Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dan Sptiz Christian Metal Project

Go down 
+6
arttieTHE1manparty
Stender
Temple of Blood
ultmetal
the sentinel
thejokeriv
10 posters
AuthorMessage
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Dan Sptiz Christian Metal Project Empty
PostSubject: Dan Sptiz Christian Metal Project   Dan Sptiz Christian Metal Project Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 6:01 pm

Former ANTHRAX guitarist Dan Spitz was one of the guest speakers at the Cornerstone Festival on July 5, 2008 in Bushnell, Illinois. (See photo below.)

Cornerstone is one of the most popular Christian music festivals in the United States.

Commented Spitz: "I had such a blast at Cornerstone. The warm reception and gracious people that helped our family feel at home amongst so many in attendance (around 100,000) goes beyond our expectations of hospitality.

"This was the event I chose to announce what had been so secretly quiet since my departure from ANTHRAX. The new music and the people who have been quietly recording on my creations were announced. Those in attendance got to see me speak both on the main stage, as well as a wonderful question-and-answer press conference during the day hours. I felt such a warming embrace to those who were there to listen to what God has placed upon my heart to achieve. Creating this new kind of music brought me both closer to Christ, as well as closer to so many aspects of music creation. I do feel (as I did in the past) that I have created an entirely new sound never heard by the human ear before.

"Of course, the biggest part of the music announcement people seem to want to know more about is my singing. Yes, I am singing on all the new music and those who have heard it are just loving it so very much. I worked so hard at perfecting my voice for this music. Who better to relay the message set forth within me than me? I actually really like singing and can't wait to hit the stages doing so.

"Some close friends, and of course, record company executives there at Cornerstone, were amongst the first to be blown away by what is to come to the Christian heavy metal genre. My brother Peter Baltes, from the legendary band ACCEPT (who has tracked all the bass on the project) stood alongside me at the festival as well. Matt Thompson from the band KING DIAMOND did some drum overdubs and will be my touring drummer, but was not available to attend.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Dan Sptiz Christian Metal Project   Dan Sptiz Christian Metal Project Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 6:08 pm

That's really cool. Thanks for the info, thejokeriv. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Dan Sptiz Christian Metal Project   Dan Sptiz Christian Metal Project Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 7:08 pm

Interesting. Look forward to hearing it.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Dan Sptiz Christian Metal Project   Dan Sptiz Christian Metal Project Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 8:29 pm

Matt's good but I was kindof hoping Nicko would do the drums.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dan Sptiz Christian Metal Project   Dan Sptiz Christian Metal Project Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 9:06 pm

Has anyone heard any of this? Style? Comparisons?
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Dan Sptiz Christian Metal Project   Dan Sptiz Christian Metal Project Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 9:26 pm

Thats freaken rad!!!! whats the band name and is it thrash?
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: Dan Sptiz Christian Metal Project   Dan Sptiz Christian Metal Project Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 10:30 pm

Very cool! Anxious to hear it!

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Dan Sptiz Christian Metal Project   Dan Sptiz Christian Metal Project Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 10:44 pm

Stender wrote:
i doubt it. i remember him going on about what a huge Korn fan he is.

DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Dan Sptiz Christian Metal Project   Dan Sptiz Christian Metal Project Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 10:55 pm

mc666 wrote:
Stender wrote:

I dunno MC, hes got some good people backing him on it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Dan Sptiz Christian Metal Project   Dan Sptiz Christian Metal Project Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 11:46 pm

I doubt it'll be old school thrash either. It might be better than recent ANTHRAX though.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Dan Sptiz Christian Metal Project   Dan Sptiz Christian Metal Project Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 1:13 am

DeathCult wrote:
mc666 wrote:
Stender wrote:

I dunno MC, hes got some good people backing him on it.
yeah, that does indeed give some hope. however, i'm still going to be a touch pessimistic when it comes to Dan Spitz. just to be on the safe side.

PostSubject: Re: Dan Sptiz Christian Metal Project   Dan Sptiz Christian Metal Project Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 6:32 am

mc666 wrote:

yeah, that does indeed give some hope. however, i'm still going to be a touch pessimistic when it comes to Dan Spitz. just to be on the safe side.

His diminutive size makes me naturally suspect of him as well.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Dan Sptiz Christian Metal Project   Dan Sptiz Christian Metal Project Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 9:05 am

spectrefate wrote:
mc666 wrote:

His diminutive size makes me naturally suspect of him as well.
it's more the lazy eye thing, i think

nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25905

PostSubject: Re: Dan Sptiz Christian Metal Project   Dan Sptiz Christian Metal Project Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 1:54 pm

Sounds interesting. I'm skeptical of it but I do hope that this will turn out well.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Dan Sptiz Christian Metal Project   Dan Sptiz Christian Metal Project Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 5:01 pm

Whatever happend to 70X7?

PostSubject: Re: Dan Sptiz Christian Metal Project   Dan Sptiz Christian Metal Project Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dan Sptiz Christian Metal Project
Page 1 of 1