Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Domine (Italian Powermetal)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

Domine (Italian Powermetal) Empty
PostSubject: Domine (Italian Powermetal)   Domine (Italian Powermetal) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 10:40 am

Anyone dig this band?

I was listening to Stormbringer Ruler on the way to work (it had been a while) and was really impressed.

They are powermetal, but with a more Epic feel. Instead of insane scale runs they seem to hammer the keys for atmosphere and creepiness. Lots of extended key chords. The vocalist has a unique voice. I like their arrangements and, of course, their wildly cheesy lyrics.

http://www.dominetruemetal.com/index.html
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37652

PostSubject: Re: Domine (Italian Powermetal)   Domine (Italian Powermetal) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 10:43 am

I had this band's DRAGONLORD (1999) album a few years back but eventually traded it off. It had its moments but the Cheez Factor was rather high on that album as I recall.

I knew I was in for it during the opening track, with the movie-styled intro: "A storm is coming. OUR storm. And when it comes, it will shake the universe!"

(Cue orchestra, leading into speedy guitar riff and then high pitched no-testicle scream from vocalist!)

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Domine (Italian Powermetal)   Domine (Italian Powermetal) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 10:44 am

I have Dragonlord and find it boring.

scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Domine (Italian Powermetal)   Domine (Italian Powermetal) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 9:42 am

Bastages!! angry

Quote :
Cheez Factor

I'm Captian of the Cheese Barg and our cargo is cheese and cheese accessories only, so naturally I love this band.

Any band that sings "I summon the Sand Worm" is cool in my book!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Domine (Italian Powermetal)   Domine (Italian Powermetal) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 9:44 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Bastages!! angry

Quote :
Cheez Factor

I'm Captian of the Cheese Barg and our cargo is cheese and cheese accessories only, so naturally I love this band.

Any band that sings "I summon the Sand Worm" is cool in my book!

"Cheez Factor" would be an excellent name for a band. Laughing

But seriously, Domine were just OK for me. Not a keeper. They were kinda like a lower-rent version of Rhapsody (who I'm not crazy about either -- talk about CHEEZ, those boys are the kings!!).

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Domine (Italian Powermetal)   Domine (Italian Powermetal) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 9:47 am

They are similar to Rhapsody. I like their keys a little more, actually. They are more epic where Rhapsody was more folky (in my estimation).

When listening to Domine I'm fully aware of their narrow appeal. Somehow, how they put it all together works for me. Kind of like Sacred Steel who seem to be love or hate band.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Domine (Italian Powermetal)   Domine (Italian Powermetal) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 9:48 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
They are similar to Rhapsody. I like their keys a little more, actually. They are more epic where Rhapsody was more folky (in my estimation).

I actually liked Luca Turilli (Rhapsody guitarist)'s solo album KING OF THE NORDIC TWILIGHT better than anything I heard from his main band, which is kinda weird, I guess, cuz it basically sounded like just another Rhapsody album with a different singer.

Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Domine (Italian Powermetal)   Domine (Italian Powermetal) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 10:10 am

Quote :
I actually liked Luca Turilli (Rhapsody
guitarist)'s solo album KING OF THE NORDIC TWILIGHT better than
anything I heard from his main band, which is kinda weird, I guess, cuz
it basically sounded like just another Rhapsody album with a different
singer.

Might have to make that a "want", then!!
Back to top Go down
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

PostSubject: Re: Domine (Italian Powermetal)   Domine (Italian Powermetal) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 10:28 am

I like that video from their homepage. I think that I should listen to more stuff of them. Sounds good for me.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Domine (Italian Powermetal)   Domine (Italian Powermetal) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 1:26 pm

I would say start with Stormbringer Ruler. I have that and Dragonlord and SR is much better (although Dragonlord has its moments).
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Domine (Italian Powermetal)   Domine (Italian Powermetal) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 1:35 pm

I like all of Luca's solo stuff better than Rhapsody. I also like his female-fronted goth project Dreamquest.

PostSubject: Re: Domine (Italian Powermetal)   Domine (Italian Powermetal) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 6:37 pm

I love all the Domine albums, especially the last one 'Ancient Spirit Rising', they are a little bit rougher around the edges than most Euro power metal, but thats what makes them sound more metal to these ears.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Domine (Italian Powermetal)   Domine (Italian Powermetal) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 6:39 pm

There it is! 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Domine (Italian Powermetal)   Domine (Italian Powermetal) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 4:29 pm

I like Domine pretty much! My favourite is always Dragonlord, but their last album is still good! They are one of finest Italians Power band with Labyrinth and Rhapsody
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Domine (Italian Powermetal)   Domine (Italian Powermetal) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Domine (Italian Powermetal)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: