Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rip and Destroy!!

Go down 
+7
the sentinel
Tall Tyrion
thejokeriv
stepcousin
ultmetal
DeathCult
Fat Freddy
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

Rip and Destroy!! Empty
PostSubject: Rip and Destroy!!   Rip and Destroy!! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 9:18 pm

Rip, rip -- Rip and Destroy!!
You know the hour's getting laaaaate!
Rip, rip -- Rip and Destroy!!
Tear it down and seal your faaaaaate!!

🤘

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

Rip and Destroy!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rip and Destroy!!   Rip and Destroy!! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 9:26 pm

Rip and destroy...sounds like what you may do in the bathroom after those tacos.

Terrible movie, but I love it anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
DeathCult
DeathCult

Rip and Destroy!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rip and Destroy!!   Rip and Destroy!! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 9:30 pm

Consequently, I wonder if thats where Tarantino got the glowing suitcase idea from Laughing
Back to top Go down

Rip and Destroy!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rip and Destroy!!   Rip and Destroy!! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 10:13 pm

lol gotta watch it tonight! Very Happy Seing this fight between KISS and those kind of hairy robots is great.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Rip and Destroy!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rip and Destroy!!   Rip and Destroy!! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 10:14 pm

"KISS Meets the Phantom" is still the best bad rock-n-roll movie ever made. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

Rip and Destroy!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rip and Destroy!!   Rip and Destroy!! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 10:15 pm

It's so funny to watch. Can we say even more then Spinal Tap?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Rip and Destroy!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rip and Destroy!!   Rip and Destroy!! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 10:16 pm

AceFrehley655 wrote:

The difference is, Spinal Tap is funny ON PURPOSE... KISS Meets the Phantom is unintentionally funny.

Back to top Go down

Rip and Destroy!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rip and Destroy!!   Rip and Destroy!! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 10:17 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
AceFrehley655 wrote:

The difference is, Spinal Tap is funny ON PURPOSE... KISS Meets the Phantom is unintentionally funny.

Yeah,I agree.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Rip and Destroy!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rip and Destroy!!   Rip and Destroy!! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 10:55 pm

I love the 70's! 🤘

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

Rip and Destroy!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rip and Destroy!!   Rip and Destroy!! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 7:22 am

man, I remember seeing that on t.v. the night it made it's debut. Hey, I was 12 and thought it was the coolest thing ever. Looking back, maybe it wasnt but I dont think it deserved the almost 30 years of slamming it has recieved. Yes, it couldve been a whole lot better but hey, it was 1979 man.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Rip and Destroy!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rip and Destroy!!   Rip and Destroy!! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 10:54 am

I personally would love to hear KISS bust into "Rip and Destroy" during a live show someday. That would be funny as hell. 🤘

Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Rip and Destroy!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rip and Destroy!!   Rip and Destroy!! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 10:57 am

stepcousin wrote:
man, I remember seeing that on t.v. the night it made it's debut. Hey, I was 12 and thought it was the coolest thing ever. Looking back, maybe it wasnt but I dont think it deserved the almost 30 years of slamming it has recieved. Yes, it couldve been a whole lot better but hey, it was 1979 man.

Exactly. I saw it one TV too. My parents refused to watch it with me, so I had to watch it on the crappy TV in my room. I didn't care. It was KISS and that's all that mattered! 🤘

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Rip and Destroy!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rip and Destroy!!   Rip and Destroy!! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 1:17 pm

ultmetal wrote:
stepcousin wrote:

Exactly. I saw it one TV too. My parents refused to watch it with me, so I had to watch it on the crappy TV in my room. I didn't care. It was KISS and that's all that mattered! 🤘

Me three - I remember the day it aired well! We had just moved to Monterey, CA - my dad was at Naval Post Graduate School and we where in temp housing on the near by army base.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

Rip and Destroy!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rip and Destroy!!   Rip and Destroy!! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 5:38 pm

DeathCult wrote:
Consequently, I wonder if thats where Tarantino got the glowing suitcase idea from Laughing

It was actually borrowed from a Robert Altman movie from the 50's. Can't recall the title, but it was a good film.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

Rip and Destroy!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rip and Destroy!!   Rip and Destroy!! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 5:46 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:
DeathCult wrote:

It was actually borrowed from a Robert Altman movie from the 50's. Can't recall the title, but it was a good film.

Yeah, I believe they touch on that in the Pulp Facts documentary. Neat to know.

But we all know where the idea REALLY came from Rip and Destroy!! 505193
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Rip and Destroy!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rip and Destroy!!   Rip and Destroy!! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 7:55 pm

DeathCult wrote:
Rip and destroy...sounds like what you may do in the bathroom after those tacos.

That is exactly what I was going to say. Wow. Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Rip and Destroy!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rip and Destroy!!   Rip and Destroy!! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 7:58 pm

Oh, man. What a memory. Very Happy

http://www.stomptokyo.com/badmoviereport/reviews/K/kissmeets.html
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Rip and Destroy!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rip and Destroy!!   Rip and Destroy!! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 8:08 pm

Ace's thick New Yawk accent is cool.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Rip and Destroy!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rip and Destroy!!   Rip and Destroy!! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 9:12 pm

troublezone wrote:
Ace's thick New Yawk accent is cool.

Ace has all the best lines in the movie too.

"Insufficient data at this time, Star-Child... ACK!"

"Leave it to me, Star-Child... I'll bend these bars with my mind!"

"They all lose their heads over you, Paul!"

Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down

Rip and Destroy!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rip and Destroy!!   Rip and Destroy!! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 10:33 pm

Ace is so funny!
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

Rip and Destroy!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rip and Destroy!!   Rip and Destroy!! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 12:01 pm

DeathCult wrote:

amazingly funny. never did undestand what a taco was though. some weird american tea. i am having sheperds pie for my dinner a proper british dish
Back to top Go down

Rip and Destroy!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rip and Destroy!!   Rip and Destroy!! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 10:57 pm

Are you saying British people don't eat tacos? What's wrong with you guys?
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

Rip and Destroy!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rip and Destroy!!   Rip and Destroy!! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 8:37 am

TheGooch wrote:
DeathCult wrote:

amazingly funny. never did undestand what a taco was though. some weird american tea. i am having sheperds pie for my dinner a proper british dish

Taco's are spanish. Ground beef seasoned with various other condiments of your choosing rolled in a tortilla.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Rip and Destroy!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rip and Destroy!!   Rip and Destroy!! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 1:26 pm

DeathCult wrote:

Taco's are spanish. Ground beef seasoned with various other condiments of your choosing rolled in a tortilla.

Technically I think they're Mexican, not Spanish. Although they do speak Spanish in Mexico, the cuisines are not very similar.

Back to top Go down

Rip and Destroy!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rip and Destroy!!   Rip and Destroy!! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 1:17 am

I almost crapped my pants when I saw this for the first time last October after picking up KISSology Vol 2. It's so ridiculous, yet, because it's KISS, I love it! They have an unbreakable hold on their fans.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rip and Destroy!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rip and Destroy!!   Rip and Destroy!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rip and Destroy!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next