Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Least Favorite Debut From Your Favorite Bands

Go down 
+10
Orion Crystal Ice
Mglaffas81
mc666
Follower of Jesus
ThrashedOutCobra33
metalmaniac122
the sentinel
candlemass
tohostudios
DallasBlack
14 posters
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Least Favorite Debut From Your Favorite Bands Empty
PostSubject: Least Favorite Debut From Your Favorite Bands   Least Favorite Debut From Your Favorite Bands Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 12:05 pm

Just off the top of my head:

Shadow Gallery-s/t (one of my all time favorites and I've listened to that three times in over 7 years-just doesn't do much for me)

Iron Maiden-s/t (I like everything Maiden has done but for some reason I don't like the debut near as much as the rest of them-still infinitly better than Virtual XI, my least favorite Maiden disc)

Iced Earth-s/t (haven't heard it in years but I remember not liking it as much as the others-I might change my mind when I get the box set either at the end of this year or the begginng of next and hear it again)
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Debut From Your Favorite Bands   Least Favorite Debut From Your Favorite Bands Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 12:25 pm

The Angels - S/T

The Angels are my favorite band and it took me years to round up the debut at a reasonable price ($25). Then when I spun it, I discovered there was only one song on there that I really like (Am I Ever Gonna See Your Face Again).

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Debut From Your Favorite Bands   Least Favorite Debut From Your Favorite Bands Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 12:40 pm

Can't think of any really, though I suppose Maiden will do, the first two are throw outs!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Debut From Your Favorite Bands   Least Favorite Debut From Your Favorite Bands Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 1:37 pm

Rithie Blackmore's Rainbow. This band didn't really hit their stride until Long Live Rock and Roll, imho. Also, Blizzard of Ozz. I have always liked Diary and Bark much more than Blizzard. I guess those songs are just overplayed to my ears. Peace.
Back to top Go down
metalmaniac122
Metal student
Metal student
metalmaniac122

Number of posts : 137

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Debut From Your Favorite Bands   Least Favorite Debut From Your Favorite Bands Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 2:03 pm

Pantera
Back to top Go down
ThrashedOutCobra33
Metal master
Metal master
ThrashedOutCobra33

Number of posts : 586

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Debut From Your Favorite Bands   Least Favorite Debut From Your Favorite Bands Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 2:45 pm

metalmaniac122 wrote:
Pantera

Least Favorite Debut From Your Favorite Bands 47715
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus
Metal student
Metal student
Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 121

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Debut From Your Favorite Bands   Least Favorite Debut From Your Favorite Bands Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 4:02 pm

I love Megadeth, but their Killing album SUCKS! I hate that album.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Debut From Your Favorite Bands   Least Favorite Debut From Your Favorite Bands Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 4:16 pm

Scorpions

Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Debut From Your Favorite Bands   Least Favorite Debut From Your Favorite Bands Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 4:22 pm

Follower of Jesus wrote:

I second that - That album is really a steaming turd
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Debut From Your Favorite Bands   Least Favorite Debut From Your Favorite Bands Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 4:23 pm

Mglaffas81 wrote:
Follower of Jesus wrote:

it kicks the hell out of United Abominations

Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Debut From Your Favorite Bands   Least Favorite Debut From Your Favorite Bands Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 4:25 pm

The first Rage album and the Avenger stuff is pretty.... sluggish and also lame lyrically in a lot of parts...the second one was a huge step up in quality....although, it's always good to hear 'Suicide' live...

Pagan's Mind - Infinity Divine...I can remember one or two songs at most from it.....would be cool to hear speedier stuff from them again, but not like this..

Dark Moor - Shadowland.... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....
uhhhhh... there's the potential.. but the drums sound beyond horrible...Elisa is a little rough..and what is up with the title 'Walhalla'? W?

Quote :
it kicks the hell out of United Abominations

'Killing' is weak and drug fueled... but yes.. I don't really want to smash the CD into pieces the way I do with most of 'UA'.... and 'Killing' has 'Rattlehead'.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Debut From Your Favorite Bands   Least Favorite Debut From Your Favorite Bands Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 4:28 pm

Mglaffas81 wrote:
Follower of Jesus wrote:

I second that - That album is a steaming turd
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Debut From Your Favorite Bands   Least Favorite Debut From Your Favorite Bands Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 4:28 pm

Lonesome Crow and Shades of Deep Purple are nothing like the albums I grew up listening to from those respective bands. But, I don't blame them, it was early in their careers and a different time for Heavy Metal. Peace.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Debut From Your Favorite Bands   Least Favorite Debut From Your Favorite Bands Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 4:36 pm

metalmaniac122 wrote:
Pantera

I second that. Metal Magic was pure bollocks.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Debut From Your Favorite Bands   Least Favorite Debut From Your Favorite Bands Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 6:06 pm

Mglaffas81 wrote:
Follower of Jesus wrote:

I like it a lot. Least Favorite Debut From Your Favorite Bands 506406

I was never fond of the Scorpions first album.

As much as I love Saxon, I never got into their debut album like I did the rest of their catalog, although I do like it.

The first couple UFO albums were a bit weird as well.

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Debut From Your Favorite Bands   Least Favorite Debut From Your Favorite Bands Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 6:08 pm

This isn't a knock by any means, but Ultimatum's first album doesn't hold a candle to the others , IMO.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Debut From Your Favorite Bands   Least Favorite Debut From Your Favorite Bands Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 10:52 pm

I didn't care for Scorpions-Lonesome Crow I was really excited when I was kid because Michael Schenker plays on it, and I was disappointed

Deep Purple-Shades of Deep Purple-not what I was customed to by DP but it has grown on me over the years

Alice Cooper-Pretties for You- again not what I was customed to but it has also grown on me

David Bowie-s/t- too folky and very dated
Back to top Go down
ThrashedOutCobra33
Metal master
Metal master
ThrashedOutCobra33

Number of posts : 586

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Debut From Your Favorite Bands   Least Favorite Debut From Your Favorite Bands Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 11:00 pm

Megadeth's killing i just could not get into.. Shame really...
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Debut From Your Favorite Bands   Least Favorite Debut From Your Favorite Bands Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 11:02 pm

Well, compared with the rest of Priest's 70's output, Rocka Rolla. Just being honest. I don't dislike it, but it can't compete.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Debut From Your Favorite Bands   Least Favorite Debut From Your Favorite Bands Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 11:59 pm

FATES WARNING - Night on Brocken
HELSTAR - Burning Star
JUDAS PRIEST - Rocka Rolla
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Debut From Your Favorite Bands   Least Favorite Debut From Your Favorite Bands Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Least Favorite Debut From Your Favorite Bands
Page 1 of 1