Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Outburn Magazine

Go down 
+4
7thSecond
kethdredd
fishingd
ultmetal
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Outburn Magazine Empty
PostSubject: Outburn Magazine   Outburn Magazine Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 2:17 pm

Outburn Magazine Outburn43

Anyone know of this magazine? Apparently there is a good review of the new Ultimatum CD printed in it. If anyone has it and doesn't mind posting it here, I'd appreciate it.

ult

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
fishingd

Number of posts : 297

Outburn Magazine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outburn Magazine   Outburn Magazine Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 12:33 am

Will not be out till 20th this month!!!

But I will check it out for you!!
Back to top Go down
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

Outburn Magazine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outburn Magazine   Outburn Magazine Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 9:32 am

Suprisingly good magazine. They give Christian artists a fair shake in there, 2 feature stories, one on Thieves and Liars and one on Demon Hunter. They had 125 album reviews including many thrash bands. As fishingd stated the next one is out on March 20th, so I assume the review will be in that issue.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Outburn Magazine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outburn Magazine   Outburn Magazine Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 11:32 am

Thanks guys.

Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 665

Outburn Magazine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outburn Magazine   Outburn Magazine Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 3:48 am

I've bought this magazine a few times. They seem to have nothing against Christian bands at all as every issue has a few in them.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Outburn Magazine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outburn Magazine   Outburn Magazine Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 3:48 pm

7thSecond wrote:
I've bought this magazine a few times. They seem to have nothing against Christian bands at all as every issue has a few in them.

Cool. If you should buy the issue with the Ultimatum review, post the review for me please.

thanks,
ult

Administrator
ultmetal

Outburn Magazine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outburn Magazine   Outburn Magazine Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 11:12 pm

I might need to see if Hastings has this magazine tomorrow.

ult

Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

Outburn Magazine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outburn Magazine   Outburn Magazine Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 6:15 am

I read the review in Barnes and Noble yesterday, it gave the album a 7. It was a short positive review.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Outburn Magazine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outburn Magazine   Outburn Magazine Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 5:10 pm

kethdredd wrote:
I read the review in Barnes and Noble yesterday, it gave the album a 7. It was a short positive review.

Cool. I need to get it so I can post it on our site. Thanks for the review of the review. Very Happy

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25858

Outburn Magazine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outburn Magazine   Outburn Magazine Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 6:09 pm

I replied about the Unrestrained review before I saw this post.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Outburn Magazine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outburn Magazine   Outburn Magazine Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 11:01 am

ULTIMATUM Into the Pit (Retroactive)
7 out of 10

Thrash metal is making a resounding comebackwith bands that are exploiting the style that seemingly peaked in the late 80's. Some dedicated acts have always made pure thrash metal and have waited patiently for this day to arrive - the day when old school metal was readily accepted again. Ultimatum, purveyers of aggressive, speed driven thrash metal, has been a player in this field for well over a decade. They certainly have the chops and an arsenal of neck snapping riffs to twist the heads of even the most jaded thrash metal connoisseur. the most perplexing aspect to swallow about ultimatum, perhaps, is their allegiance to the christian faith and how they weave that into their lyrics. This doesn't detract from the head banging of INTO THE PIT, but in the world of thrash metal, it may be enough to stave off the typical metal fan. While most bands are singing the praises of satan, Ultimatum warns of the consequences of sin and the eventual path to be walked by those who abandon the word of Christ. pretty heavy stuff, but then again, so is the music. Frontman scott waters has some rather wicked sounding vocals, and Robert Gutierrez shreds his axe convincingly. the thrash metal wave is rising, and Ultimatum is in a great spot to ride it out this time.

Joseph Graham
Outburn Magazine, Issue #43

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

Outburn Magazine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outburn Magazine   Outburn Magazine Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 11:38 am

Where can I get any of these magazines on which Into the pit has a review?
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

Outburn Magazine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outburn Magazine   Outburn Magazine Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 12:58 pm

That's a pretty good review. It's not deep at all, doesn't frame the band in the context of other bands or speak of tempo, but it's positive.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Outburn Magazine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outburn Magazine   Outburn Magazine Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 4:15 pm

powermacho wrote:

I think Outburn is available at most of the big chain book stores like Borders and Hastings.

Administrator
ultmetal

Outburn Magazine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outburn Magazine   Outburn Magazine Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 10:06 am

powermacho wrote:

I picked up a copy of this magazine at F.Y.E. yesterday.

Avenger of Blood are reviewed in the same issue and given a very favorable review. 8/10

Outburn Magazine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outburn Magazine   Outburn Magazine Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 12:54 pm

Decent review but mine was better. very happy
Back to top Go down
biddle
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
biddle

Number of posts : 337

Outburn Magazine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outburn Magazine   Outburn Magazine Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 3:36 pm

Saw this magazine and review at Hastings this past friday. Why are Ultimatum not on a bigger label?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Outburn Magazine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outburn Magazine   Outburn Magazine Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Outburn Magazine
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Band Forums :: Ultimatum-
Jump to: