Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Green Day

Go down 
+22
muckie
Glower
Aaron_D
Hadley
DallasBlack
Runicen
exact33
James B.
Eyesore
Witchfinder
MetalGuy71
ZombieHavoc
Boris2008
scottmitchell74
Addy
Stender
GrandNational
MetalRob331
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
Orion Crystal Ice
manny
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3163

Green Day - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2016 4:30 pm

I just read that Green Day protested Trump ...
The KKK took my baby away, Bonzo , type thing.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Green Day - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2016 5:19 pm

When/where did they do that?

It's a pet peeve of mine when artists (movies, music, whatever) spout political views during a concert or awards ceremony or the like.  If they want to make a public statement via their PR people or during a press conference or interview fine but I don't go to concerts or comedy shows to hear the performer spew their political views.  Just shut up and do what I paid to see.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
muckie

Number of posts : 493

Green Day - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2016 8:38 am

Their album "Dookie" was an overrated piece of shit that deserves its name (pun intended). I couldn't see the appeal of it.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37614

Green Day - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2016 2:04 pm

Quote :
When/where did they do that?

During the American Music Awards the other night - apparently they broke into a chant of "No Trump, no KKK, no fascist USA" in the midst of whatever song they were playing.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

Green Day - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2016 1:47 am

just strikes me as trying to remain relevant

who listens to Green Day anymore?
Back to top Go down
muckie
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
muckie

Green Day - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2016 6:41 am

Shit, who even listens to MUSIC anymore? Anybody? Everything good has become niche and even the mainstream charts are barren, short-lived, and dwindling. It's either Kanye, Bieber, or Gaga.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

Green Day - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2016 11:02 am

i don't intend to defend kanye's personality (because who can? the dude's legitimately insane) but a lot of his music is actually pretty good.

for lack of a better way to manipulate words of persuasion, take into consideration this article about his album Yeezus written by Lou Reed.

http://thetalkhouse.com/lou-reed-of-the-velvet-underground-talks-kanye-wests-yeezus/
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

Green Day - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2016 11:15 am

Parrots! People just throw the word "fascist" around and I don't think too many people know what they're saying.

Green Day...soft, middle-aged Punk Rockers. They were on a late show last night saying the same nonsense.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

Green Day - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2016 2:40 pm

When I was in Warsaw last week I saw several really prominent advertisements for their latest album, Revolution Radio. I listened to the album once in the background when I was working on something a few months ago. It wasn't somewhat catchy here and there, but not very memorable overall.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Green Day - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2016 4:55 pm

Now that both of my kids are Green Day fans, they decided that they both want G.D. t-shirts for Christmas. My brother opted to take that bullet - he works in a Mall so he went to the Hot Topic store this afternoon and bought one for each of them, cuz he's The Cool Uncle.

... I would've given my left nut to be a fly on the wall watching my bro (a balding, mid-forties "Old School Death Metal Guy Who Hates Every Note of Music Released After 1990") browsing the tee shirt racks in Hot Topic. I'm sure he had a few choice thoughts about the other (younger) customers, the music being played in the store, the employees, etc. He also despises Green Day, so I'm sure he  hated knowing that they were getting some of his money. Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Green Day - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2016 5:37 pm

I don't get all the Green Day hate.  Yeah they got really pretentious with American Idiot but before that (and the "Uno", "Dos" and "Trey" albums after that) they are actually just catchy power pop IMO.  Sure they all basically sound the same but so do the Ramones.

I'm not a rabid fan or anything but I do have a bunch of Green Day albums and I still enjoy listening to them from time to time.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Green Day - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2016 10:29 am

My brother's just an old crank who hates everything.. Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Green Day - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2016 11:32 am

I like Green Day, like toho said, catchy punk pop music, it seems to be a contradiction being a pop punk band, but whatever I like their tunes and albums.
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 991

Green Day - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2016 11:46 am

Yeah, they're an enjoyable band to me too, though their newer stuff doesnt do much for me admittedly.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

Green Day - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2016 10:02 am

I enjoy their albums, and have them all via purchases, library or friends, but I'm not very invested in them. I've never at any point binged on their music. Probably my favorite song from them is "Walking Contradiction", which was also a great video. My favorite album is most likely 21ast Century Breakdown.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Green Day - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2017 4:06 pm

My 9 year old and I went to the local thrift shop a week or so ago and he walked out with two Green Day CDs (Dookie and Shenanigans) plus DVDs of the original "Halloween" and John Carpenter's "Christine."

I was like "He buys CDs and horror movies. I SHALL CALL HIM MINI-ME!"

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Green Day - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 13, 2017 12:35 pm

Thanks to the influence of my kids, who listen to Green Day pretty much 24-7 these days, I have added two more G.D. albums to my own collection: "American Idiot" (which is excellent) and "Warning" (which is kinda blah, aside from two or three songs)...

If their stuff keeps turning up in Goodwill on the cheap I'll keep pickin' em up.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Green Day - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 03, 2017 10:37 am

Picked up a cheapo copy of GD's second album, "Kerplunk!" (1992) yesterday. At this point they were still signed to a no-name indie label, playing punk dives and selling this album out of the back of their van.

It's not a bad listen, but if you'd played it for me in 1992 and told me "in three years these guys will be one of the biggest bands in the world" I would've said "get the F outta here," haha.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Green Day - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 01, 2017 10:47 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

If their stuff keeps turning up in Goodwill on the cheap I'll keep pickin' em up.

I found myself doing the same. I'm not a huge fan, but as I keep finding their stuff on the cheap in thrift shops, I'll keep grabbing 'em up.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
muckie

Green Day - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 07, 2017 3:37 am

Despite not liking them, I always thought it would be fun to discover the 'lost' album Cigarrettes & Valentines, being closely associated with collector circles that are apt to discover various holy grails every now and then. Thing is, it turned out that the album was rediscovered in its entirety last year, and they have no plans to release it because they've 'moved on', much to the dismay of their early fanbase. My dream of discovering this and making money from it has been shattered! Sad

I would've expected compensation for discovering the material and getting paid as a reward for its safe return. Thing is, I would not be cool with any of the members coming in contact with me even in the remotest sense, or having my name, image, etc. associated with the band in the media. That would be a nightmare, since I could give two flaming shits about any of their work and helping to propagate it. If I had found it, perhaps I could've just resold it to a private collector who would hoard it and keep it for themselves.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28392

Green Day - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2019 9:19 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Now that both of my kids are Green Day fans, they decided that they both want G.D. t-shirts for Christmas. My brother opted to take that bullet - he works in a Mall so he went to the Hot Topic store this afternoon and bought one for each of them, cuz he's The Cool Uncle.

... I would've given my left nut to be a fly on the wall watching my bro (a balding, mid-forties "Old School Death Metal Guy Who Hates Every Note of Music Released After 1990") browsing the tee shirt racks in Hot Topic. I'm sure he had a few choice thoughts about the other (younger) customers, the music being played in the store, the employees, etc. He also despises Green Day, so I'm sure he  hated knowing that they were getting some of his money. Laughing very hard

Maybe you mean 1993-94. There were only a few death metal bands in the 1980s. At least amongst bands with full length albums out, anyway.  It didn't really take off until 1990-91, when the majority of the original wave of death metal bands released their first albums.

There are worse bands than Green Day your brother could have given his money to, including many they are often mentioned alongside (I'm looking at you, Fall Out Boy). My parents like Green Day, which I suppose would be considered pretty "edgy" for parents of their age range (60+) in my neck of the woods. Most of the parents where I lived when I was growing up who were around my parents' age range at the time (40s) even despised bands like Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, KISS, Van Halen, etc., the "edgy" rockers of when they were growing up. I'd much rather have parents who like Green Day's music than say, Celine Dion's music.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Sponsored content

Green Day - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Green Day
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Let The Music Do The Talking-
Jump to: