Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Recomendations on my next guitar. A $1000 budget

Go down 
+5
Troublezone
White_Mage
bgast1
Temple of Blood
powermacho
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

Recomendations on my next guitar. A $1000 budget Empty
PostSubject: Recomendations on my next guitar. A $1000 budget   Recomendations on my next guitar. A $1000 budget Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 12:56 am

I would like to get any recommendations from you guys. I'm looking for an ORIGINAL FLOYD ROSE GUITAR with some pick ups for traditional heavy metal. If I could be more specific I would like Alder body, fast neck, white color, and unfinished neck if is possible.

So far I have seen 4 guitars that have original Floyd rose for my budget

CHARVEL SO-CAL with demario pick ups
http://www.wildwestguitars.com/charvelproduction.htm#socal

Jackson RR4 with 1 EMG pick up
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-RR24-Randy-Rhoads-Snow-White-Electric-Guitar-with-EMGs?sku=512578

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR with EMG pick ups
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-C1-Hellraiser-FR-Electric-Guitar?sku=518471

Kramer 1985 baretta
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Kramer-1985-USA-Baretta-Electric-Guitar?sku=515294
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Recomendations on my next guitar. A $1000 budget   Recomendations on my next guitar. A $1000 budget Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 1:01 am

I'd go for the Schecter. Looks like a better neck to me.

I had a Jackson V and couldn't stand it because it was so hard to play when sitting down.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

PostSubject: Re: Recomendations on my next guitar. A $1000 budget   Recomendations on my next guitar. A $1000 budget Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 1:14 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
I'd go for the Schecter. Looks like a better neck to me.

I had a Jackson V and couldn't stand it because it was so hard to play when sitting down.
I haven't tried the Schecter for now, But I like the neck about the JACKSON. The thing is that I have heard many complains about how bad the quality of their guitars are, that is why I am considering a Charvel or a Kramer instead. But there is that Scheckter for a very good price
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

PostSubject: Re: Recomendations on my next guitar. A $1000 budget   Recomendations on my next guitar. A $1000 budget Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 10:33 pm

any recommendations? I cant decide between the Jackson, Charvel and The Kramer models.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recomendations on my next guitar. A $1000 budget   Recomendations on my next guitar. A $1000 budget Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 10:34 pm

The Kramer. But I'm stuck in the 80's.
Back to top Go down
bgast1
Metal master
Metal master
bgast1

Number of posts : 710

PostSubject: Re: Recomendations on my next guitar. A $1000 budget   Recomendations on my next guitar. A $1000 budget Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 10:47 pm

Can I interject here with a question. I have a Washburn X Series guitar. Probably not a very good guitar because I got it for free. It stays in tune pretty good, but when I play it sometimes the volume is loud and at other times it is soft no consistency. Could this be the guitar or the 10 W Rocktron amp that I have. I'm trying to decide what to buy next. A new amp or another guitar and what is the least I could expect to spend to get quality enough for me just to fool around with. I doubt that I will ever be good enough to be in a band.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

PostSubject: Re: Recomendations on my next guitar. A $1000 budget   Recomendations on my next guitar. A $1000 budget Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 11:50 pm

bgast1 wrote:
Can I interject here with a question. I have a Washburn X Series guitar. Probably not a very good guitar because I got it for free. It stays in tune pretty good, but when I play it sometimes the volume is loud and at other times it is soft no consistency. Could this be the guitar or the 10 W Rocktron amp that I have. I'm trying to decide what to buy next. A new amp or another guitar and what is the least I could expect to spend to get quality enough for me just to fool around with. I doubt that I will ever be good enough to be in a band.
I also own a washburn guitar, and led me tell you that those are great guitars for its price.
If your guitar is like mine, that don't have a tremolo, and have an ordinary pick up, I would recommend a new guitar with original Floyd Rose not only to learn more, but also to be more motivated. But you need a bigger amp, at least an amp with 2 speakers of 12" each to get something close to a tube amp.

I am having a hard time to deiced between the KRAMER BARETTA and Charvel SO-CAL.
Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Number of posts : 535

PostSubject: Re: Recomendations on my next guitar. A $1000 budget   Recomendations on my next guitar. A $1000 budget Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 12:22 am

bgast1 wrote:

a crappy guitar through a good amp will sound good

a good guitar through a crappy amp will sound crappy

I'd recomend a combo if your not in a band you can pick up a decent one for around 600-700 bux
Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

PostSubject: Re: Recomendations on my next guitar. A $1000 budget   Recomendations on my next guitar. A $1000 budget Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 1:06 am

I'd recomend that you get the Jackson powermacho i got one and i think its great keep in mind i use mine on stage so im standing with it if your looking for a sitting down guitar than id recommend the scheter or charvel
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

PostSubject: Re: Recomendations on my next guitar. A $1000 budget   Recomendations on my next guitar. A $1000 budget Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 3:40 am

White_Mage wrote:
I'd recomend that you get the Jackson powermacho i got one and i think its great keep in mind i use mine on stage so im standing with it if your looking for a sitting down guitar than id recommend the scheter or charvel
To be honest I want the jackson, charvel and Kramer. But I only can buy one. So I wanted to get some advises of which model I should get.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Recomendations on my next guitar. A $1000 budget   Recomendations on my next guitar. A $1000 budget Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 9:39 am

I have a Jackson and the quality is very good.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

PostSubject: Re: Recomendations on my next guitar. A $1000 budget   Recomendations on my next guitar. A $1000 budget Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 11:30 am

troublezone wrote:
What about the Jackson RR4? do you recomend it?
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

PostSubject: Re: Recomendations on my next guitar. A $1000 budget   Recomendations on my next guitar. A $1000 budget Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 4:51 pm

If it would be between the Jackson RR4 and the Charvel what would it be?
the Charvel has 2 pick ups,Tone Zone Pick for bridge and Evolution for neck - The Jackson has 1 pick up an EMG81
Both guitars are from Alder Body.
Both guitars have original Floyd rose with double locking tremolo
Charvel has Unfinished neck, - the Jackson doesn't
Charvel has 22 Jumbo frets - Jackson has 24 Jumbo frets
Charvel has Bolt on neck - and Jackson has Neck through-body
Charvel has 1 volume and a 3 way switch - The Jackson only has one volume

Charvels goes for $999 - Jackson goes for around $1250
Back to top Go down
ultrametal
Metal student
Metal student
ultrametal

Number of posts : 192

PostSubject: Re: Recomendations on my next guitar. A $1000 budget   Recomendations on my next guitar. A $1000 budget Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 5:49 pm

If your gonna spent over a grand get Two Ibanez guitars their Guitars are consistant the wizard necks are fast the pickups are very good and their trems are very good quality especially the Edge pro bridges they are very comparable to floyd rose trems. I play an Ibanez 450 and Its a smokin guitar.. you can get this model if you want white..

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RG350DX-Electric-Guitar?sku=519415

or for over a grand this one is Pristine!

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RG2620CBK-Electric-Guitar?sku=517964

Or if you want Dean this model is on my wish list..Also come in white.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Dean-Vendetta-4.0-Electric-Guitar-with-Floyd-Rose?sku=515819
Back to top Go down
http://www.burnlounge.com/desertriomedia
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

PostSubject: Re: Recomendations on my next guitar. A $1000 budget   Recomendations on my next guitar. A $1000 budget Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 7:49 pm

powermacho wrote:
White_Mage wrote:
To be honest I want the jackson, charvel and Kramer. But I only can buy one. So I wanted to get some advises of which model I should get.

For 1000+ your gonna get a good guitar either way so I say spend some time thinking it over and see which one you really want there pretty similar guitars and its really a personal preference on which one you want
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Recomendations on my next guitar. A $1000 budget   Recomendations on my next guitar. A $1000 budget Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 8:55 pm

jacksons rock 'n' rule!

friggen sweet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Recomendations on my next guitar. A $1000 budget   Recomendations on my next guitar. A $1000 budget Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 9:07 pm

I have had Gibson, Fender, Ibanez, Ovation and Jackson guitars. For the money go with Ibanez. They sound killer and they they play well. I'll never sell them short. I personally like the Ice Man.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Recomendations on my next guitar. A $1000 budget   Recomendations on my next guitar. A $1000 budget Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 1:26 am

powermacho wrote:
troublezone wrote:
What about the Jackson RR4? do you recomend it?

If you want a straight up "metal" guitar go with the Jackson but if you want a more diverse sound go with the Charvel.

Jackson - Randy Rhoads, Dave Mustaine, Criss Oliva...

Charvel - Van Halen, Criss Oliva, Oz Fox...
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Recomendations on my next guitar. A $1000 budget   Recomendations on my next guitar. A $1000 budget Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 1:30 am

I gotta agree with Ultra and say that Ibanez is a great guitar for the money!

Ibanez - Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Alex Skolnick and Rocky George...

I should get one as a second guitar to compliment my jackson!
Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

PostSubject: Re: Recomendations on my next guitar. A $1000 budget   Recomendations on my next guitar. A $1000 budget Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 1:32 am

no powermacho don't listen to them go with JACKSON! lol!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Recomendations on my next guitar. A $1000 budget   Recomendations on my next guitar. A $1000 budget Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 2:27 am

Recomendations on my next guitar. A $1000 budget 2914000503_xl
Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

PostSubject: Re: Recomendations on my next guitar. A $1000 budget   Recomendations on my next guitar. A $1000 budget Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 7:40 pm

JACKSON JACKSON JACKSON!!!!!

(boy am I ready for an endorsment)
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

PostSubject: Re: Recomendations on my next guitar. A $1000 budget   Recomendations on my next guitar. A $1000 budget Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 10:56 pm

Thanks guys. I am looking for a guitar with Original Floyd Rose, so I don't go out of tune. I am going to check out those Ibanez, thanks Rob.

The thing with Jackson, is that I have read over the internet many complains about poor quality of production by the factories. So I am not an expert to re-finish them or to Set up guitars, or fix the wires from the hardware. I rather get a Charvel, since they are Made on the Usa, and they are not beings mass produced, so we get a deal close enough of a custom guitar

From Ibanez, I had this guitar recomended before. I heard the ZR tremolo from Ibanez is their best
S620EXQM

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-S620EXQM-Electric-Guitar?sku=512501
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Recomendations on my next guitar. A $1000 budget   Recomendations on my next guitar. A $1000 budget Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 12:29 am

Quote :
The thing with Jackson, is that I have read over the internet many complains about poor quality of production by the factories.

Never had a problem with mine and i've had it a few years now.
Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

PostSubject: Re: Recomendations on my next guitar. A $1000 budget   Recomendations on my next guitar. A $1000 budget Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 12:30 am

troublezone wrote:
Quote :
The thing with Jackson, is that I have read over the internet many complains about poor quality of production by the factories.

Never had a problem with mine and i've had it a few years now.

same for me and my Jackson is a lesser quality model and its been flawless
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recomendations on my next guitar. A $1000 budget   Recomendations on my next guitar. A $1000 budget Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Recomendations on my next guitar. A $1000 budget
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: