Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Six Feet Deep

Go down 
+4
MetalRob331
ultmetal
mc666
Troublezone
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

Six Feet Deep Empty
PostSubject: Six Feet Deep   Six Feet Deep Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 12:26 pm

This was one of the better hardcore bands i liked with a slight Biohazard/Pantera groove. Any other fans?

Six Feet Deep SixfeetroadSix Feet Deep 10388
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Six Feet Deep Empty
PostSubject: Re: Six Feet Deep   Six Feet Deep Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 12:53 pm

they were ok for that particular style.

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Six Feet Deep Empty
PostSubject: Re: Six Feet Deep   Six Feet Deep Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 1:38 pm

I liked them ok. Sort of a mixture of thrash and hardcore, but not metalcore. (At least, not as we know metalcore now.)

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Six Feet Deep Empty
PostSubject: Re: Six Feet Deep   Six Feet Deep Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 2:20 pm

I remember seeing this band on the cd shelf right before Six Feet Under and was thinking wow lets hear what this sounds like. It wasnt bad. I probably would like it more nowadays then before.
Back to top Go down

Six Feet Deep Empty
PostSubject: Re: Six Feet Deep   Six Feet Deep Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 2:53 pm

Great band! I still listen to those albums, particularly The Road Less Traveled, all the time.
Back to top Go down
Muloc7253
Metal student
Metal student
Muloc7253

Number of posts : 246

Six Feet Deep Empty
PostSubject: Re: Six Feet Deep   Six Feet Deep Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 3:22 pm

I've only heard Amerika the Brutal, but the vocals were way too loud to enjoy the music, and that's coming from someone that likes Chris Barnes. Grunts and Growls should not be recorded twice as loud as the guitars.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

Six Feet Deep Empty
PostSubject: Re: Six Feet Deep   Six Feet Deep Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 3:35 pm

Muloc7253 wrote:
I've only heard Amerika the Brutal, but the vocals were way too loud to enjoy the music, and that's coming from someone that likes Chris Barnes. Grunts and Growls should not be recorded twice as loud as the guitars.

That's Six Feet UNDER... this thread is about Six Feet DEEP.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Muloc7253
Metal student
Metal student
Muloc7253

Number of posts : 246

Six Feet Deep Empty
PostSubject: Re: Six Feet Deep   Six Feet Deep Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 5:07 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Muloc7253 wrote:

Hahaha, whoops! What a stupid mistake.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

Six Feet Deep Empty
PostSubject: Re: Six Feet Deep   Six Feet Deep Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 5:34 pm

Once upon a time I had both albums. Liked the first one quite a bit for a couple years.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Six Feet Deep Empty
PostSubject: Re: Six Feet Deep   Six Feet Deep Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 12:40 pm

I have both albums, but all I could get into was a song or two.

I heard the song "Struggle " on a R.E.X. sampler, and thought it was great. Too bad it was close to the only song I'd end up liking from thia band.

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

Six Feet Deep Empty
PostSubject: Re: Six Feet Deep   Six Feet Deep Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 12:46 pm

That's the song that got me into them!

There was a Christian Metal show in Cincinatti, OH back in the 90's (maybe now, still?) and I heard that song on that show.
Back to top Go down

Six Feet Deep Empty
PostSubject: Re: Six Feet Deep   Six Feet Deep Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 2:32 pm

Speaking of Christian bands. Anyone every heard Drain by Sometime Sunday and listened to the hidden track where the band pretends to be this heavy metal band called Skullhead? Hilarious stuff!
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Six Feet Deep Empty
PostSubject: Re: Six Feet Deep   Six Feet Deep Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 2:54 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Muloc7253 wrote:

Six Feet Under is one awesome band, awesome groove death metal...
Back to top Go down

Six Feet Deep Empty
PostSubject: Re: Six Feet Deep   Six Feet Deep Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 2:56 pm

Six Feet Under is complete crap.

Sorry. I hate being negative, but that band is horrible. lol!
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Six Feet Deep Empty
PostSubject: Re: Six Feet Deep   Six Feet Deep Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 4:09 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Six Feet Under is complete crap.

Sorry. I hate being negative, but that band is horrible. lol!

Well no complaints from me, i just love how heavy they are and with those nice groove drum beats its awesome to me. Chris Barnes vocals are the best Death Metal vocals out there. I just seem to like the heavy connection there..

Back to top Go down

Six Feet Deep Empty
PostSubject: Re: Six Feet Deep   Six Feet Deep Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 10:04 pm

I think my hatred stems from their horrible covers albums. Just ridiculous at best. A death metal band covering a rock band's music note for note, in the same exact style, and then throwing death metal vocals onto it is just idiocy by definition. My friend once told me they were trying to be funny. Oh? If that's true, it makes it even worse.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Six Feet Deep Empty
PostSubject: Re: Six Feet Deep   Six Feet Deep Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 2:43 am

Eyesore wrote:
I think my hatred stems from their horrible covers albums. Just ridiculous at best. A death metal band covering a rock band's music note for note, in the same exact style, and then throwing death metal vocals onto it is just idiocy by definition. My friend once told me they were trying to be funny. Oh? If that's true, it makes it even worse.
i hear Graveyard Classics III is a cover of Def Leppard's Hysteria in it's entirety.

MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Six Feet Deep Empty
PostSubject: Re: Six Feet Deep   Six Feet Deep Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 7:11 am

Eyesore wrote:

I agree those cover cds are horrid. I like there actual material..
Back to top Go down

Six Feet Deep Empty
PostSubject: Re: Six Feet Deep   Six Feet Deep Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 11:47 am

Quote :
i hear Graveyard Classics III is a cover of Def Leppard's Hysteria in it's entirety.
I would FINANCE that album, just to make Eyesore take a brick to his own head!!!

And SFU is one of the few death bands I dig. Simply because they are not all serious.

SFD was great at the time the came out. They were refreshing. Sounds pretty dated these days.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Six Feet Deep Empty
PostSubject: Re: Six Feet Deep   Six Feet Deep Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 3:50 pm

mc666 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

You are just hemmering them out this weekend, mc666!! Gotta love that dry sense of humour!! lol!

Six Feet Deep Empty
PostSubject: Re: Six Feet Deep   Six Feet Deep Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 9:39 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
Quote :
I would FINANCE that album, just to make Eyesore take a brick to his own head!!!
Can't be worse than the Def Leppard hip hop tribute. sick
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Six Feet Deep Empty
PostSubject: Re: Six Feet Deep   Six Feet Deep Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Six Feet Deep
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: