Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Germany's Blackend...

Go down 
+4
SideShowDisaSter
MetalGuy71
kmorg
ultmetal
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Germany's Blackend... Empty
PostSubject: Germany's Blackend...   Germany's Blackend... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 9:09 am

Anyone here into this German thrash/metal band. They have a unique sound in that they are obviously very inspired by Metallica's "And Justice For All", yet at the same time they don't exactly sound like Metallica either. Hard to describe really.

They have three albums out. My favorite of the three is "Mental. Game. Messiah." However "Sloth" and "Last Thing Undone" are good as well.

Any fans? Favorites? Comments?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Germany's Blackend...   Germany's Blackend... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 12:10 pm

I have 1 or 2 albums, but haven't gotten around to listen closely yet. It's thrash though, so chances are I'll like it1

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Germany's Blackend...   Germany's Blackend... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 2:06 pm

I have all 3 of their albums and I love'em all. I probably listen to Mental.Game.Messiah more than the other 2, only becasue I had that one longer than the others, so I'm more familiar with it. They were a direct result of reading the reviews on Ult's site, then tracking them down on ebay. Good stuff.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4602

PostSubject: Re: Germany's Blackend...   Germany's Blackend... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 7:36 pm

I dig 'em. Metallica worship for sure, but well done. I think I may take one of their discs with me to work tomorrow...

The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Germany's Blackend...   Germany's Blackend... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 7:52 pm

I have only heard the name, in what ways do they sound like metallica? I might look into them if I get a chance.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Germany's Blackend...   Germany's Blackend... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 8:13 pm

I've never heard anything from them. What would be the best album to introduce myself to them?
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Germany's Blackend...   Germany's Blackend... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 10:13 pm

i had all three at one time or another. They were ok but nothing that i would spin on regular or even semi-regular basis. They had that metallica thing going for them but if i wanted metallica I would go for.. well Metallica!

Alex

GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Germany's Blackend...   Germany's Blackend... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 12:50 am

I hve the last 2 albums. Needs to pull it out to listen again.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Germany's Blackend...   Germany's Blackend... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 8:57 am

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
I dig 'em. Metallica worship for sure, but well done. I think I may take one of their discs with me to work tomorrow...

Which do you like best?

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Germany's Blackend...   Germany's Blackend... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 9:01 am

exact33 wrote:
i had all three at one time or another. They were ok but nothing that i would spin on regular or even semi-regular basis. They had that metallica thing going for them but if i wanted metallica I would go for.. well Metallica!

Alex

The Metallica album they most emulated most was "...And Justice For All". I never thought they sounded exactly like Metallica. They had too many other influences. Also, the German sound was so different from anything Metallica has done.

I suppose I don't see it as any different than how Aerosmith sounds like Rolling Stones, Cinderella and Guns n Roses sounds like Aerosmith, etc. Each band just has influenced the next generation. Same with Blackend. They obviously have a Metallica influence, but they are far from a clone.

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4602

PostSubject: Re: Germany's Blackend...   Germany's Blackend... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 7:17 pm

ultmetal wrote:
SideShowDisaSter wrote:

Which do you like best?

Probably a toss-up between Mental.Game.Messiah and The Last Thing Undone. Maybe lean slightly more towards the former than the later.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: Germany's Blackend...   Germany's Blackend... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 12:26 am

I had The Last Thing Undone, average at best. Thanks to Shiney for making me an extra good trade offer for it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Germany's Blackend...   Germany's Blackend... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Germany's Blackend...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: