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jimi Hendrix   Jimi Hendrix - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 10:24 am

Bring it on. The Dagger Records releases have been so good thus far, I'm looking forward to hearing anything else they want to put out.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17062

PostSubject: Re: Jimi Hendrix   Jimi Hendrix - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 11:00 am

It's amazing how there is still unreleased material after the countless same Greatest Hits albums.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Jimi Hendrix   Jimi Hendrix - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 11:08 am

I dunno. Because it's Jimi, I guess most folks will give him a pass on this, but just because he kept the tape rolling for every single strum, fart & hiccup in the studio doesn't mean it needs to be released to the public. Maybe some things are best kept in the vaults.

But hey, that's just one guy's opinion.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Jimi Hendrix   Jimi Hendrix - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 11:20 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I dunno. Because it's Jimi, I guess most folks will give him a pass on this, but just because he kept the tape rolling for every single strum, fart & hiccup in the studio doesn't mean it needs to be released to the public. Maybe some things are best kept in the vaults.

But hey, that's just one guy's opinion.

In the 70's and early 80's the people running the Hendrix estate (Alan Douglas and other assorted assholes) did no quality control, so you had subpar performances and song sketches released and in some points musicians overdubbed over original studio takes (not Hendrix's guitar).

Since the familiy took over, after a lengthy lawsuit the familiy has made sure that there is strong degree of quality control and have released music that helps maintain Jimi Hendrix's legacy. They have done an excellent job of releasing only quality albums etc.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Jimi Hendrix   Jimi Hendrix - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 11:47 am

Quote :
Since the familiy took over, after a lengthy lawsuit the familiy has made sure that there is strong degree of quality control and have released music that helps maintain Jimi Hendrix's legacy. They have done an excellent job of releasing only quality albums etc.

I haven't heard any of that, but that doesn't stop me from spouting off a half-assed opinion. Jimi Hendrix - Page 2 Icon_razz It could be great for all I know. I'm not debating that part.

It was more of a comment on the fact that other people are releasing Jimi's unfinished music. Obviously we'll never know, but if Jimi was still living, would he want this stuff released? Maybe he thought it was crap and just mindless noodling? Just speculation, of course. I feel the same when Yoko or Courtney open up the vaults "for the fans". Even as we speak, Kurt's headless corpse is spinning like a freakin turbine in his grave over the whole 'Guitar Hero' thing. Who knows what he would say if he knew his wife was planning on releasing 7 hours of guitar feedback & white noise because he left the tape machine on while he nodded out in the studio as the last "unfinished Nirvana song".

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Jimi Hendrix   Jimi Hendrix - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 12:00 pm

Well Metalguy I am sure if Hendrix had lived, 99% of the music that has been released since his death would have never seen the light of the day. I am sure you are right some of those songs and demos, as cool and as great as I think they are, I am sure there was a good reason Hendrix himself never released them.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Jimi Hendrix   Jimi Hendrix - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 5:30 pm

I'd just like to say that Hendrix was the friggin' man.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Jimi Hendrix   Jimi Hendrix - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 9:24 pm

They need to let jimi rest.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Jimi Hendrix   Jimi Hendrix - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 8:50 am

Experience Hendrix LLC and Sony Music Entertainment's Legacy Recordings launch their monumental 2010 Jimi Hendrix Catalog Project on Tuesday, March 9th, with the release of "Valleys of Neptune," a newly curated album of 12 fully realized studio recordings, more than 60 minutes of music never commercially available on a Jimi Hendrix album, from the artist Rolling Stone magazine called the greatest guitarist of all time.
Centered around tracks recorded during a pivotal and turbulent four-month period in 1969, "Valleys of Neptune" unveils the original Jimi Hendrix Experience's final studio recordings, as the group lays down the foundation for its follow-up to "Electric Ladyland," alongside the guitar superhero's first sessions with bassist Billy Cox, an old army buddy he'd recruited into his new ensemble.
"Valleys of Neptune" provides an essential, compelling, and up-til-now largely unseen view of what Jimi Hendrix was up to musically in the critical period between the release of "Electric Ladyland" in October 1968 and the 1970 opening of his own Electric Lady Studios in Greenwich Village, the state-of-the-art facility where he would begin his final project, the ambitious double album "First Rays of the New Rising Sun."
Janie Hendrix, CEO of Experience Hendrix LLC, the Hendrix family-owned company entrusted with preserving and protecting the legacy of Jimi Hendrix, noted, "My brother Jimi was at home in the studio. 'Valleys of Neptune' offers deep insight into his mastery of the recording process and demonstrates the fact that he was as unparalleled a recording innovator as he was a guitarist. His brilliance shines through on every one of these precious tracks."
"Valleys of Neptune" is originality electrified, offering more than 60 minutes of previously unreleased Jimi Hendrix music, originally recorded, and newly mixed for this historic release, by Hendrix's longtime engineer Eddie Kramer, who first worked with the guitarist on "Are You Experienced?" in 1967. "Valleys of Neptune" is produced by Janie Hendrix, John McDermott (who contributes detailed liner notes to the album) and Eddie Kramer.
"Valleys of Neptune" has long been one of the most sought-after of any commercially unavailable Jimi Hendrix recording. The song will be released as a single globally on February 2nd, 2010, nearly forty years after Hendrix finished recording the track at New York's Record Plant in May of 1970. Other highlights on "Valleys of Neptune" include blazing studio covers of Elmore James' classic "Bleeding Heart" and Cream's "Sunshine of Your Love" as well as premier performances of original Hendrix compositions like "Ships Passing Through The Night," "Lullaby For The Summer" and the original un-dubbed Jimi Hendrix Experience rendition of "Hear My Train A Comin'. Also included in "Valleys of Neptune" is "Mr. Bad Luck," a Jimi Hendrix Experience track, produced by Chas Chandler during the 1967 "Axis: Bold as Love" sessions.
As part of the opening wave of releases for the Jimi Hendrix Catalog Project, Legacy Recordings will also be releasing new deluxe CD/DVD editions of "Are You Experienced?," "Axis: Bold As Love," "Electric Ladyland," and "First Rays of the New Rising Sun," also available on vinyl, on March 9th.
Each of the essential titles in the Jimi Hendrix catalog to be newly reissued on Legacy will feature a bonus DVD featuring newly created documentaries directed by the Grammy-award-winning Bob Smeaton and featuring interviews with Experience members Noel Redding, Mitch Mitchell, Billy Cox, original producer Chas Chandler and engineer Eddie Kramer. In addition, "Smash Hits," Jimi's original compilation, will be reintroduced. The critically acclaimed "Live At Woodstock" will be available as a standard DVD as well as a Blu-ray disc.
"No artist has ever transformed the pop music landscape as profoundly or as permanently as Jimi Hendrix," said Adam Block, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Legacy Recordings. "We are proud to be partnering with Experience Hendrix in releasing 'Valleys of Neptune', a treasure for Hendrix fans both new and experienced. It's an auspicious start in fulfilling a shared vision for the Jimi Hendrix catalog going forward."
"Valleys Of Neptune" track listing:
"Stone Free"
Recorded: Record Plant, New York, April 7th, 9th, 14th, May 17th,1969
Producer: Jimi Hendrix
Vocal, Guitar: Jimi Hendrix
Bass: Billy Cox
Drums: Mitch Mitchell
Backing Vocals: Roger Chapman, Andy Fairweather Low
"Valleys Of Neptune"
Recorded: Record Plant, New York, September 23rd, 1969, May 15th, 1970
Percussion: Juma Sultan
"Bleeding Heart"
Recorded: Record Plant, New York, April 24th, 1969
Drums: Rocky Isaac
Tambourine: Chris Grimes
Maracas: Al Marks
"Hear My Train A Comin'"
Recorded: Record Plant, New York, April 7th, 1969
Bass: Noel Redding
"Mr. Bad Luck"
Recorded: Olympic Studios, London, May 5th, 1967
Producer: Chas Chandler
Additional bass and drum recording, Air Studios, London, June 5th, 1987
"Sunshine Of Your Love"
Recorded: Olympic Studios, London, February 16th, 1969
Guitar: Jimi Hendrix
Percussion: Rocki Dzidzornu
"Lover Man"
"Ships Passing Through The Night"
Recorded: Record Plant, New York, April 14th, 1969
Guitar, Vocals: Jimi Hendrix
"Fire"
Recorded: Olympic Studios, London, February 17th, 1969
Bass, Backing Vocal: Noel Redding
"Red House"
Recorded: Olympic Studios, London, February 17th, 1969
"Lullaby For The Summer"
Recorded: Record Plant, New York, April 7th, 1969
Mixed By Eddie Kramer
Guitar: Jimi Hendrix
"Crying Blue Rain"
Additional bass and drum recording, Air Studios, London, June 5th, 1987
Percussion: Rocki Dzidzornu
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Jimi Hendrix   Jimi Hendrix - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 8:53 am

Sorry for such a length post, got it from a rock news site, and this for anyone (like myself) who is a Hendrix fanboy.
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Jimi Hendrix   Jimi Hendrix - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 9:21 pm

Thanks for listing the Hendrix discography.
THe LONGER the better ! Jimi Hendrix - Page 2 Icon_lol

As for fans saying 'what an abundance of material between 1967-1970', one thing die-hard fans do not like to hear is this.

In the 1970s and 1980s, probably 100's of illegal vinyl albums would pop up in record stores, even major retail record chains, because there was so much business,it would not get noticed but by Hendrix fans who happened across them.

Many on front or back covers would list songs we didn't know, or might say "rare, unreleased material".

These small labels were pirate or bootleg labels, and would hire studio musicians to imitate Hendrix, record it, press it, then move onto a new "project" "pressing", maybe the same company but a new name in case they might get caught.

I was told this by an old rocker, in the 1980s, as he knew for a fact that The White (Michael White & The White), the Zeppelin tribute band that would play Larry's Hideaway back then, were always being recorded and pressed onto bootleg vinyl, and it fooled many collectors/fans, who did not know such a thing was happening back then.

I'd be at stores, and was told "don't buy it, it's a fake", when I grabbed a Jimi album with like 6 songs, usually not a full album, and blurry photo cover.

Some of those pirates/bootlegs might have been legitimate, but is there a source that tells us which ones are, which ones are not?

In the hendrix movie,they show a brief clip when Jimi started a jazz fusion band and everybody hated it. It must have been years before its time, before Jeff Beck, and bands like Mahavishnu Orchestra played it... or were they inspired by that ever-so-brief moment in time, and heard what he did?

I want to get recordings of that period.

Do the Hendrix family own any live tapes from then? is it any of ther releases so far?
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Jimi Hendrix   Jimi Hendrix - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 8:30 am

The Jimi Hendrix estate only own the recordings that Hendrix did as a solo artists, which includes demos, live recordings, etc. They do not own the recordings that Hendrix did as a session musician for Little Richard, Johnnie Youngblood, etc.

Over the years since the familiy has owned the estate what they have done is sued successfully record labels that try to market these recordings as Hendrix recordings when in reality he was a hired gun and most cases is not even on all if any of the tracks, back in the 70's and 80's the tools in charge of the estate did not do such a wonderful job that is why the market was flooded with crap like 'Rare Hendrix' and other bullsh!t that had nothing to do with Hendrix.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Jimi Hendrix   Jimi Hendrix - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 1:57 pm

Hendrix kicked ass in his time! 10/10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jimi Hendrix   Jimi Hendrix - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 2:08 pm

7thSaviour wrote:

If only Hendrix were here to appreciate your ratings system. I'm positive he would have been touched.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Jimi Hendrix   Jimi Hendrix - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 2:48 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
7thSaviour wrote:

If only Hendrix were here to appreciate your ratings system. I'm positive he would have been touched.

Jimi Hendrix - Page 2 201269
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Jimi Hendrix   Jimi Hendrix - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 3:11 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
7thSaviour wrote:

Jimi Hendrix - Page 2 201269 Hey, I kept it to a best of 10, just for you! You are my biggest ratings critic EVER! Jimi Hendrix - Page 2 84826 Jimi Hendrix - Page 2 911681
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Jimi Hendrix   Jimi Hendrix - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 6:26 pm

Here's a link to the "new" Hendrix single:

http://www.spinner.com/2010/01/28/jimi-hendrix-valleys-of-neptune-song-premiere/
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Jimi Hendrix   Jimi Hendrix - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 2:11 pm

There’s to be a new Jimi Hendrix single. Come inside for full details…
It’s titled Bleeding Heart, taken from the upcoming album Valleys Of Neptune.
This will be available in digital form from March 1 and on seven-inch vinyl from March 8.
The song is an Elmore James cover, recorded in April 1969, with a rhythm section of bassist Billy Cox and drummer Rocky Isaac. There’s also a video for the song, directed by Julien Temple.
The B side of this single is another previously unreleased song called Peace In Mississippi, which is seven minutes long. This won’t be on the album
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Jimi Hendrix   Jimi Hendrix - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 11:05 pm

id love some hendrix vinyl. good luck with that i tell myself
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Jimi Hendrix   Jimi Hendrix - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 9:24 am

09-Aug-10More Jimi Hendrix Recordings To Be Re-released In October
Submitted by: Dana

Experience Hendrix LLC and Legacy Recordings have announced the second wave of releases in the monumental 2010 Jimi Hendrix Catalog Project, available October 19th, 2010. Legacy's next round of titles from the artist Rolling Stone magazine called the greatest guitarist of all time will include deluxe editions of "Jimi Hendrix Experience: BBC Sessions" and "Jimi Hendrix: Blues," his legendary "Live At Woodstock" performance, and "Merry Christmas & A Happy New Year," the highly collectible Jimi Hendrix Christmas EP.
Originally released in 1994, the "Jimi Hendrix: Blues" album features 11 blues performances recorded by Hendrix between 1966 and 1970 showcasing the guitarist's mastery of the 12-bar form. The new deluxe Legacy edition comes packaged in a six-panel digipak with an expanded, 36-page booklet and includes a bonus DVD featuring an expanded, 30-minute version of "Jimi Hendrix and the Blues" from the Martin Scorsese Presents The Blues series. Directed and produced by Alex Gibney, Janie Hendrix and John McDermott, the film features interviews and live performances not seen in the original PBS television broadcast. A double-disc 12" vinyl LP audiophile edition of "Jimi Hendrix: Blues" will also be available.
The Legacy edition of "Jimi Hendrix Experience: BBC Sessions" brings together recordings from Hendrix's appearances on a variety of BBC radio and television broadcasts from 1967 through 1969. The two-CD "Jimi Hendrix Experience: BBC Sessions" comes packaged in a six-panel digipak and includes a never before released 30-minute bonus DVD documentary. The film features the group’s famed January 1969 appearance on "Happening For Lulu" which featured Hendrix interrupting the live broadcast to perform a ferocious rendition of Cream's "Sunshine Of Your Love" together with interviews with Jimi Hendrix Experience bandmates Mitch Mitchell and Noel Redding as well as BBC staff producers Jeff Griffin and Bernie Andrews detailing the legendary sessions. The acclaimed 2-CD set includes Hendrix's unique interpretations of such classics as Bob Dylan's "Can You Please Crawl Out Your Window?," Muddy Waters' "Hoochie Coochie Man" [with noted British blues enthusiast Alexis Korner on slide guitar], The Beatles' "Day Tripper" as well as two songs featuring the dream pairing of Stevie Wonder with Hendrix. A single CD "best-of" the BBC Sessions as well as a three-disc 12" audiophile vinyl LP edition of the album will also be available. Both the 2-CD and 3-LP BBC sets feature a previoulsy unreleased version of "Burning Of The Midnight Lamp" sourced from the August 24, 1967 of the Jimi Hendrix Experience on "Top of The Tops."
Jimi Hendrix's watershed "Live At Woodstock" album, the artist's most popular live performance, will be reissued in a two-CD set, available in both digipak and brilliant box configurations as well as an audiophile, three-disc 12" vinyl LP edition.
"Merry Christmas & Happy New Year", the Jimi Hendrix seasonal single, features the celebrated 1969 medley of "Little Drummer Boy," "Silent Night" and "Auld Lang Syne" backed with "Three Little Bears." "Merry Christmas & Happy New Year" will be reissued as a CD as well as on 7" vinyl in a picture sleeve.
The upcoming wave of 2010 Jimi Hendrix titles culminates in the long-awaited release of "West Coast Seattle Boy: The Jimi Hendrix Anthology," a definitive career-spanning four-CD box set which tracks Hendrix's remarkable journey from R&B sideman to international stardom. The deluxe set is filled with previously unreleased Jimi Hendrix Experience recordings plus demos, alternate takes and more. The newly curated and assembled Jimi Hendrix anthology will include a new Hendrix documentary directed by the Grammy award-winning Bob Smeaton ("Beatles Anthology," "Festival Express," "Beatles: The Studio Recordings").
"Jimi's music is as alive today as it was 40 years ago, and the success of our most recent releases with Sony Legacy provides thrilling confirmation. We have long maintained that the power of Jimi's music and the power of his message would stand the test of time and provide its own bridge to the future," said Janie Hendrix, CEO of Experience Hendrix LLC. "Being partnered with Legacy enables us to reach a more global audience with that message. And the best is yet to come. What we have in store will propel Jimi into a new decade, with unseen footage and unheard versions of his songs that will absolutely amaze today's music lovers. And we're confident that the distribution is in good hands, opening the door to new and fresh markets. The focus of our endeavors is, and always will be, all about Jimi's music."
"The partnership we've formed with Experience Hendrix to bring Jimi's music to new generations continues to be a potent one and the fan and critical response to our Jimi Hendrix catalog project is so gratifying ," said Adam Block, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Legacy Recordings. "The soul and spirit Jimi's music is truly universal, reaching across time with its eternal vitality, power and beauty."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jimi Hendrix   Jimi Hendrix - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 9:37 am

manny wrote:
Well Metalguy I am sure if Hendrix had lived, 99% of the music that has been released since his death would have never seen the light of the day. I am sure you are right some of those songs and demos, as cool and as great as I think they are, I am sure there was a good reason Hendrix himself never released them.
I think a good portion of "First Rays", "South Saturn" and "Valley" would have been released, but they would have been as Jimi wanted. From all accounts the guy was rather particular and what the final product would have been is something we can only guess at. It's kinda funny to hear people close to him talk about what he would have done, considering that everyone around him couldn't keep up let along figure out what he was up to. Interviews about the forthcoming album that never happened pointed to Jimi doing something different. Jimi was digging the jazz scene around the end, so that would have been something to hear wouldn't it. The fact is Jimi died broke, so had he lived things would have been cast under the light of getting out of debt and money problems always seem to "make your decisions for you". Jimi had character and was as such that he was a musician and not a businessman. I'm pretty sure that what ever he did it would have been mind blowing. He was a rolling stone...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jimi Hendrix   Jimi Hendrix - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 9:54 am

What is a good Hendrix live album? I've had Band Of Gypsys for years and love it, but it is not "The Experience". Is there a good live recording you can recommend with "The Experience". I'm a huge Jimi Hendrix fan but never strayed from the releases while he was alive. What's a good starting point with the live albums.

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Jimi Hendrix   Jimi Hendrix - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 10:50 am

I recommend the following live albums:

Jimi Hendrix - Page 2 Winterland_jimi_hendrix

Jimi Hendrix - Page 2 51mW%2Bo94ZLL._SL500_AA300_

Jimi Hendrix - Page 2 51h7g-sHCgL._SL500_AA300_

Jimi Hendrix - Page 2 51eCdNaHipL._SL500_AA300_

Jimi Hendrix - Page 2 61nRCPnFSdL._SL500_AA300_

and this one is not perfect but still great IMO

Jimi Hendrix - Page 2 51alCCTysAL._SL500_AA300_

No two Hendrix performances were ever the same, and I hope this list helps
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content