Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Facebook

Go down 
+15
Stender
speed101
MetalGuy71
manny
EvyMetal
Smindas
Schbopo
Metal Misfit
KissinMaiden
Fat Freddy
MoonChild
mc666
kethdredd
Required Fields
jstate
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

Facebook - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Facebook   Facebook - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 8:30 pm

So I've been doing the facebook thing a few weeks. It actually has been a lot cooler than I thought it would be. I love hearing from the old friends and catching up. Ironically it is the people I had the most drama with that now are the most interesting to talk with. The former girlfriend from hell is probably my best facebook friend. Even crazier that she is now a loving mother and wife. Of course she still blames me fifteen years on for all our mess. She really needs to let it go.

Are there any decent groups to join on there though? Everything I've done has just been join, post once, and then that's it.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28447

Facebook - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Facebook   Facebook - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 4:51 pm

The new format was launched recently. I am starting to get used to it now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37647

Facebook - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Facebook   Facebook - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 4:51 pm

Required Fields wrote:
The new format was launched recently. I am starting to get used to it now.

Yea, it took a day or two for me to get used to as well. I just signed up for Facebook about a week ago, and just as I started finding my way around, they went and changed everything up on me!! That figures.
angry

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

Facebook - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Facebook   Facebook - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 5:22 pm

I've been using Facebook for quite a long while now... not sure how long that is, mind, but nigh on 2 years I think. The new format is weird, but I am getting a bit more used to it. Definitely prefer the old one though.

Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

Facebook - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Facebook   Facebook - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 6:05 pm

I GATS A FACEBOOK. LOOK ME UP. THE NAME'S not important

Last edited by EvyMetal on Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Facebook - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Facebook   Facebook - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 11:48 am

I've started using facebook as well, I'm really enjoying it so far. I've re-connected with quite a few people I thought I'd never talk to again.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Facebook - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Facebook   Facebook - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 8:52 pm

Funny thing about it is the number of people I've re-connected with who have only reminded me rather quickly why I lost contact with them in the first place. Interesting how some people never really change after all those years. The thing I do love about it is the random way people from the past show up on there. One of my freshman year roommates, who I really wasn't friends with at all, has turned into one of the people I communicate with the most through facebook. Plus the ex-girlfriends are always fun.
Back to top Go down

Facebook - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Facebook   Facebook - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 9:52 pm

My "first love" just found me today...that opened up some emotional scars I'm not sure I was ready to revisit. She kind of ripped out my heart, crunched it into the gravel, poured lighter fluid on it and set it on fire...
Back to top Go down

Facebook - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Facebook   Facebook - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 10:38 pm

detuned wrote:
My "first love" just found me today...that opened up some emotional scars I'm not sure I was ready to revisit. She kind of ripped out my heart, crunched it into the gravel, poured lighter fluid on it and set it on fire...

...and I bet she acted like she did nothing bad. Smile
Back to top Go down

Facebook - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Facebook   Facebook - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 10:41 pm

spectrefate wrote:
detuned wrote:

Not only that...she sent me an invitation to her wedding. angry
Back to top Go down

Facebook - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Facebook   Facebook - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 10:42 pm

Ohhhh that b!tch. angry
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Facebook - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Facebook   Facebook - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 11:43 pm

detuned wrote:
spectrefate wrote:
detuned wrote:

Not only that...she sent me an invitation to her wedding. angry

On the other hand weddings are great place to hook with chicks.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Facebook - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Facebook   Facebook - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 9:38 pm

My "first love" is actually pretty cool on there. Though we only talk about the present. I love the way that old girlfriends remember things versus what really happened. I'm constantly reminded of my many dubious choices in women.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Facebook - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Facebook   Facebook - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 11:55 am

My wife recently signed up. So far, she hasn't pestered me to join, but I'm sure that will eventually change.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Facebook - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Facebook   Facebook - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 12:43 pm

Thankfully my "first love" lives on a different continent and if she's on Facebook, she hasn't found me yet...though I've re-connected with a few female type peoples that I knew in high school who never even looked at me back then, now they're sending me messages about their kids and stuff. Kinda odd. I'm like "With a single Facebook message, you've already said more to me than you did in four years of high school" Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Facebook - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Facebook   Facebook - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 12:44 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Thankfully my "first love" lives on a different continent and if she's on Facebook, she hasn't found me yet...

Your first love is Samantha Fox, isn't it. Smile
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Facebook - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Facebook   Facebook - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 12:45 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Thankfully my "first love" lives on a different continent and if she's on Facebook, she hasn't found me yet...

Your first love is Samantha Fox, isn't it. Smile

In my dreams, yes. In my wonderful, wonderful dreams... hahahaha

I would welcome a "friend request" from Samantha Fox (though my wife might have something to say about it...)

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Facebook - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Facebook   Facebook - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 2:56 pm

Facebook - Page 2 83628

detuned wrote:

Well, I guess this was inevitable since half of the planet is now on Facebook... my "first love," aka my college girlfriend, sent me a friend request earlier this week. Yikes. She even attached a little note to the request saying "I hope you remember who I am," (Of course, I do... you never forget the first girl who you...ummm... nevermind...hahaha), but I figured nothing good could come of being back in contact with her (she was a little on the possessive/obsessive/crazy side) so I hit the "IGNORE" button. It was actually rather satisfying. Laughing

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Facebook - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Facebook   Facebook - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 2:59 pm

My first love (lay) is one of my FB friends, and whenever I see her postings I wonder how stoned was I to not notice how dumb she was, but back then I guess I did not care for little things like smarts.
Back to top Go down
speed101
Metal master
Metal master
speed101

Number of posts : 516

Facebook - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Facebook   Facebook - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 8:15 pm

I keep trying to find metal friends in my state of South Carolina on Facebook but cant.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Facebook - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Facebook   Facebook - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 8:52 pm

manny wrote:
My first love (lay) is one of my FB friends, and whenever I see her postings I wonder how stoned was I to not notice how dumb she was, but back then I guess I did not care for little things like smarts.

A paper bag cant cover up no smarts. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
troublemagnet
Metal Conspiracist

Number of posts : 410

Facebook - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Facebook   Facebook - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 9:28 pm

Facebook gets me in trouble.I like being rude to people exspecially inlaws and ex'es. My friend list gets smaller and smaller. I've been messaged with rude comments by my daughter's white trash family because they were spying on my profile.Sometimes, I'll leave a nasty comment, knowing those nosy bastards will eventually read it.
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

Facebook - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Facebook   Facebook - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 10:37 pm

I dabble in Facebook a little, my wife and I share a profile, we went to the same college and have the same friends so we can both re-connect with people at the same time. She's on it way more than I am.
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

Facebook - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Facebook   Facebook - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 12:33 pm

jstate wrote:
Funny thing about it is the number of people I've re-connected with who have only reminded me rather quickly why I lost contact with them in the first place.

Same here.... was convinced by one friend he had matured...

he was talking a good game, but he was a human sponge and still is, never repays, always borrows...

it came to the point where I stopped messaging him, after many months, (this time, him not promising yet again to mail me packages)
he blows up about my silence, then calms down, promises to send everything that was promised..
3 days later he defriends me, but tells others I did , says he will never repay me to another friend, starts writing on people's walls I am a criminal even though I won my court case 20 years ago...

Most people's real nature can't be changed.

troublemagnet wrote:
Facebook gets me in trouble.I like being rude to people exspecially inlaws and ex'es. My friend list gets smaller and smaller. I've been messaged with rude comments by my daughter's white trash family because they were spying on my profile.Sometimes, I'll leave a nasty comment, knowing those nosy bastards will eventually read it.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Ultimate.Nightmare
Metal novice
Metal novice
Ultimate.Nightmare

Number of posts : 96

Facebook - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Facebook   Facebook - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 1:25 am

Ugh. Facebook to me is just a giant Pandora's Box....That's not to say I don't have an account though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Facebook - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Facebook   Facebook - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Facebook
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2