Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Twisted Sister album

Go down 
+18
TheGooch
skullsmasher
manny
nevermore
Mglaffas81
the sentinel
kmorg
krokus
Thrasher73
mc666
James B.
Fat Freddy
sam
ultmetal
Troublezone
Todd Jaymz
Tall Tyrion
Chairman_Smith
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

New Twisted Sister album Empty
PostSubject: New Twisted Sister album   New Twisted Sister album Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 8:33 am

http://www.thetourbus.com/files/audio_details.php?id=161

About bloody time!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Twisted Sister album   New Twisted Sister album Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 8:37 am

Sounds good to me!
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: New Twisted Sister album   New Twisted Sister album Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 10:00 am

Awesome. I don't know if he'll ever get the show off the ground, but a new TS album will definitely be welcome.
Back to top Go down
Todd Jaymz
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Todd Jaymz

Number of posts : 324

PostSubject: Re: New Twisted Sister album   New Twisted Sister album Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 10:47 am

That would be cool! I know Dee spoke of doing a second Xmas album too, don't know much more than that-TJ
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: New Twisted Sister album   New Twisted Sister album Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 10:52 am

Thats weird... i thought Dee was sick of performing. Well anyways thats really cool.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Twisted Sister album   New Twisted Sister album Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 10:58 am

What about all those times he said "Nobody cares about a new album....that's why we wear all the old gear and play the old songs...give people nostalgia"?? Guess he changed his mind...
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: New Twisted Sister album   New Twisted Sister album Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 11:20 am

And I for one am glad that he did. 🤘

But IMO, Dee was right all along. No matter how good the new album is, when fans go to a TS show, I Wanna Rock and We're not Gonna Take It will always get the biggest response.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: New Twisted Sister album   New Twisted Sister album Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 11:53 am

Tall Tyrion wrote:
And I for one am glad that he did. 🤘

But IMO, Dee was right all along. No matter how good the new album is, when fans go to a TS show, I Wanna Rock and We're not Gonna Take It will always get the biggest response.

Love me some new Twisted Sister.

I also agree though. Nostalgia is hard to overcome in a band that's been around for as long as TS. Personally, I was a fan of the band early on, so the songs I long to hear are the very early stuff, like their cover of "It's only Rock and Roll". One of the most obnoxious covers ever!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: New Twisted Sister album   New Twisted Sister album Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 11:55 am

sweet
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: New Twisted Sister album   New Twisted Sister album Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 12:29 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Personally, I was a fan of the band early on, so the songs I long to hear are the very early stuff,

I would love to hear a bunch of stuff off of Under The Blade myself. 🤘

It's not like I'm ever going to see them, though. Sad
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: New Twisted Sister album   New Twisted Sister album Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 2:22 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Personally, I was a fan of the band early on, so the songs I long to hear are the very early stuff,

I would love to hear a bunch of stuff off of Under The Blade myself. 🤘

It's not like I'm ever going to see them, though. Sad

Why? You never know. I flew out to Arizona a couple years ago and Trog and I drove to see TS in Tuscon. It was a blast. We were right up fron.t People were throwing beer and soda towards the front of the stage. We were soaked by the end of the show. We didn't care. It was like 1984 all over again!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: New Twisted Sister album   New Twisted Sister album Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 6:31 pm

Ehhh I guess it could happen. I shouldn't say never.

That Tucson show sounds awesome! Trog saw them up in Minnesota a few yearsa back as well.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: New Twisted Sister album   New Twisted Sister album Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 9:35 pm

I apparently don't have the right plug-ins on my PC to be able to listen to the audio... Sad

But he sez TS will do a new album? It's not just gonna be "Twisted Christmas II," is it?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12630

PostSubject: Re: New Twisted Sister album   New Twisted Sister album Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 10:24 pm

I like the xmas cd

I saw TS one time in the 80s... opening slot with Krokus in the middle and Blackfoot headlining. A few years ago I saw the in Sturgis, really good show.

A new lp would be imteresting
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: New Twisted Sister album   New Twisted Sister album Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 11:10 pm

i was against that holiday music crap & the musical sounds like a stupid idea as well. it just sounds so ridiculous.

i would be interested in a original new TS metal record though. i'm not sure they can still pull it off. i'd certainly give it a listen.

Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: New Twisted Sister album   New Twisted Sister album Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 11:28 pm

Sounds good to me.Would love a new TS album
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: New Twisted Sister album   New Twisted Sister album Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 6:17 am

thrasher73 wrote:
Sounds good to me.Would love a new TS album

Me too if it doesnt sound modern or alternative.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: New Twisted Sister album   New Twisted Sister album Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 7:47 am

TS is playing in Lillehammer on Saturday, and I can't afford to go! Sad

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: New Twisted Sister album   New Twisted Sister album Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 9:41 am

I just hope it turns out good.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: New Twisted Sister album   New Twisted Sister album Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 1:50 pm

Count me in as interested. Smile
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

PostSubject: Re: New Twisted Sister album   New Twisted Sister album Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 5:12 pm

WOW - Is "Love is for Suckers", which was released in 1987, really the latest TS studio album, featuring all new tracks? ..oh my god..
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25889

PostSubject: Re: New Twisted Sister album   New Twisted Sister album Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 8:24 pm

I'd be intersted in a new TS album.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: New Twisted Sister album   New Twisted Sister album Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 1:33 pm

Twisted Sister releasing new album is good news, but it sounds like it is going to be new Christmas album, and I wished that these guys would record an album of new material that is non holiday album, I have heard the argument that nobody would be interested hearing new material from older bands, and but Twisted Sister can still deliver the goods on stage and I am sure they can come up with enough material for new studio album.
I really donot like the fact some of my favorite bands (KISS, Van Halen, The Police, Black Sabbath w/ Ozzy) have opted to be only touring nostalgia acts when I am sure they are all capable of making albums that would add to their legacy, twisted Sister sound better live today than they did during their hey day, so I hope they do record an album of new original material.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: New Twisted Sister album   New Twisted Sister album Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 9:11 pm

News I found, ULT will be happy to hear this news:

Twisted Sister is planning a 25th-anniversary re-release of its classic 1984 album "Stay Hungry" featuring bonus material, including one brand new song that the band is set to record later this month. "There's gonna be two discs — it's gonna be the original album remastered, and it's gonna have all the outtakes, including about 15 songs that we never finished; all two verses and a chorus," guitarist Jay Jay French revealed during an October 10th, 2008 appearance on our very own Eddie Trunk's "Friday Night Rocks" radio show on New York's Q104.3 FM. "In much the same way that everybody's throwing the kitchen sink in these historical records — we're gonna have that — plus we're gonna have a brand new song that we're recording in two weeks."

Back in 2004, Twisted Sister released "Still Hungry" — a re-recorded and expanded version of "Stay Hungry." "Still Hungry" — which was produced by Mark Mendoza, a longtime producer/engineer in addition to his bass guitar duties with Twisted Sister— gave the New York-based band a chance to make "Stay Hungry" the way it was first envisioned. "Stay Hungry" sold more than 6 million copies worldwide, but it didn't sound the way Twisted Sister wanted it to sound.

"'Still Hungry' is 'Stay Hungry - The Way It Ought to Be'," Jay Jay French stated at the time. "It has an ultra-heavy sound, which is the way we wanted 'Stay Hungry' in the first place. But at that time rock records had a thin, very midrange kind of sound and so 'Stay Hungry' was recorded very lightly. We battled Atlantic Records and producer Tom Werman about it, but we lost.

"These re-recordings are faithful to the original arrangements but they sound much heavier," he continued. "There are an additional seven tracks included — obscure songs from our club days but never officially recorded then. On two of these songs, 'Never Say Never' and 'Blastin' Fast & Loud', we used the original drum tracks that A.J. [Pero] recorded. These songs were meant to be included on 'Stay Hungry' but were never finished. 'Heroes Are Hard to Find' was on the soundtrack of Dee's [Snider's] movie 'Strangeland'."

Six of the seven bonus tracks on "Still Hungry" previously appeared, mostly in raw form, on archival Twisted Sister albums. Demos of "Come Back" and "Rock N Roll Saviors" were included on the 1999 Spitfire Records collection "Club Daze Volume I: The Studio Sessions". The completed 2001 studio recordings of "Never Say Never" and "Blastin' Fast & Loud" (with Pero's original 1984 drum tracks) kicked off 2001's Spitfire release "Club Daze Volume II: Live in the Bars", which also featured vintage live versions of "You Know I Cry", "Plastic Money" and "Come Back" (one of just a few songs to appear on both "Club Daze" volumes).

source: blabbermouth.net
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: New Twisted Sister album   New Twisted Sister album Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 9:49 pm

I was at a show for the Stay Hungry tour. I have to say it was a lot of fun. I would love to see them again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Twisted Sister album   New Twisted Sister album Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Twisted Sister album
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next