Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Good music stores in south Texas

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

Good music stores in south Texas Empty
PostSubject: Good music stores in south Texas   Good music stores in south Texas Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 5:56 pm

I plan to be traveling in the Houston/Corpus Christi/San Antonio/Austin area this next week, and I would like to stop by some cool record stores. I am looking for places that might sell used, out-of-print metal CDs, whether Christian or non-Christian music. Maybe used bookstores, used CD stores, good pawn shops--wherever! If any of you know any cool places, please let me know. I would love to make some finds this next week. Thanks in advance!

Ryan
stevegarveyfan
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Good music stores in south Texas   Good music stores in south Texas Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 6:08 pm

Only place I've ever been to was Music Mania in Carrollton, which was a really good shop, no clue if it's still there. Probably not. It's not near where you'll be either. Useless post! crazy happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Good music stores in south Texas   Good music stores in south Texas Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 6:15 pm

Waterloo Records in Austin (6th St. & Lamar), decent sized used CD & LP stock, they also carry a large amount of independent and import stuff. Another store called Cheapo CDs is right down the street, it's warehouse sized.

Best heavy metal selection in town is at Encore Music (West Anderson Lane between Burnet Road & Lamar). I've found stuff there that I haven't seen in any other store in town.

Austin is a fun town, be sure to hit some of the bars on 6th St. while you're here.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Good music stores in south Texas   Good music stores in south Texas Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 8:19 pm

Quote :
Austin is a fun town

Did you ever go to that "Austin City Limits" place where they have the televised concerts?
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Good music stores in south Texas   Good music stores in south Texas Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 8:28 pm

I first read this thread as "God stores music in south Texas".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good music stores in south Texas   Good music stores in south Texas Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Good music stores in south Texas
Page 1 of 1