Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Review of UFO-1

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Review of UFO-1 Empty
PostSubject: Review of UFO-1   Review of UFO-1 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 9:27 am

UFO's first release has little in common with the juggernaught that this band would prove to be in just a few short years after this album was released. UFO on this album did not seem ready to be prime time players, and little in this collection would hint at what the future lay ahead for this band.
Dubbed " Space Rock" by the British press this album which was released in 1970 would have fit perfectly in the summer of love, but their debut album would sound dated right out of the starting gate. Line up of Phil Mogg(vocals), Pete Way (bass), Andy Parker(drums) and Mick Bolton (guitars) songs such as "Tracle People" and " Evil" sound like a psychedlic mish mash meets cliche 12 bar blues. Their cover song of Eddie Cochran's " C'mon Everybody" does little to improve upon the original, and " Who Do You Love" the Bo Diddley standard is lifeless and dull. "Come Away Melinda" was recorded and done better by Uriah Heep the same year as this relase.
" Boogie" and " Shake it Up" is what I imagine what UFO must have sounded like live when they were still playing the British pubs, and as result are the best songs on the album but they do resort to blues based cliched sound of that era. You can hear the talent that the band has in the recording but there is no magic like the later line ups possessed. Mick Bolton while not a bad guitartist was not the right guitartist for this band. This album is only for completist who interested in hearing the birth pains of legendary band.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Review of UFO-1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Review of UFO-1   Review of UFO-1 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 9:50 am

I want this album. Wish it wasn't so dang hard to come by. SPACE ROCK! \'arry \'eadbanger

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Review of UFO-1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Review of UFO-1   Review of UFO-1 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 11:53 am

ultmetal wrote:
I want this album. Wish it wasn't so dang hard to come by. SPACE ROCK! \'arry \'eadbanger

Ult I got my copy from Amazon for 7.98, which is not bad, but warning you it will be a filler for your UFO collection.
Back to top Go down

Review of UFO-1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Review of UFO-1   Review of UFO-1 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 11:55 am

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00000I5MM/ref=sr_1_olp_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1221148507&sr=1-1
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Review of UFO-1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Review of UFO-1   Review of UFO-1 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 12:33 pm

Pfffttt! Never even thought to look at Amazon. Thanks.

Review of UFO-1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Review of UFO-1   Review of UFO-1 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Review of UFO-1
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: The Hurting Words-
Jump to: