Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Grand Theft Auto IV

Go down 
+3
TheGooch
MetalRob331
Required Fields
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28454

Grand Theft Auto IV Empty
PostSubject: Grand Theft Auto IV   Grand Theft Auto IV Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 6:59 pm

What do the gamers here think of it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto IV   Grand Theft Auto IV Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 2:41 am

i bought it and took it back the next day, figured im moving soon and the xbox 360 is staying here. I heard friends say its too good...
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto IV   Grand Theft Auto IV Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 8:07 am

i so want it but i have no waying a playing it
Back to top Go down
UltraMagnus007
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
UltraMagnus007

Number of posts : 282

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto IV   Grand Theft Auto IV Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 1:28 pm

This game is ace. I've been playing it quite a bit and really getting into it. This current generation of games consoles finally has the power to really do justice to a game of this type. There is so much to do and so much happening that it really creates the feeling that you are playing in a living breathing city.

The only problem is that there is so much to do that the game will take forever to see and do everything. Just doing the story missions and nothing else will take even the quickest and most hardened gamer 20-25 hours. I've clocked just over 12 hours of game time and I've done about have of the story missions (94 story missions in total).
Back to top Go down
Mortuary
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Mortuary

Number of posts : 498

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto IV   Grand Theft Auto IV Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 1:38 pm

I think the first one is my favorite.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto IV   Grand Theft Auto IV Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 10:09 pm

Did anyone hear what Jack Thompson (the anti-video game attorney) did before the game came out?

He wrote a nasty letter to Rockstar Games (the company that releases the GTA series) boss's mother!
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto IV   Grand Theft Auto IV Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 3:52 am

I'm thinking the GTA games are getting pretty old.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto IV   Grand Theft Auto IV Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 11:16 am

One store-chain in Norway refuse to sell it, because of the violence.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Mortuary

Number of posts : 498

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto IV   Grand Theft Auto IV Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 11:37 am

lame
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto IV   Grand Theft Auto IV Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 9:58 am

i played it for the first time yesterday at my friends house and i loved it
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto IV   Grand Theft Auto IV Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 10:48 pm

Mortuary wrote:
lame

I agree; one thing I find hypocritical is that Wal-Mart has no problems selling brutally violent movies, yet refuse to sell albums with "explicit lyrics". Some people have strange standards...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto IV   Grand Theft Auto IV Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 3:52 pm

Haven't had a go at this yet, and it will probably be some time later this year before I change the computer (this poor thing is slow), But she can still run Hitman, Damn it there's nothing like shooting some poor bastard of an english man in the back of the head with a sniper rifle. Right I'm off to cleanse the British Isles.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto IV   Grand Theft Auto IV Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 5:39 pm

Is is true it's comin' out on Wii??
Back to top Go down
UltraMagnus007
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
UltraMagnus007

Number of posts : 282

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto IV   Grand Theft Auto IV Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 8:40 pm

EvyMetal wrote:
Is is true it's comin' out on Wii??

I've not heard this and to be honest I don't think the Wii has got the power to run a game like this. Nintendo has gone for what they call inovation with the Wii and not power, hence the Wii is only slightly more powerful than a gamecube. GTA IV has so much going on in the game that I just don't think it will be possible unless it is really scaled down and then what would be the point, might as well dust off an old PS2 and play one of the older GTA games.

Don't wanna start Wii bashing but I hear a lot of people asking wether Xbox 360 or PS3 games will come out on the Wii. Few will but the top games like Gears of War, GTA, Metal gear Solid, call of duty 4 etc will never come to the Wii, it's just not powerful enough. Wii is for casual gamers.

GTA IV has over 40 hours of gamplay + endless online options. Could you really wave the Wii contoller in the air for 40 hours trying to complete missions in a game like GTA?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto IV   Grand Theft Auto IV Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grand Theft Auto IV
Page 1 of 1