Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CDs in random places

Go down 
+13
Metal Misfit
sam
Stender
Trial by Fire
DeathCult
mc666
skullsmasher
Thrasher73
the sentinel
Tall Tyrion
nevermore
scottmitchell74
metalheaded
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

CDs in random places Empty
PostSubject: CDs in random places   CDs in random places Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 3:19 am

Well, in the course of 2 months, I've found 6 CDs in totally random places. Def Leppards "Songs from the sparke lounge" I found in a dumpster behind a Sizzler (don't ask why I was looking there). Ultimatum's "Symphonic extremeties" I found in a basket in the middle of the street. I found Priest's "Turbo" buried in some dirt near my house (it still works though). In a barrel lying in a ditch, I found Accept's "Metal heart", Yes' "Magnification", and Weird Al Yankovic's "Straight outta lynwood".

I just wonder how they all got there, and what idiot would throw away perfectly good CDs?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CDs in random places   CDs in random places Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 3:22 am

Dang, you're lucky.
Back to top Go down
metalheaded
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
metalheaded

Number of posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: CDs in random places   CDs in random places Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 9:23 am

Uh, yeah, I'd say those are strange places to find 'em!

The only example I can think of for me would be a cassette tape of Sepultura's Arise album, which I found on the beach in Texas with no case or anything. Still worked fine, though, and was my first introduction to this band....and I was very pleased with that introduction!
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: CDs in random places   CDs in random places Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 9:28 am

Quote :
Well, in the course of 2 months, I've found 6 CDs in totally random places. Def Leppards "Songs from the sparke lounge" I found in a dumpster behind a Sizzler (don't ask why I was looking there). Ultimatum's "Symphonic extremeties" I found in a basket in the middle of the street. I found Priest's "Turbo" buried in some dirt near my house (it still works though). In a barrel lying in a ditch, I found Accept's "Metal heart", Yes' "Magnification", and Weird Al Yankovic's "Straight outta lynwood".

I just wonder how they all got there, and what idiot would throw away perfectly good CDs?

Sounds like some morbid somnambulism on your part!
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25871

PostSubject: Re: CDs in random places   CDs in random places Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 9:35 am

I've never found cds like that. But I haven't looked in the dumpster or out in the dirt for discs either.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: CDs in random places   CDs in random places Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 9:47 am

I need to start dumpster diving! I once got some videos and DVDs that way, but it was from the dumpster of the video store. Most of them were messed up as well, so it's easy to see how they ended up there.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: CDs in random places   CDs in random places Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 10:14 am

That is awesome! 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CDs in random places   CDs in random places Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 10:17 am

I found some lint in my butthole in the shower last night.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: CDs in random places   CDs in random places Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 10:27 am

spectrefate wrote:

Thanks for the info.
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: CDs in random places   CDs in random places Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 10:29 am

I found a copy of Rob Zombie's Hellbilly Deluxe in a box of old computer equipment at work a couple years ago.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CDs in random places   CDs in random places Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 10:33 am

skullsmasher wrote:
I found a copy of Rob Zombie's Hellbilly Deluxe in a box of old computer equipment at work a couple years ago.

I would have just left it there. Smile
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: CDs in random places   CDs in random places Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 10:34 am

This from the guy picking lint out of his butthole? Smile
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: CDs in random places   CDs in random places Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 11:36 am

spectrefate wrote:
i was wondering where i left my lint

DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: CDs in random places   CDs in random places Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 11:38 am

mc666 wrote:
spectrefate wrote:
i was wondering where i left my lint

Get a room.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: CDs in random places   CDs in random places Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 11:58 am

I found Metallica's And Justice For All under a bed at my Dad's house in Manitoba a couple of years ago. It was a year before I got into Metallica, though. I gave it a listen, but wasn't quite ready for that sound yet.
Back to top Go down
Trial by Fire
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Trial by Fire

Number of posts : 271

PostSubject: Re: CDs in random places   CDs in random places Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 5:02 pm

I found a cassette of Exodus - Good Friendly Violent Fun in the pocket of a leather jacket I bought at a used clothing store. In the other pocket was a half pack of the oldest and dryest cigarettes I have ever seen in my life. It works pretty well on one side with a few weird skips here and there, but gets all twisted and tangled up in the machine in one spot on the other side.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: CDs in random places   CDs in random places Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 5:57 pm

Schbopo wrote:

Is the Symphonic extremities the orginal press?

you can tell because it will have a little red advertising strip on the front in the bottom right hand corner or its dated 1997 on the back.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CDs in random places   CDs in random places Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 6:14 pm

Schbopo wrote:

scratch

And how do you end up in all these random places?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CDs in random places   CDs in random places Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 6:16 pm

spectrefate wrote:
In your butthole? How odd. My lint seems to gather at the top of my crack. It's sort of like fuzzy people waiting to take a luge down a chute.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CDs in random places   CDs in random places Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 7:47 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Schbopo wrote:

scratch

And how do you end up in all these random places?

Well, the basket and barrel were just out of curiosity. The dirt thing, I was just digging a hole, looking for anything cool. The dumpster thing I'm not at liberty to tell you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CDs in random places   CDs in random places Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 7:57 pm

Schbopo wrote:
The dirt thing, I was just digging a hole, looking for anything cool.

Don't worry. We ALL do that.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: CDs in random places   CDs in random places Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 8:32 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Schbopo wrote:
The dirt thing, I was just digging a hole, looking for anything cool.

Don't worry. We ALL do that.

i've been doing that for years, and well thats awsome, I hope i can get that lucky
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: CDs in random places   CDs in random places Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 10:27 pm

Where the heck are you living that people keep throwing away rock & roll ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CDs in random places   CDs in random places Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 11:51 pm

Who the hell digs random holes?
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: CDs in random places   CDs in random places Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 12:28 am

Eyesore wrote:
Who the hell digs random holes?
dogs

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CDs in random places   CDs in random places Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CDs in random places
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next