Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Live Barren Cross video in Blue & White costumes 1985

Go down 
+4
stepcousin
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
mr.electric39
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

Live Barren Cross video in Blue & White costumes 1985 Empty
PostSubject: Live Barren Cross video in Blue & White costumes 1985   Live Barren Cross video in Blue & White costumes 1985 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2007 2:55 pm

This is just fun to watch. the quality is fair but, if grew up with this check it out !!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydWkc5As8Ao

Live Going Nowhere.... wow..... Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Live Barren Cross video in Blue & White costumes 1985   Live Barren Cross video in Blue & White costumes 1985 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2007 7:04 pm

Wow! That's cool, and incedibly cheesy at the same time. Barren Cross
rule! Saw them in concert once. They sounded great. Had 'em sign a
couple of my CDs.

ult

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37652

PostSubject: Re: Live Barren Cross video in Blue & White costumes 1985   Live Barren Cross video in Blue & White costumes 1985 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2007 9:10 pm

Every time I see the cover of my old ROCK FOR THE KING cassette with those blue & white outfits I wonder if the band members look back on that and go "Man, what were we THINKING?" Smile

Great video clip of a great song, though. I gotta give BC credit, they're braver than I am, I would never want to be seen in public in those clothes. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Live Barren Cross video in Blue & White costumes 1985   Live Barren Cross video in Blue & White costumes 1985 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2007 9:17 pm

well even though they were a bit poser-esque, they were young and new and had yet to find their niche, as they got heavier, more talented and lost those lame outfits.

BC rocks!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Live Barren Cross video in Blue & White costumes 1985   Live Barren Cross video in Blue & White costumes 1985 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2007 5:52 am

Here is one more. This is an unreleased song!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yfNJE6X5BM&mode=related&search=

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Live Barren Cross video in Blue & White costumes 1985   Live Barren Cross video in Blue & White costumes 1985 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2007 1:08 pm

Long-lost Barren Cross material...now that's AWESOME!! 🤘 What a shame that the sound quality on the video clip is so bad...
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

PostSubject: Re: Live Barren Cross video in Blue & White costumes 1985   Live Barren Cross video in Blue & White costumes 1985 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2007 8:12 pm

I was hoping some of you all would enjoy it. I do find myself scanning YouTube looking for bootleg or rare vid stuff. Those costumes did look cheessssy... I remember thinking how cool 20 years ago.... yuck...

I saw 'em 4-5 times, never with those blue/white outfits. They were pretty good. Ray was not as good as disc.... but I always enjoyed seeing 'em.

I found some old Philadelphia & Sacred Warrior stuff also.... it's pretty good...
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Live Barren Cross video in Blue & White costumes 1985   Live Barren Cross video in Blue & White costumes 1985 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2007 8:48 pm

mr.electric39 wrote:
I was hoping some of you all would enjoy it. I do find myself scanning YouTube looking for bootleg or rare vid stuff. Those costumes did look cheessssy... I remember thinking how cool 20 years ago.... yuck...

I saw 'em 4-5 times, never with those blue/white outfits. They were pretty good. Ray was not as good as disc.... but I always enjoyed seeing 'em.

I found some old Philadelphia & Sacred Warrior stuff also.... it's pretty good...

Philadelphia - I remember them - I can't remember the name of the tape for the life of me (anyone remember?). I do remember it had a siren in the song - one of my friends got me with the siren. We had just TP'd a house (after church youth group) and he put on that song and I thought e were busted by the cops - got me good.

I only saw BC once, no white and blue outfits and without Mike Lee. I can't remember who was singing for them at the time, he was good, but no Mike Lee. It was better than replacing Bruce with Blaze.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

PostSubject: Re: Live Barren Cross video in Blue & White costumes 1985   Live Barren Cross video in Blue & White costumes 1985 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2007 9:46 pm

[quote="thejokeriv"]
mr.electric39 wrote:

Philadelphia - I remember them - I can't remember the name of the tape for the life of me (anyone remember?). I do remember it had a siren in the song - one of my friends got me with the siren. We had just TP'd a house (after church youth group) and he put on that song and I thought e were busted by the cops - got me good.

I only saw BC once, no white and blue outfits and without Mike Lee. I can't remember who was singing for them at the time, he was good, but no Mike Lee. It was better than replacing Bruce with Blaze.

Absolutely !! Smile The disc you're refering to is 'Search and Destroy'... the released a disc before it called 'Tell The Truth'..... 'search' was better
Smile
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: Live Barren Cross video in Blue & White costumes 1985   Live Barren Cross video in Blue & White costumes 1985 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2007 12:35 pm

stepcousin wrote:
well even though they were a bit poser-esque, they were young and new and had yet to find their niche, as they got heavier, more talented and lost those lame outfits.

BC rocks!

They were not poseresque, they were just 80's.

ack
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Live Barren Cross video in Blue & White costumes 1985   Live Barren Cross video in Blue & White costumes 1985 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2007 7:04 pm

That would be it! I remember that some of the "christians" I knew at the time thought the cover was evil and satanic - lol. They also thought that Stryper were in sin for having long hair and looked like "women"

Anybody remeber the name of the singer that replaced Mike Lee for a short term in Barren Cross?
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

PostSubject: Re: Live Barren Cross video in Blue & White costumes 1985   Live Barren Cross video in Blue & White costumes 1985 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2007 9:03 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

Anybody remeber the name of the singer that replaced Mike Lee for a short term in Barren Cross?

I can see his face. He was in a band called 'Full Armor' from Santa Cruz or Monterey... He toured with them .... first name of Vince I believe
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Live Barren Cross video in Blue & White costumes 1985   Live Barren Cross video in Blue & White costumes 1985 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2007 9:05 pm

mr.electric39 wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

I can see his face. He was in a band called 'Full Armor' from Santa Cruz or Monterey... He toured with them .... first name of Vince I believe

I think you're right - his name was Vince, but I don't remember his last name.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Live Barren Cross video in Blue & White costumes 1985   Live Barren Cross video in Blue & White costumes 1985 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2007 10:03 am

One Vince Venzola is mentioned from stage on the live album Hotter than hell...
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Live Barren Cross video in Blue & White costumes 1985   Live Barren Cross video in Blue & White costumes 1985 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2007 2:48 pm

Welcome, Haugtussen (wouldn't be from Norway would you?), and thanks for the info.

PostSubject: Re: Live Barren Cross video in Blue & White costumes 1985   Live Barren Cross video in Blue & White costumes 1985 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2007 11:00 am

Thanks for welcoming me, fellow citizen of the Kingdom of Norway!:king:
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Live Barren Cross video in Blue & White costumes 1985   Live Barren Cross video in Blue & White costumes 1985 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2007 11:15 am

Haugtussen wrote:
Thanks for welcoming me, fellow citizen of the Kingdom of Norway!:king:

Cool! I hope you stick around. You're the third member here from Norway!!!! Always cool to here from Norwegians that know their Christian metal!!

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

PostSubject: Re: Live Barren Cross video in Blue & White costumes 1985   Live Barren Cross video in Blue & White costumes 1985 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2007 4:59 pm

Haugtussen wrote:

Sorry but that's not the same person. In the liner notes of that album one 'Vince Mendoza guest guitars' is listed.

Vince the vocalist was called upon to do their last tour. The dates had been booked and Mike Lee called it a day. So to fill the slot Vince was given a try out and got the gig. The last show was at Cornerstone. It was to support 'State of Control'.

Live Barren Cross video in Blue & White costumes 1985 604261
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Live Barren Cross video in Blue & White costumes 1985   Live Barren Cross video in Blue & White costumes 1985 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 9:56 am

Quote :
Always cool to here from Norwegians that know their Christian metal!!

Obuiously this Norwegian doesn't🙇 :

Quote :
Sorry but that's not the same person. In the liner notes of that album one 'Vince Mendoza guest guitars' is listed.

Here are my bad excuses: Haven't been listening to it for a long time, I was very young at the time and my English skills were even worse than now, my copy is the vinyl with no liner notes, and finally: I just wanted to help:lol:

(I will never trust my memory again, but I think I remember this Vince Mendoza is introduced as an additional guitarist on the blues track "King Jesus & blues jam")
Back to top Go down
Waylon
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 305

PostSubject: Re: Live Barren Cross video in Blue & White costumes 1985   Live Barren Cross video in Blue & White costumes 1985 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 12:34 pm

AchrisK wrote:
stepcousin wrote:

BC rocks!

They were not poseresque, they were just 80's.

ack

EXACTLY!! I think a LOT of us (that were in our teens and twenties in the 80s) could look back at some pics of ourselves and say... "WHAT was I thinking??" 🤘

Waylon
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Live Barren Cross video in Blue & White costumes 1985   Live Barren Cross video in Blue & White costumes 1985 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 12:38 pm

mr.electric39 wrote:
Haugtussen wrote:

Vince the vocalist was called upon to do their last tour. The dates had been booked and Mike Lee called it a day. So to fill the slot Vince was given a try out and got the gig. The last show was at Cornerstone. It was to support 'State of Control'.

:halford:

That's right - I just don't remember his last name. I guess he's Vince the vocalist from now on.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

PostSubject: Re: Live Barren Cross video in Blue & White costumes 1985   Live Barren Cross video in Blue & White costumes 1985 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2007 11:12 pm

Haugtussen wrote:
Quote :
Always cool to here from Norwegians that know their Christian metal!!

(I will never trust my memory again, but I think I remember this Vince Mendoza is introduced as an additional guitarist on the blues track "King Jesus & blues jam")

lol! lol! lol!

don't sweat it at all..! I keep looking at some of the new bands everybody is into and I'm just going scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch Question

who??? Very Happy just want to keep it fun and get to hear some new stuff !
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Live Barren Cross video in Blue & White costumes 1985   Live Barren Cross video in Blue & White costumes 1985 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2007 12:53 pm

ARRRRGH!! I wish you guys had never brought up the mysterious "Vince the Vocalist," because now I'm going NUTS trying to remember that dude's name. I read an interview with either Jim LaVerde or Ray Parris on the Internet a few years ago where they told the entire B.C. history from beginning to end, and in it they DID mention the replacement singer's name (it was quite a surprise for me when I read about it, because until then I'd had no idea that BC ever tried to carry on without Mike Lee on vox), but of course now either the web site no longer exists or I simply can't find it... I've been Googling and Yahoo Searching "Barren Cross," "Barren Cross Interviews," "Barren Cross Biography," the names of all the Barren Cross members, and combinations of all of the above for the last couple of days but I keep coming up empty!
If I do discover this little trivia nugget I'll post it here of course, then maybe I can sleep at night!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Live Barren Cross video in Blue & White costumes 1985   Live Barren Cross video in Blue & White costumes 1985 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2007 2:03 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
ARRRRGH!! I wish you guys had never brought up the mysterious "Vince the Vocalist," because now I'm going NUTS trying to remember that dude's name. I read an interview with either Jim LaVerde or Ray Parris on the Internet a few years ago where they told the entire B.C. history from beginning to end, and in it they DID mention the replacement singer's name (it was quite a surprise for me when I read about it, because until then I'd had no idea that BC ever tried to carry on without Mike Lee on vox), but of course now either the web site no longer exists or I simply can't find it... I've been Googling and Yahoo Searching "Barren Cross," "Barren Cross Interviews," "Barren Cross Biography," the names of all the Barren Cross members, and combinations of all of the above for the last couple of days but I keep coming up empty!
If I do discover this little trivia nugget I'll post it here of course, then maybe I can sleep at night!!! Smile

I've been doing the same thing - and I met him (and the rest of the band) when they played at a tiny place in Fredricksburg, VA. They weren't wearing the blue spandex - lol. I've had no luck with google om Vince's last name.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Live Barren Cross video in Blue & White costumes 1985   Live Barren Cross video in Blue & White costumes 1985 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2007 2:47 pm

Looks like his last name is Van Volt according to one of his myspace pages:

http://www.myspace.com/fullarmorbarrencross
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Live Barren Cross video in Blue & White costumes 1985   Live Barren Cross video in Blue & White costumes 1985 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Live Barren Cross video in Blue & White costumes 1985
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next