Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nightwish probably sucks!

Go down 
+28
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
rattpoison
scottmitchell74
ultmetal
A Handful of Wayne
MoonChild
TheGooch
Fat Freddy
Selvmord
Mordor
caniplaywithmadness?
candlemass
iamrockerfun
nevermore
MetalRob331
Tall Tyrion
Invader
EvyMetal
Wargod
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
mc666
kmorg
Vordul
Todd Jaymz
DallasBlack
tohostudios
krokus
32 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

Nightwish probably sucks! Empty
PostSubject: Nightwish probably sucks!   Nightwish probably sucks! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 11:05 am

Here is a thread all you Nightwish fans can debate the pros an cons of this most EXCELLENT of bands, I guess. Seems that band seeps into so many other threads that have nothing to do with them. So bust out the num-chucks and throw down!
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish probably sucks!   Nightwish probably sucks! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 11:09 am

DonĀ“t like them. Now they are a little better then before but still, not a band that i like. I prefere old TAROT.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish probably sucks!   Nightwish probably sucks! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 11:11 am

There's no "probably" about it.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish probably sucks!   Nightwish probably sucks! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 11:13 am

Although their early stuff rules!

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish probably sucks!   Nightwish probably sucks! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 11:35 am

Nightwish rules, there is no suck about it. However, Saxon you are right about one thing, no other band seems to garner such extreme opinions one way or the other-fans love them and non-fans hate hate them.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish probably sucks!   Nightwish probably sucks! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 11:37 am

I went from love them to hate them.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Todd Jaymz

Number of posts : 324

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish probably sucks!   Nightwish probably sucks! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 11:38 am

I love the songs Master Passion Greed and Sahara from Dark Passion Play-TJ
Back to top Go down
Vordul
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Vordul

Number of posts : 322

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish probably sucks!   Nightwish probably sucks! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 11:41 am

never heard 'em

am i missing out DallasBlack? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish probably sucks!   Nightwish probably sucks! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 11:44 am

Vordul wrote:
never heard 'em

am i missing out DallasBlack? Very Happy

If you like orchestra's and operatics in you music, then yes. If no, then you might want to steer clear of them.

Last edited by DallasBlack on Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : misspelled operatics)
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish probably sucks!   Nightwish probably sucks! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 11:47 am

I liked Nightwish 'til the day the masses did the same Cool

Come to think of it, I still like their music.....

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish probably sucks!   Nightwish probably sucks! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 1:21 pm

they are ok. i like them fine. moreso with Anette than with Tarja.

Angelcake Adonisus Fox
Metal student
Metal student
Angelcake Adonisus Fox

Number of posts : 162

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish probably sucks!   Nightwish probably sucks! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 1:23 pm

Love them, but of course I actually like classical music and opera, so having both in a fantastic female-fronted metal band equals JOYGASM for me.

I actually rather like the new Nightwish, because as much as I like Tarja's voice, the woman is a total diva (though I do kinda like her solo album).
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish probably sucks!   Nightwish probably sucks! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 1:24 pm

I actually prefer newer Nightwish!

Wargod48

NP: Deja Vu - Decible Disease
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish probably sucks!   Nightwish probably sucks! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 2:23 pm

Greasers vs. Socs, LET'S GO!
Back to top Go down
Invader
Metal master
Metal master
Invader

Number of posts : 590

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish probably sucks!   Nightwish probably sucks! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 2:30 pm

Don't like them. They do have some good songs, but most of their songs do nothing for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish probably sucks!   Nightwish probably sucks! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 2:30 pm

Who's Nightwish?
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish probably sucks!   Nightwish probably sucks! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 2:34 pm

I find them to be very forgettable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish probably sucks!   Nightwish probably sucks! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 2:39 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:

Laughing very hard

they must suck
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish probably sucks!   Nightwish probably sucks! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 2:45 pm

thewalkofman wrote:
Tall Tyrion wrote:

Laughing very hard

they must suck

I'd say don't knock 'em until you try 'em. As I stated earlier this is a band that divides many people (kind of like Trivium and Dragonforce) so you really don't know unless you hear them yourself.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish probably sucks!   Nightwish probably sucks! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 3:17 pm

I like them a lot. I prefer the album Wishmaster over all there material but i find all the releases to be very good.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25900

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish probably sucks!   Nightwish probably sucks! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 3:18 pm

I like them.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish probably sucks!   Nightwish probably sucks! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 3:31 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
I like them a lot. I prefer the album Wishmaster over all there material but i find all the releases to be very good.

Ding, Ding, Ding!!!!! Wishmaster will always be my favorite Nightwish disc! Listen to Wishmaster then Dark Passion Play to see why I went from loving this band to hating them.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish probably sucks!   Nightwish probably sucks! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 4:22 pm

they are not as before. after Tarja left ... all goin down. don't like 'em. this time they suck.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish probably sucks!   Nightwish probably sucks! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 9:53 pm

I liked them w/Tarja, can't get used to the new singer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish probably sucks!   Nightwish probably sucks! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 10:16 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Listen to Wishmaster then Dark Passion Play to see why I went from loving this band to hating them.

I still can't see sorry. I love everything they've done (Angels Fall First a little less than the others) and yes they have some longer songs but the album still has 10 songs less than or equal to 6 minutes (only one eqal to). There are 3 songs over 7 minutes (the longest one at 13:54, one at 7:10 and one at 7:03) which is hardly an extravagance except the first track and everyone from Maiden to Iced Earth have done songs at that length. It doesn't matter to me that you don't like it, I respect your decision not to like it, and I have no doubt that you don't, but I believe you are exaggerating way too much about the length.

BTW, Oceanborn is my favortie.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish probably sucks!   Nightwish probably sucks! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nightwish probably sucks!
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next