Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Suggestions for christian thrash

Go down 
+7
SideShowDisaSter
Required Fields
ultmetal
kmorg
Tall Tyrion
Temple of Blood
Stender
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Suggestions for christian thrash Empty
PostSubject: Suggestions for christian thrash   Suggestions for christian thrash Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 1:03 am

Hello I am new to this board but I was suggested to come here to hear about some good christian metal and more importantly thrash. So is there anyone you might suggest? I love bonded by blood and municipal waste and I was wondering if there are any christian bands in that vein primarily. But if there is anyone else I might want to take a listen to I would love to hear about them.

Bands I know of
deliverance
ultimatum
living sacrifice
believer
sacrament
temple of blood
Vengeance Rising
Tourniquet
Caged
Valor
Bloodgood
Saint
Golgotha
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for christian thrash   Suggestions for christian thrash Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 1:12 am

I love coaching people on Christian thrash, I havent spent much time listening to municipal waste or bonded by blood much so I dont know on christian sound a likes.

I would recomend.....

Seventh angel
The Crucified
Minier
Betrayel
Vengeance Rising
Mortification
Detritus
Eternal Decision
Oil
Pyramaze
The Moshketeers
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for christian thrash   Suggestions for christian thrash Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 1:13 am

I think you mentioned all the good ones including some that don't play thrash at all.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for christian thrash   Suggestions for christian thrash Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 1:19 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
I think you mentioned all the good ones including some that don't play thrash at all.

yeah, saint and bloodgood dont play thrash bro.

Since Temple of blood isnt going to say it, I would also recomend his band by the same name.

also I forgot.....

My silent wake
Jesus Freaks
Viking
Devastation
Possesion
Bloody Cross
Saint spirit
Burnt phase
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for christian thrash   Suggestions for christian thrash Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 1:54 am

Stender wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

Black Snake from Bloodgood is pretty thrashy, but yeah overall...

There are some names here I'm not familiar with at all.... Cool
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for christian thrash   Suggestions for christian thrash Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 5:31 am

Consecrator
Pale Horse
Thresher

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for christian thrash   Suggestions for christian thrash Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 10:25 am

Once Dead
www.myspace.com/oncedeadband

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for christian thrash   Suggestions for christian thrash Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 11:44 am

Ashen Mortality. Moving into a doomy sound but still pretty thrashy.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28454

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for christian thrash   Suggestions for christian thrash Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 1:48 pm

Stender wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

Since Temple of blood isnt going to say it, I would also recomend his band by the same name.

also I forgot.....

My silent wake
Jesus Freaks
Viking
Devastation
Possesion
Bloody Cross
Saint spirit
Burnt phase

Viking aren't Christian. Two guys in the band became Christians halfway through their career, though.

Devastation are not a Christian band, yet have songs with lyrics that can be interpreted as Christian.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for christian thrash   Suggestions for christian thrash Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 2:52 pm

Required Fields wrote:
Stender wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

also I forgot.....

My silent wake
Jesus Freaks
Viking
Devastation
Possesion
Bloody Cross
Saint spirit
Burnt phase

Viking aren't Christian. Two guys in the band became Christians halfway through their career, though.

Devastation are not a Christian band, yet have songs with lyrics that can be interpreted as Christian.

To my understanding, I thought rob and that other guy switched some of the lyrics around to have more of a message pointing to jesus on "man of straw".
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4602

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for christian thrash   Suggestions for christian thrash Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 3:08 pm

Quote :
Burnt phase

You mean Burnt Fase? Not sure if they are Christian or not, truth to tell. The CD doesn't have any of the lyrics printed inside the booklet.

True, some of the lyrics for Man Of Straw were changed to be more "christian friendly", but I don't think you could say they were really a Christian band. More like a band with some Christian members.

Devastation were definitely not Christian, though they did have some lyrics that could be construed as "christian friendly". I need to email Rodney some time (if the address I have is still good) and ask him about it. Could be that some of the members were or are now Christians.

Can't believe no one has mentioned the first Teramaze album. Doxology was total progressive, semi-technical thrash.

The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for christian thrash   Suggestions for christian thrash Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 3:15 pm

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
Quote :
Burnt phase

You mean Burnt Fase? Not sure if they are Christian or not, truth to tell. The CD doesn't have any of the lyrics printed inside the booklet.

True, some of the lyrics for Man Of Straw were changed to be more "christian friendly", but I don't think you could say they were really a Christian band. More like a band with some Christian members.

Devastation were definitely not Christian, though they did have some lyrics that could be construed as "christian friendly". I need to email Rodney some time (if the address I have is still good) and ask him about it. Could be that some of the members were or are now Christians.

Can't believe no one has mentioned the first Teramaze album. Doxology was total progressive, semi-technical thrash.

Thats awesome that you have those kind of contacts. I keep getting that burnt fase name wrong. lol! I think you have corrected me before.

Do you remember where you got that one?

Havnt heard teramaze yet.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for christian thrash   Suggestions for christian thrash Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 3:22 pm

Some seller on eBay. Paid $15 I think. It was a couple months back, if I remember right.

I've had contact with a few members in different bands. I emailed back and forth a bit with Mac (guitarist) from Vulture, Rodney from Devastation, Frank Sarcia from Terrahsphere, Darius Sarbandi (vocals & bass) from Tenebra, one of the guys from Anshar (can't remember his name right now), and a few others.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for christian thrash   Suggestions for christian thrash Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 5:01 pm

While not expressly Christian, I would also recommend
DEVASTATION
REALM

Both these bands have some Christian based lyrics, although neither of them are Christian bands.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28454

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for christian thrash   Suggestions for christian thrash Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 9:34 pm

Stender wrote:
Required Fields wrote:
Stender wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

also I forgot.....

My silent wake
Jesus Freaks
Viking
Devastation
Possesion
Bloody Cross
Saint spirit
Burnt phase

To my understanding, I thought rob and that other guy switched some of the lyrics around to have more of a message pointing to jesus on "man of straw".

Only one song had a "God" message on Man of Straw ("The Trial"). There was one line changed in "They Raped the Land", although the lyrics before and after have pretty much the same meaning. Also, one verse in "Creative Divorce" was changed, which changed the meaning/story of the song altogether, although the lyrics before and after are still pretty close.

Many songs on the album still have dark themes/subject matter.

And I think you mean Ron (as in Ron Daniel, or as he was known then, Ron Eriksen), not Rob.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for christian thrash   Suggestions for christian thrash Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 8:48 am

Eternal Decision
Jesus Freaks
Teramaze
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for christian thrash   Suggestions for christian thrash Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 2:33 pm

Do you guys even read the threads you post in? lol!

Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for christian thrash   Suggestions for christian thrash Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 2:42 pm

kmorg wrote:

Wheres the fun in that?! Smile
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for christian thrash   Suggestions for christian thrash Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 2:49 pm

Antithesis
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for christian thrash   Suggestions for christian thrash Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 6:07 pm

kmorg wrote:

Move along party-pooper! Here we are having fun and you come along raining on our parade. angry

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for christian thrash   Suggestions for christian thrash Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 8:09 pm

yeah I already mentioned temple of blood and vengeance. I have always considered bloodgood sort of speed metal....e at least crucify is totaly speed metal. Yeah my bad on saying saint.

Mortification=death metal not my thing (at least from what I've heard from them)

The Crucified ain't thrash no matter how you spin it, maybe crossover maybe.

But I would describe municipal waste as crossover that leans closer to thrash then it does to punk.

thats them right there very awesome even though the song is called unleash the bastards.

thats bonded by blood the quality isn't the greatest but what can you expect with something not for a dvd or at a place like the wiskey. Both very high quality bands I'm just looking for the same sort of music with a more positive message.

But thank you for some of your suggestions I'll be sure to check those bands out
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for christian thrash   Suggestions for christian thrash Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 11:01 pm

Metalhead10 wrote:
yeah I already mentioned temple of blood and vengeance. I have always considered bloodgood sort of speed metal....e at least crucify is totaly speed metal. Yeah my bad on saying saint.

Mortification=death metal not my thing (at least from what I've heard from them)

The Crucified ain't thrash no matter how you spin it, maybe crossover maybe.

But I would describe municipal waste as crossover that leans closer to thrash then it does to punk.

thats them right there very awesome even though the song is called unleash the bastards.

thats bonded by blood the quality isn't the greatest but what can you expect with something not for a dvd or at a place like the wiskey. Both very high quality bands I'm just looking for the same sort of music with a more positive message.

But thank you for some of your suggestions I'll be sure to check those bands out

Okay, if you listen past the first three Mort albums you'll find that the ENTIRE rest of their catalog is thrash. thats like 5 or 6 albums! Its not the best christian thrash because their deal was definately death but its worth checking.

Your right the Crucified is crossover, but crossover that is way more thrash then punk, I thought you would probably like it because of that.

I guess I have heard municipal waste before I have the album with the dude with gas mask and like a smoking barrel on the cover, cant remember the name right now.
Back to top Go down
metalheaded
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
metalheaded

Number of posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for christian thrash   Suggestions for christian thrash Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 11:28 pm

Quote :

Well, I can't speak for the other members, but Edward Vasquez (bass) is a Christian now, and a pretty good friend of mine. He's told me some news about Devastation reforming and playing a European festival this summer, but he won't be involved, since he just isn't really into playing anymore. They did indeed have some lyrics that could be interpreted as Christian, or at least leaning towards it. All clean lyrics, for sure.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for christian thrash   Suggestions for christian thrash Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 7:42 pm

yeah thats either waste 'em all or toxic mutation, and I do listen to the crucified.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for christian thrash   Suggestions for christian thrash Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 11:05 pm

Welcome to the board MetalHead10....

Glad to see you here!

but aren't you also a big fan of Metallica(old stuff) and Megadeth?...
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for christian thrash   Suggestions for christian thrash Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for christian thrash
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next