Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Attention Wii Users!

Go down 
+4
Tall Tyrion
EvyMetal
Rex
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Attention Wii Users! Empty
PostSubject: Attention Wii Users!   Attention Wii Users! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 10:00 am

Will I ever be able to find a copy of Mario Kart Wii?

It's the best game out there and I am slightly addicted after borrowing my brother-in-law's copy last week.

ust a shot in the dark, but anyone have any ideas where I may be able to find a copy?
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Attention Wii Users!   Attention Wii Users! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 10:54 am

http://www.amazon.com/Mario-Kart-Wii-Wheel/dp/B000XJNTNS
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Attention Wii Users!   Attention Wii Users! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 10:34 pm

If you ever find it, give me your friend ID and we'll duke it, KART STYLE!
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Attention Wii Users!   Attention Wii Users! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 11:57 pm

Just stretch out with your feelings, Luke.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention Wii Users!   Attention Wii Users! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 7:03 am

EvyMetal wrote:

I will mop the floor with you, my friend!
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Attention Wii Users!   Attention Wii Users! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 4:52 pm

I'm the one who's owned the game since the release
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention Wii Users!   Attention Wii Users! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 4:55 pm

None of you pansies play madden, so who cares?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention Wii Users!   Attention Wii Users! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 6:42 pm

OMG...You can't find a copy? Where are you living?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention Wii Users!   Attention Wii Users! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 6:47 pm

I live in Florida. It is not in the stores here or in Tampa.

There are copies online, but I won't pay double the price for it. That's just robbery.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention Wii Users!   Attention Wii Users! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 6:48 pm

DenimAndLeather wrote:
None of you pansies play madden, so who cares?

Do they have that for Wii? I had it on Playstation II and it was pretty awesome.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention Wii Users!   Attention Wii Users! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 6:49 pm

EvyMetal wrote:
I'm the one who's owned the game since the release

I don't care, Evy. I would still own your ass at the game, and I mean that in the least merry way possible. Smile
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39605

PostSubject: Re: Attention Wii Users!   Attention Wii Users! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 12:05 pm

Great game ! We got ours at Wal-Mart,I believe. As for Madden, I haven't played that since about 2000 or so. I wouldn't mnind getting the newest one this year
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention Wii Users!   Attention Wii Users! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 4:37 pm

EvyMetal wrote:

I finally got this game. Once I find my friend ID I'll give it to you Evy, and we'll be on!
Back to top Go down
UltraMagnus007
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
UltraMagnus007

Number of posts : 282

PostSubject: Re: Attention Wii Users!   Attention Wii Users! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 4:51 pm

What a complete waste of space the Wii console is. All you dumb asses have been totally conned by Nintendo. You've all bought another gamecube with a different controller.

The Xbox 360 is where it really is for true next gen gaming amazing graphics and sound and a list of games available that is truely the best line up on any system ever, and this is coming from someone who has owned (still does a lot of them) and played every major games machine since the days of the zx specrum.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention Wii Users!   Attention Wii Users! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 4:58 pm

This dumbass is very happy with the Wii. Gaming isn't my thing. However, mad props on being a gaming expert, that looks great on a resume.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Attention Wii Users!   Attention Wii Users! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 5:00 pm

It's interesting all the XBOXers start by mentioning their 'great graphics and sound' firstly and most importantly in every single defense of the system. Soon I'll be able to go to the movies and come back and say I just played a great game, and nobody will know the difference. sign sign
Back to top Go down
UltraMagnus007
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
UltraMagnus007

PostSubject: Re: Attention Wii Users!   Attention Wii Users! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 5:20 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
It's interesting all the XBOXers start by mentioning their 'great graphics and sound' firstly and most importantly in every single defense of the system. Soon I'll be able to go to the movies and come back and say I just played a great game, and nobody will know the difference. sign sign

I'll tell you why we mention the great graphics and sound the xbox has is because (in a whispered tone...) this is what makes games great. Everyone will agree that the gameplay at the heart of game is what people enjoy and keeps them playing. If you look at what are widely regarded as the best games in existence, Grand theft auto series, the teken series, the metal gear solid series, the resident evil games, gears of war etc, etc. Yes I know some of these are sony games but none of these games would be possible if companies didn't focus on improving technology. If games makers only ever concentrated on gameplay and nothing else then games would not have progressed since the 8 bit home computer games in the eighties and while these were good in the day anyone into retro gaming will say that these games just aren't as fun today. Improved graphic and sound have enabled new levels of gameplay and interactivity with games.

I'll end by saying that the Wii is a bit of a laugh for casual gaming and with a few mates and some beers but if it is so inovative then why ar most of the games on the Wii just xbox or playstation ports. How many truely original games taking advantage of the new control system are there, and by new games I don't mean the countless update of mario kart 1000 or mario tennis the next step, or even mario galaxy. Nintendo have been churning the same old games with minor updates for years and now have suceeded in conning people into buying the same console twice and marketing it as revolutionary.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Attention Wii Users!   Attention Wii Users! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 5:29 pm

We should all trade Wii codes or whatever it's called. I have Smash Bros., who wants to fight ?!

I hope to get Mario Kart in the next few months. Hopefully Nintendo will start to use the online play a lot more in their games.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Attention Wii Users!   Attention Wii Users! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 5:35 pm

UltraMagnus007 wrote:

I'll end by saying that the Wii is a bit of a laugh for casual gaming and with a few mates and some beers but if it is so inovative then why ar most of the games on the Wii just xbox or playstation ports. How many truely original games taking advantage of the new control system are there, and by new games I don't mean the countless update of mario kart 1000 or mario tennis the next step, or even mario galaxy. Nintendo have been churning the same old games with minor updates for years and now have suceeded in conning people into buying the same console twice and marketing it as revolutionary.

At least the Nintendo Wii works. Razz

I don't mind Nintendo focusing on gameplay/family play more than graphics. I wanted a Wii more than any next gen system. But so far, they haven't really backed up their philosophy of great playing games outside of the usual Nintendo brand suspects and they're totally wasting the machine's online capabilities outside of the Virtual Console.

I only have 10 Wii games because there isn't much out there that's good. Most of it is garbage $10$20 cash-ins and Nintendo needs to put a lock down on those too. This fall and next year look better for games though.

I've read in Game Informer that the lack of quality 3rd party games comes from the developers being shy to work with Wii's controller. Hopefully, all these companies will stop being nansy pansies and get to work.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Attention Wii Users!   Attention Wii Users! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 5:43 pm

I can't be bothered to get in to a long and drawn out defensive argument about the Wii (I personally like all 3 of the current gen consoles, but I felt the Wii was more in line with my tastes) but I think dismissing the Wii as a "Gamecube with a different controller" is a rather ignorant approach to it. Whilst Sony and Microsoft did their bit for the progression of gaming with stronger graphical power and what not, Nintendo tried something different and have proved highly successful with a rather innovative control scheme. It's not a "con", it's a console that has a wider appeal than the other two in general and hence why it has been selling by the truckload, unlike the PS3 which is making a loss at the moment. As I said, I think all three current systems are great, each has a different appeal, I just think you're being too brash with your judgement UltraMagnus. But suit yourself, I'm sure I won't be able to win you over.

I picked up Smash Bros a little bit ago, it's fantastic. My friend code is 1161-1267-4985 for anyone up for a game of Brawl!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Attention Wii Users!   Attention Wii Users! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 5:47 pm

Quote :
If you look at what are widely regarded as the
best games in existence, Grand theft auto series, the teken series, the
metal gear solid series, the resident evil games, gears of war etc,
etc.

Uh, you must mean 'the best games in existence since the PS started taking over everything'..oh and don't forget the obligitory Final Fantasy reference. Attention Wii Users! 19976 What about the best games in existence that have already existed for some time? Are they suddenly horrible, especially with a lot of them ALSO having some of the best graphics *of the time*? The Metroid series. Vectorman. Tetris for God's sake. Virtua Fighter? See, we're so obsessed with this consume and throw away mentality these days that all this other shiny stuff is all we care about, and if it doesn't happen to fit in with the rest of the shiny stuff even if it's new, then it must be garbage.

Games are going to go down the tubes the more commercial they get. Right now, people are excited about a form of Dance Dance Revolution that replaces the dance pad with a plastic guitar, and uses copyrighted borrowed media for the entirety of the enjoyment factor. Wow, amazing. Before that, we were all freaking out over something that contains all it's reply value in allowing you to impersonate Scarface and get away with it. Groundbreaking. Most of the newer Metal Gear Solid games are about 60% video - but the rest of the time, you get to sneak and occasionally fight. Man, that's exciting. Those sound like they are for the 'mature' gamer with heaps of skill level and intelligence.

Razz
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Attention Wii Users!   Attention Wii Users! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 5:54 pm

Smindas wrote:

I picked up Smash Bros a little bit ago, it's fantastic. My friend code is 1161-1267-4985 for anyone up for a game of Brawl!

I'll add you this evening. I usually don't game much (though I have tons of games I need to beat). We'll have to set something up sometime.

I suck at fighting games though. I haven't even played it since the first few weeks it came out and that was on the mission mode with my fiancee.
Back to top Go down
UltraMagnus007
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
UltraMagnus007

PostSubject: Re: Attention Wii Users!   Attention Wii Users! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 6:39 am

Smindas wrote:
I can't be bothered to get in to a long and drawn out defensive argument about the Wii (I personally like all 3 of the current gen consoles, but I felt the Wii was more in line with my tastes) but I think dismissing the Wii as a "Gamecube with a different controller" is a rather ignorant approach to it. Whilst Sony and Microsoft did their bit for the progression of gaming with stronger graphical power and what not, Nintendo tried something different and have proved highly successful with a rather innovative control scheme. It's not a "con", it's a console that has a wider appeal than the other two in general and hence why it has been selling by the truckload, unlike the PS3 which is making a loss at the moment. As I said, I think all three current systems are great, each has a different appeal, I just think you're being too brash with your judgement UltraMagnus. But suit yourself, I'm sure I won't be able to win you over.

Exactly how is my statement that the Wii is nothing more than a Gamecube with a fancy controller ignorant? I think you'll find their is hardly any diference in processing power, sound and graphical capabilities to the Gamecube, this is FACT. Nintendo has marketed this console to the casual gamer. Why do you think they are the only ones making money on the sale of the console when both sony and microsoft lose money on their console harware and make most money on game sales, especially when the Wii is so cheap. It's because they are recycling their hardware thats why. Most Wii owners I know own about 5 games at most. Serious gamers who buy lots of games do not want to play Zelda or Mario for 3 hours waving their arm around like an idiot.

I hate the fact that nintendo have released a crap recycled console and people are buying it.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Attention Wii Users!   Attention Wii Users! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 10:45 am

First off, it's generally agreed the Wii is around 1.5 - 2 times as powerful as the Gamecube. Whilst, yes, it is the 'weakest' of the current systems, it is still far beyond the capabilities of the Gamecube and to regard it as anything less than that is folly. At no point have I said Nintendo haven't marketed the Wii to the casual gamer - in fact, I implied that was one of the reason's the console's doing so well, as it appeals to a wider audience. There is nothing wrong with this and you need to get over your elitist gamer mind set. It's not a "con", as I stated before, I'm pretty confident people are smart enough to know what console they'd want. People must be buying it for a reason, even if it is technically an advanced extension of the Gamecube, processing wise. You barely referenced my argument with your reply and instead just launched in to another tirade of Wii bashing. I do not wish to continue this further because as I said before, I have no chance of reasoning with someone like you. You're like that guy who argued Metallica sold out with 'Fade To Black'.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
UltraMagnus007

PostSubject: Re: Attention Wii Users!   Attention Wii Users! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 6:00 pm

Smindas wrote:
First off, it's generally agreed the Wii is around 1.5 - 2 times as powerful as the Gamecube. Whilst, yes, it is the 'weakest' of the current systems, it is still far beyond the capabilities of the Gamecube and to regard it as anything less than that is folly. At no point have I said Nintendo haven't marketed the Wii to the casual gamer - in fact, I implied that was one of the reason's the console's doing so well, as it appeals to a wider audience. There is nothing wrong with this and you need to get over your elitist gamer mind set. It's not a "con", as I stated before, I'm pretty confident people are smart enough to know what console they'd want. People must be buying it for a reason, even if it is technically an advanced extension of the Gamecube, processing wise. You barely referenced my argument with your reply and instead just launched in to another tirade of Wii bashing. I do not wish to continue this further because as I said before, I have no chance of reasoning with someone like you. You're like that guy who argued Metallica sold out with 'Fade To Black'.

Yes, my argument is mainly made up of Wii bashing as I think you can tell I don't like the Wii. As a console it has a certain place in the market and I think you'll find if you read my previous posts I did mention some merits the console has but they are few. As for wether you respond to this or not I don't care. I don't enter/start debates to be reasoned with. I have my opinions and will argue them. I'm not looking to come to a peaceful solution as you like the Wii I don't, simple. To throw your toys out of the pram and stamp your feet to the tune of well I don't wish to continue this is quite frankly childish.

Now, back to debate. Your comments about "it is generally regarded the Wii is 1.5 to 2 times the power of the gamecube", where are your facts and figures to back this up, or is just playground talk. Take a look at the link I have added which compares the 2 consoles and shows that the Wii is just about as powerful as the original Xbox. All the Wii games I have seen and played look very last gen.

Now before the old gameplay vs graphics debate rears up read one of my previous posts where I said that if consoles were stuck in the dark ages and never improved on graphics and sound then some of the best loved games franchise's such as Resident Evil, GTA, Tekken, etc would never have been made and they are amongst the best loved games of all time.

As a huge gaming fan I still have a large collection of old gaming consoles which are still used such as the Sega master system, Megadrive and super nintendo. When new consoles are released today I expect a big leap in technology other wise why should I buy them, I have all my old games consoles if I want to play less powerful game. Nintendo could have released a much more powerful console and still had the control method they have chosen. Yes it would have been slightly more expensive but the Wii was £180 new anyway so another £50 would not have hurt sales that much.

http://wii.qj.net/Nintendo-Wii-GameCube-1-5-Close-but-no-cigar/pg/49/aid/91920
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Attention Wii Users!   Attention Wii Users! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Attention Wii Users!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: