Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The best concert / festival you ever attended

Go down 
+12
TheGooch
assault_attack
tohostudios
scottmitchell74
Hamer12
skullsmasher
thejokeriv
Metal Misfit
Fat Freddy
SAHB Healer
manny
James B.
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
brontotex
brontotex

Number of posts : 446

The best concert / festival you ever attended - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The best concert / festival you ever attended   The best concert / festival you ever attended - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 10:02 pm

So, you were like 9 or 10 yrs. old at cal jam I ??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The best concert / festival you ever attended   The best concert / festival you ever attended - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 10:07 pm

I was only 5 when I saw Nirvana, so I can't really remember if they were good, but who cares, it's Nirvana?!
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: The best concert / festival you ever attended   The best concert / festival you ever attended - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 3:57 pm

assault_attack wrote:
I was backstage for the the US Festival (all 3 days) in 83" Very Happy

I would have to say that was the best one for me.

Deep Purple reunion tour of 84? or was it 85? Having been a huge fan of the Gillan era & thinking they would never perform together again, This was huge for me. Remember Gillan had been out of Purple for 11 years before they did this tour. Opened with "Highway Star" Wow!

UFO, Journey (Rollie era) & Montrose at Winterland was a night to remember.

Here's a funny tidbit regarding the Deep Purple reunion tour. Lars and James of Metallica took in a show at St. Louis, I believe...They were allowed to hang with the soundboard guy. Well, Lars kept pestering the guy. I think he kept telling him something to the effect of "More kick drum". The soundboard guy got totally annoyed, and both Ulrich and Hetfield were booted from the arena. LOL!!!

I can't remember what book that I have regarding Metallica that I read that in, but it did happen sometime on that reunion, and I think it was in St. Louis for some reason.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: The best concert / festival you ever attended   The best concert / festival you ever attended - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 4:02 pm

I have to say that either seeing Def Leppard during their "Hysteria" tour with Europe or seeing Metallica with Queensryche on the "Justice" tour would be tied for #1. They were the first two shows I had seen.

Def Leppard was great, because it rained like cats & dogs, and it just added to the whole atmosphere of the show. Unfortunately not much was represented off the first two albums.

Metallica was great, because it was my first Metallica show. There was a lot of nervous anticipation for this show. I knew the crowd would be a little rougher around the edges. Hell, I was one of those who played tennis in high school,...didn't really look the part, but was deeply indebted to this wonderful music known as HEAVY METAL!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The best concert / festival you ever attended   The best concert / festival you ever attended - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The best concert / festival you ever attended
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: