Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Diamond Head - One of the greatest bands, ever

Go down 
+9
DeathCult
ThrashedOutCobra33
Troublezone
TrogDawn
A Handful of Wayne
Invader
krokus
Temple of Blood
Muloc7253
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Muloc7253
Metal student
Metal student
Muloc7253

Number of posts : 246

Diamond Head - One of the greatest bands, ever Empty
PostSubject: Diamond Head - One of the greatest bands, ever   Diamond Head - One of the greatest bands, ever Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 1:35 pm

Why has it took me so long to pick up something by them. Got their 'Best of' a few weeks and I've not stopped playing it. 'Am I Evil', 'Call Me', 'Shoot Out the Lights', 'Makin Music', 'Ishmael', 'To the Devil His Due', 'In the Heat of the Night', 'Borrowed Time', 'Sucking on My Love'...just full of timeless classics. What an amazing band, the songwriting is incredible! The guitarwork is incredible! The vocals are incredible! The atmosphere is incredible!

Anyone else fans of this band? I wanna pick up their studio albums but apparently the remastered mix is really weak (except on this compilation) so I'm gonna hunt down their vinyls I think.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Head - One of the greatest bands, ever   Diamond Head - One of the greatest bands, ever Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 1:38 pm

Good stuff!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Head - One of the greatest bands, ever   Diamond Head - One of the greatest bands, ever Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 1:47 pm

One of my favorites Inglish bands... Very underrated band, "Lighting To The Nations" is simply a masterpiece!
"Borrowed Time" is still very good, but in "Canterbury" and "Death And Progress" there are only few songs that i like...

Their last "Whats In your Head" even without Harris is still good in my opinion, as a fan I really liked it! Wink

Last edited by JerryOnly on Fri May 16, 2008 2:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Head - One of the greatest bands, ever   Diamond Head - One of the greatest bands, ever Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 2:03 pm

Great band. Love specialy their first two albums and their live album(ITS ELECTRIC) released on dvd and cd two years ago.
Back to top Go down
Invader
Metal master
Metal master
Invader

Number of posts : 590

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Head - One of the greatest bands, ever   Diamond Head - One of the greatest bands, ever Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 3:40 pm

Good band. "Lightning To The Nations" is one of my favorite albums.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Head - One of the greatest bands, ever   Diamond Head - One of the greatest bands, ever Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 5:32 pm

Yea their pretty good. never heard of them until Metallica did their song Helpless but since then Ive been hooked and tried to get their albums any time I could. I just picked up Borrowed Time and Canterberry on limited edition cd put out by metal mind. They sound awesome to me. Im a little confused though because I have a cd of theirs called Am I evil? and I think its a compilation or something but the versions of the songs on that album are different from the ones on their actual albums so they must have rerecorded them. Its taking me a while to get used to the way they actually sound but still great stuff! I ordered Lightening to the Nations as well the other day so I should be getting that one in the mail soon. Now I just need to get the last 2 albums for a reasonable price.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Head - One of the greatest bands, ever   Diamond Head - One of the greatest bands, ever Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 6:52 pm

DH is in my Top 10 all time favorite bands, and Brian Tatler (gtr) and Sean Harris (vox) are also high up on my list as favorites for their respective instruments. They are also an unbeatable songwriting team.

Borrowed Time is my favorite album of theirs and the one that first turned me on to them:

Diamond Head - One of the greatest bands, ever S12510

I also love their early singles and The White Album (aka Lightning to the Nations). A good sampling of all of that stuff was included on the Metal Blade comp Behold the Beginning.

And I already loved them prior to the METALLICA-induced notoriety they received. Diamond Head - One of the greatest bands, ever 309780

Last edited by TrogDawn on Fri May 16, 2008 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Head - One of the greatest bands, ever   Diamond Head - One of the greatest bands, ever Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 7:30 pm

Tatler is a riff master like Iommi.
Back to top Go down
Muloc7253
Metal student
Metal student
Muloc7253

Number of posts : 246

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Head - One of the greatest bands, ever   Diamond Head - One of the greatest bands, ever Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 9:04 am

I honestly knew of their work before I knew that Metallica covered their stuff - the only Metallica cover I'd heard at that point was 'Whiskey in the Jar'. I don't think they do 'Its Electric' justice, really.

However, Metallica's first few demos are pretty much straight Diamond Head worship, too bad they stick to the more rock and rollish vibed songs rather than the darker, more serious feeling songs.
Back to top Go down
ThrashedOutCobra33
Metal master
Metal master
ThrashedOutCobra33

Number of posts : 586

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Head - One of the greatest bands, ever   Diamond Head - One of the greatest bands, ever Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 7:39 pm

I love this band I heard them about a year ago and loved their Lightning to The Nations
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Head - One of the greatest bands, ever   Diamond Head - One of the greatest bands, ever Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 12:01 am

Indeed they are.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Head - One of the greatest bands, ever   Diamond Head - One of the greatest bands, ever Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 10:04 pm

They're new CD is just awesome beyond belief.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Head - One of the greatest bands, ever   Diamond Head - One of the greatest bands, ever Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 10:25 pm

The only DH album I have is the BEHOLD THE BEGINNING CD that Metal Blade put out in the late 80s/early 90s, which I believe is made up of most of the tracks from LIGHTNING TO THE NATIONS plus a few songs from assorted singles. Haven't listened to it in a while but it's a decent disc. Now that y'all have me thinkin about it I'll probably give that one another spin sometime soon.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Head - One of the greatest bands, ever   Diamond Head - One of the greatest bands, ever Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 11:25 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
The only DH album I have is the BEHOLD THE BEGINNING CD that Metal Blade put out in the late 80s/early 90s, which I believe is made up of most of the tracks from LIGHTNING TO THE NATIONS plus a few songs from assorted singles. Haven't listened to it in a while but it's a decent disc. Now that y'all have me thinkin about it I'll probably give that one another spin sometime soon.

That's the one I have too. Good stuff. I listen to that one fairly regularly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Head - One of the greatest bands, ever   Diamond Head - One of the greatest bands, ever Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 12:59 pm

Tatler is a great guitar player but I had a hard time getting into Harris voice so I only have a greatest hits. Sucking My Love is one of the best of all time though.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Head - One of the greatest bands, ever   Diamond Head - One of the greatest bands, ever Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 5:17 pm

just got lightning to the nations and i must say i am enjoying it very much
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Head - One of the greatest bands, ever   Diamond Head - One of the greatest bands, ever Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 7:02 pm

Lightning To The Nations is a heavy metal classic that every selfrespecting metal fan should own. Who can go wrong with brilliant epics like Sucking My Love? Laughing

But jokes aside, their first album is a classic. Don't know any of the other stuff though.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Head - One of the greatest bands, ever   Diamond Head - One of the greatest bands, ever Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 2:16 am

the version i have seems to sound radically different to other versions i have heard. i mean the recording quality
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Head - One of the greatest bands, ever   Diamond Head - One of the greatest bands, ever Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Diamond Head - One of the greatest bands, ever
Page 1 of 1