Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metal Love/Hate

Go down 
+10
Selvmord
tohostudios
XYZ
DallasBlack
krokus
Fat Freddy
mc666
Troublezone
Olafsto
MetalRob331
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Metal Love/Hate Empty
PostSubject: Metal Love/Hate   Metal Love/Hate Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 4:29 am

What metal band or bands do you seem to listen to a lot but others don't really like them or don't really give them a try?
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

Metal Love/Hate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Love/Hate   Metal Love/Hate Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 4:47 am

WHITE LION is one of my all time favourite bands, but most metal fans today don`t seem to care much for them.
Vito Bratta must be the most underrated guitar player on the planet...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Metal Love/Hate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Love/Hate   Metal Love/Hate Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 4:52 am

Stryper are put down by alot of people but they are superior musicians vs alot of secular bands.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Metal Love/Hate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Love/Hate   Metal Love/Hate Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 5:22 am

Both of them are good bands, i like White Lion a lot and Vito is an animal.
Back to top Go down

Metal Love/Hate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Love/Hate   Metal Love/Hate Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 5:33 am

too many hated bands to be mentioned there.....
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Metal Love/Hate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Love/Hate   Metal Love/Hate Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 5:38 am

A few that come to mind and are favorites of mine are

Stuck Mojo - Killer guitar work and tons of groove.
Pro-Pain - Too many people dont know who they are.
Unleashed - Viking Thrash/Death Metal

all bands i love and hear no one talk about...
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Metal Love/Hate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Love/Hate   Metal Love/Hate Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 6:07 am

99.9999% of everything i listen to.

MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Metal Love/Hate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Love/Hate   Metal Love/Hate Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 6:10 am

mc666 wrote:

why do you think that is? Is it just your taste in music (even though u like what u like) or people seem to flock to what they hear on the radio instead of looking for bands, say online? I find that online radio helps me find some hidden gems.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Metal Love/Hate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Love/Hate   Metal Love/Hate Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 8:15 am

yeah i just have sh*tty taste in music.

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

Metal Love/Hate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Love/Hate   Metal Love/Hate Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 8:39 am

mc666 wrote:

Ditto.

I wish I had a nickel for every time a co-worker has looked thru the stack of CDs on my desk and said either "UGH, how can you listen to this stuff?" or "Wow, I've never even HEARD of any of these bands."

My standard reply is "Well, that's because I listen to bands that either no one's ever heard of, or that they forgot about twenty years ago." Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

Metal Love/Hate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Love/Hate   Metal Love/Hate Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 8:45 am

Maybe more people should give METALUCIFER a try.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Metal Love/Hate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Love/Hate   Metal Love/Hate Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 9:56 am

mc666 wrote:
yeah i just have sh*tty taste in music.

I didnt mean the bands u listened to sucked i was just saying there has to be some bands that ppl recognize.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Metal Love/Hate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Love/Hate   Metal Love/Hate Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 10:32 am

I like many bands that people think suck but I think it's impossible to like many bands that at least one person thinks sucks. A few are:

Nightwish
Rhapsody
Leaves' Eyes
Dragonforce
Narnia
Saviour Machine (not metal but many people think they suck)
Extreme
P.O.D. (not really metal either)
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

Metal Love/Hate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Love/Hate   Metal Love/Hate Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 10:41 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

I wish I had a nickel for every time a co-worker has looked thru the stack of CDs on my desk and said either "UGH, how can you listen to this stuff?" or "Wow, I've never even HEARD of any of these bands."

My standard reply is "Well, that's because I listen to bands that either no one's ever heard of, or that they forgot about twenty years ago." Laughing

Same here. Most of my friends listen to rap, and don't really like anything I listen to (ie Van Halen, Pre Black Album Metallica, Megadeth, Zeppelin, anything progressive rock)
Back to top Go down

Metal Love/Hate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Love/Hate   Metal Love/Hate Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 11:35 am

troublezone wrote:
Stryper are put down by alot of people but they are superior musicians vs alot of secular bands.

I totaly agree with you on this. I have read magazines that just put Stryper down because of their christian themes and stuff and they don't take the time to really see how talented they really are. Robert Sweet is a great drummer, and after seeing a live bootleg viid from the 80's I rank him as high as Tommy Lee of Motley Crue. Oz Fox is a fantastic guitarist, and to me is like one of my greatest insperations for my guitar playing(though I can't play the solo for surrender very well). people say that Micheal Sweet's voice is too feminine. I got something for those folks, "Bite My Ass!". Great metal band, and they even have some slow songs I can get into, but when they rock, they rock.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Metal Love/Hate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Love/Hate   Metal Love/Hate Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 11:59 am

Most people hate the glam stuff I listen to. Like Wig Wam.

I was also pretty much on my own in the Avenged Sevenfold thread.

Metal student
Metal student
Selvmord

Number of posts : 238

Metal Love/Hate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Love/Hate   Metal Love/Hate Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 12:44 pm

I think most of the people where I work would like Porcupine Tree, but no one gives them a chance because everyone assumes that since I listen to metal, then they must be metal too. Even though I explain that Porcupine Tree is not metal.
Back to top Go down

Metal Love/Hate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Love/Hate   Metal Love/Hate Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 12:58 pm

I listen to some extreme death bands that most people hate.
Back to top Go down

Metal Love/Hate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Love/Hate   Metal Love/Hate Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 3:50 pm

Well, I like (only) a few songs of Marilyn Manson....

PS: please don't kill me!
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Metal Love/Hate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Love/Hate   Metal Love/Hate Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 10:13 pm

Everything I listen to is hated by my friends at school because apparently oldschool death, old school thrash, power, and progressive metal is not cool to listen to anymore. Oh well, I hate all their music also too.

ABSOLUTELY HATE...

Everytime I die
Norma Jean
Inhale Exhale
As I lay dying
Chiodos
Job for a cowboy
Underoath
Back to top Go down
romeolimagolf
Metal student
Metal student
romeolimagolf

Number of posts : 204

Metal Love/Hate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Love/Hate   Metal Love/Hate Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 10:29 pm

I hate any and all death/black metal. I simply cannot tolerate the vocals.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Metal Love/Hate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Love/Hate   Metal Love/Hate Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 10:53 pm

JerryOnly wrote:

Hell, some of us here would pat you on the back.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

Metal Love/Hate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Love/Hate   Metal Love/Hate Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 11:35 pm

Stender wrote:
Everything I listen to is hated by my friends at school because apparently oldschool death, old school thrash, power, and progressive metal is not cool to listen to anymore. Oh well, I hate all their music also too.

ABSOLUTELY HATE...

Everytime I die
Norma Jean
Inhale Exhale
As I lay dying
Chiodos
Job for a cowboy
Underoath

Amen brother i hate that crap
Back to top Go down

Metal Love/Hate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Love/Hate   Metal Love/Hate Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 11:37 pm

JerryOnly wrote:

ill admit i enjoy manson, he has some good tunes and is one of the most brilliant people ive ever seen
Back to top Go down

Metal Love/Hate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Love/Hate   Metal Love/Hate Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 1:26 am

I actually can get into As I Lay Dying ok. Some decent riffing. The rest of the list are a waste of time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Metal Love/Hate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Love/Hate   Metal Love/Hate Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metal Love/Hate
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next