Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Laaz Rockit/Left For Dead!

Go down 
+6
Thrasher73
ultmetal
Mordor
mc666
Troublezone
Todd Jaymz
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Todd Jaymz
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Todd Jaymz

Number of posts : 324

Laaz Rockit/Left For Dead! Empty
PostSubject: Laaz Rockit/Left For Dead!   Laaz Rockit/Left For Dead! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 7:27 pm

Just finished listening to the new Laaz Rockit/Left For Dead cd. Wow.....excellent, nice to see these guys back in action!-TJ
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Laaz Rockit/Left For Dead!   Laaz Rockit/Left For Dead! Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 8:53 pm

I heard the two new songs they have up on their myspace and it kicks azz! Probably the best thing from the bay area right now besides Testament. I'm not really into the latest Death Angel and Exodus stuff.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Laaz Rockit/Left For Dead!   Laaz Rockit/Left For Dead! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 3:19 am

I'm going to see these guys for the first time this sunday. I'm really digging their new stuff, very abrasive and heavy thrash metal. 🤘

Check out the song My Euphoria.

http://www.myspace.com/thelaazrockit
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Laaz Rockit/Left For Dead!   Laaz Rockit/Left For Dead! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 3:31 am

a pretty big disappointment, much like the last Death Angel. pass the Testament & Exodus.

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Laaz Rockit/Left For Dead!   Laaz Rockit/Left For Dead! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 3:34 am

mc666 wrote:
a pretty big disappointment, much like the last Death Angel. pass the Testament & Exodus.

Have you cleaned out your ears lately? Razz
Back to top Go down
Mordor
Metal student
Metal student
Mordor

Number of posts : 123

PostSubject: Re: Laaz Rockit/Left For Dead!   Laaz Rockit/Left For Dead! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 5:18 am

Yeah I didn't like it either. I wish he would just sing clean instead of shouting sick
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofmetal.dk
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Laaz Rockit/Left For Dead!   Laaz Rockit/Left For Dead! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 9:02 am

mc666 wrote:

I've read a lot of bad reviews. What didn't you like about it mc?

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Laaz Rockit/Left For Dead!   Laaz Rockit/Left For Dead! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 11:18 am

i've listened to it 3 times now & it always sounds so forced. there's absolutely zero energy to the thing. i wish i could explain it better than that, but that's all i get.

Todd Jaymz
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Todd Jaymz

Number of posts : 324

PostSubject: Re: Laaz Rockit/Left For Dead!   Laaz Rockit/Left For Dead! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 7:44 pm

Still sounds great to me, great crue of guys too-TJ
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Laaz Rockit/Left For Dead!   Laaz Rockit/Left For Dead! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 7:51 pm

Mordor wrote:
Yeah I didn't like it either. I wish he would just sing clean instead of shouting sick

You aren't familiar with this band? The singer has always had that raspy shout voice like a thrash version of Brian Johnson. I don't know... the production sounds good the songs sound good...
Back to top Go down
Mordor
Metal student
Metal student
Mordor

Number of posts : 123

PostSubject: Re: Laaz Rockit/Left For Dead!   Laaz Rockit/Left For Dead! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 7:21 am

I actually must eat my words on this. After giving it a good few listens this thing does kick ass. The only Lazz album I have is ANNIHILATION PRINCIPLE which I think is a good album and he doesn't shout Smile.

But yeah give this new album a chance 🤘
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofmetal.dk

PostSubject: Re: Laaz Rockit/Left For Dead!   Laaz Rockit/Left For Dead! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 12:17 pm

Just got this promo...kick ass stuff!!!!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Laaz Rockit/Left For Dead!   Laaz Rockit/Left For Dead! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 1:07 pm

This one I still havent picked up.So many CDs
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Laaz Rockit/Left For Dead!   Laaz Rockit/Left For Dead! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 3:08 pm

Don't sound bad, but I kind of agree the vocals sound forced. The music is good though. Not the best thing in the Bay Area, but its good to see them release something new.

They kicked ass when they came here to Vegas with Testament.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Laaz Rockit/Left For Dead!   Laaz Rockit/Left For Dead! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 3:39 pm

I didn't think the vocals sounded forced...what did he sing like before?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Laaz Rockit/Left For Dead!   Laaz Rockit/Left For Dead! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 8:47 pm

Got it today. I freakin love it. Forced? Hmmm....That's how Michael Coons has always sounded like. He doesn't sound forced to me.

Bring on the Know Your Enemy and Annihilation Principle reissues next week!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Laaz Rockit/Left For Dead!   Laaz Rockit/Left For Dead! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 8:49 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Got it today. I freakin love it. Forced? Hmmm....That's how Michael Coons has always sounded like. He doesn't sound forced to me.

Bring on the Know Your Enemy and Annihilation Principle reissues next week!

Good to see someone else liked it too. I saw them late last year and it was a good show.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Laaz Rockit/Left For Dead!   Laaz Rockit/Left For Dead! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 10:14 pm

I like it as well.Just spinning it today matter of fact.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: Laaz Rockit/Left For Dead!   Laaz Rockit/Left For Dead! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 9:09 am

I'm not familiar with this band. Now, i need to check them out. Any particular album to recommand?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Laaz Rockit/Left For Dead!   Laaz Rockit/Left For Dead! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 9:15 am

Gilbert wrote:
I'm not familiar with this band. Now, i need to check them out. Any particular album to recommand?

Know Your Enemy.

PostSubject: Re: Laaz Rockit/Left For Dead!   Laaz Rockit/Left For Dead! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 9:47 am

ultmetal wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

Know Your Enemy.

Backed!
Back to top Go down
chucksteak
Metal student
Metal student
chucksteak

Number of posts : 133

PostSubject: Re: Laaz Rockit/Left For Dead!   Laaz Rockit/Left For Dead! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 1:19 pm

I never really got into this band until a couple of years ago. I guess back in the day the name just turned me off I figured they were glam. Then I saw them on one of those Hard n Heavy videos and kinda liked the song but never sought anything out by them.

Then when I got online and met a lot of people raving about them I finally got around to buying most of their stuff. I even have a few bootlegs of them and I like everything I have of them.

I haven't heard any of the new one though. I just have been so broke the past year with all the surgeries and missed work my wife and I have had. So I am quite behind in anything new. angry
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Laaz Rockit/Left For Dead!   Laaz Rockit/Left For Dead! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 1:21 pm

Quote :
I guess back in the day the name just turned me off I figured they were glam.

That's the same mistake most people make.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Laaz Rockit/Left For Dead!   Laaz Rockit/Left For Dead! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 1:28 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Quote :

That's the same mistake most people make.

Good thing they remedied that problem when they changed their name to "Gack" in the 90's. Smile
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: Laaz Rockit/Left For Dead!   Laaz Rockit/Left For Dead! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 1:30 pm

Quote :

Their second album (NO STRANGER TO DANGER) is kinda glammy from what little I remember of it. L.R. were a little confused as to their direction on the first couple of records. The debut (CITY'S GONNA BURN) was kinda straight-up traditional metal, kinda Metal Church sounding. It wasn't till the third album that they started goin' all thrashy and stuck with that.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Laaz Rockit/Left For Dead!   Laaz Rockit/Left For Dead! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Laaz Rockit/Left For Dead!
Page 1 of 1