Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sober vs. Wasted

Go down 
+6
kmorg
Stender
GrandNational
Tall Tyrion
mc666
Troublezone
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Sober vs. Wasted Empty
PostSubject: Sober vs. Wasted   Sober vs. Wasted Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 12:25 am

Why does it seem like the vocals were better on the old records when the guys were drunk? Master of Puppets and Peace Sells seem so much better sounding than their later stuff sobered up.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Sober vs. Wasted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sober vs. Wasted   Sober vs. Wasted Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 12:26 am

not sure if the drink had much to do with it. they were alot younger back then.

Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

Sober vs. Wasted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sober vs. Wasted   Sober vs. Wasted Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 12:57 am

Naaaa.... it was the booze.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

Sober vs. Wasted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sober vs. Wasted   Sober vs. Wasted Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 1:33 am

I think it had mostly to do with lack of ego, food, and money. Plus, they didn't work with hot-shot producers or record labels asking them for more mainstream material. And yes, some booze and young rage helped.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Sober vs. Wasted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sober vs. Wasted   Sober vs. Wasted Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 1:37 am

yeah, I'm pretty sure if anything, the booze and weed were working against..........Gacked out records are fun to listen to though.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Sober vs. Wasted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sober vs. Wasted   Sober vs. Wasted Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 5:35 am

Tall Tyrion wrote:

So you can sing then, TT?

Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

Sober vs. Wasted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sober vs. Wasted   Sober vs. Wasted Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 6:00 am

I think it is because they where much younger. The voice changes when somebody gets older.

... but if it was the booze, that would explain why Lemmy still sounds good... lol!
Back to top Go down

Sober vs. Wasted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sober vs. Wasted   Sober vs. Wasted Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 6:05 am

GrandNational wrote:
I think it had mostly to do with lack of ego, food, and money. Plus, they didn't work with hot-shot producers or record labels asking them for more mainstream material. And yes, some booze and young rage helped.

That, plus its no wonder young bands tend to work better as units: the members are single or just "dating" a partner, most dont have kids or much of a life outside of the band. Thus, younger bands tend to be more unified I guess, and with that comes a shared vision of the band's direction.
Back to top Go down
Muloc7253
Metal student
Metal student
Muloc7253

Number of posts : 246

Sober vs. Wasted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sober vs. Wasted   Sober vs. Wasted Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 8:43 am

If you're talking about the weaker vocals of Hetfield and Mustaine during their 90s albums, it's less to do with the booze and more to do with them turning it a bunch of pussies.
Back to top Go down

Sober vs. Wasted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sober vs. Wasted   Sober vs. Wasted Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 8:53 am

Mustaine is not a kitten.

Last edited by SoldierUnderCommand on Sat May 10, 2008 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

Sober vs. Wasted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sober vs. Wasted   Sober vs. Wasted Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 10:51 am

kmorg wrote:
Tall Tyrion wrote:

So you can sing then, TT?

Like a nightingale..... just don't record it and play it back for me the next morning. lol!
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

Sober vs. Wasted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sober vs. Wasted   Sober vs. Wasted Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 11:10 am

Muloc7253 wrote:
If you're talking about the weaker vocals of Hetfield and Mustaine during their 90s albums, it's less to do with the booze and more to do with them turning it a bunch of pussies.

you're an ignorant little teen, eh?
Back to top Go down

Sober vs. Wasted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sober vs. Wasted   Sober vs. Wasted Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 3:13 pm

I don't know about singing, but I control the pit much better than I did 3 years ago! I rarely hit the ground any more!
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Sober vs. Wasted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sober vs. Wasted   Sober vs. Wasted Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 5:50 pm

GrandNational wrote:

I agree 100 percent. I have always maintained the belief that a bands first few albums are their best because they are literally young and hungry and have a lot of desire and passion.
Back to top Go down

Sober vs. Wasted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sober vs. Wasted   Sober vs. Wasted Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 7:58 pm

Haha. No junk no soul. To be honest I dont think it affects you that much...its the day after when your throat is dried out like a prune that you sound a little weak.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sober vs. Wasted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sober vs. Wasted   Sober vs. Wasted Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sober vs. Wasted
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: