Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Your favorite Celtic Frost album

Go down 
+13
steel warrior
Stender
DallasBlack
Muloc7253
Leatherface
nevermore
James B.
DeathCult
ultmetal
TrogDawn
SAHB Healer
mc666
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Which album is your favorite?
Morbid Tales
Your favorite Celtic Frost album Vote_lcap34%Your favorite Celtic Frost album Vote_rcap
 34% [ 12 ]
-
Your favorite Celtic Frost album Vote_lcap3%Your favorite Celtic Frost album Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
To Mega Therion
Your favorite Celtic Frost album Vote_lcap14%Your favorite Celtic Frost album Vote_rcap
 14% [ 5 ]
-
Your favorite Celtic Frost album Vote_lcap3%Your favorite Celtic Frost album Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Into the Pandemonium
Your favorite Celtic Frost album Vote_lcap17%Your favorite Celtic Frost album Vote_rcap
 17% [ 6 ]
-
 3% [ 1 ]
Cold Lake
Your favorite Celtic Frost album Vote_lcap14%Your favorite Celtic Frost album Vote_rcap
 14% [ 5 ]
-
 3% [ 1 ]
Vanity/Nemesis
Your favorite Celtic Frost album Vote_lcap6%Your favorite Celtic Frost album Vote_rcap
 6% [ 2 ]
-
 3% [ 1 ]
Monotheist
Your favorite Celtic Frost album Vote_lcap0%Your favorite Celtic Frost album Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 35

AuthorMessage
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
Metal student
Metal student
Angelcake Adonisus Fox

Number of posts : 162

Your favorite Celtic Frost album Empty
PostSubject: Your favorite Celtic Frost album   Your favorite Celtic Frost album Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 1:32 am

So, I'd like to ask what everyone's favorite Celtic Frost album is.

I myself am rather partial to Morbid Tales. I'm a sucker for story songs, and this album is like a black metal short-story collection. Each of the songs detail the decay of ancient, forgotten civilizations....kinda like Robert E. Howard on crack.

Of course, the music's great to. Sludegy, doomy riffs combined with medium-to-fast paced drums, and of course Tom Warrior's throaty, nordic rasp just goes so damn well with the music. Also, I like the fact that Tom likes to experiment with his music, as he often uses sound collages to create nightmarish insturnmental soundscapes for his albums.

Either way, this stuff is a HELL of alot more advanced than Hellhammer. lol!

So, what about you guys?

P.S. Since they're both packaged together these days, Morbid Tales and Emperor's Return will simply be refered to as "Morbid Tales".
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Celtic Frost album   Your favorite Celtic Frost album Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 1:47 am

the first 3 are among my favorite albums ever.. not just by Frost, but by anyone. so far before their time & years ahead of anyone else.

however i also appreciated Cold Lake for what it was (with exception of the pix), & i thought Vanity/Nemisis was a hugely underrated comeback. Monotheist was the perfect album for Celtic Frost circa 2006.

i love each & every one of them.

however to answer this difficult question... To Mega Therion. it could have easily been Morbid Tales or Into The Pandemonium though. depends on which i last listened to.

SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Celtic Frost album   Your favorite Celtic Frost album Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 2:16 am

Which poll is the real one? Anyway, I think Vanity/Nemisis was the best Frost album; but my favorite, by far, is Cold Lake. That's because I take it as a semi-humorous take off on Glam Metal in general. It's one of my top 25 of all time. I think it's funny as hell, and it rocks too.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Celtic Frost album   Your favorite Celtic Frost album Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 2:33 am

SAHB Healer wrote:
Which poll is the real one?
i would say this one, since i had already responded to it.

TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Celtic Frost album   Your favorite Celtic Frost album Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 10:25 am

Morbid Tales (including Emperor's Return) with Cold Lake not far behind (yeah, I know, polar opposites), but the entire FROST catalogue is cool in my book. 🤘

Last edited by TrogDawn on Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Celtic Frost album   Your favorite Celtic Frost album Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 10:32 am

1. Morbid Tales
2. To Mega Therion
3. Monotheist
4. Vanity/Nemesis
5. Cold Lake
6. Into the Pandemonium
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Celtic Frost album   Your favorite Celtic Frost album Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 10:49 am

1. Vanity/Nemesis
2. Into the Pandemonium
3. To Mega Therion
4. Morbid Tales
5. Monotheist
6. Cold Lake

Like 'em all and while Cold Lake lands at dead last, I still enjoy that CD as well.

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Celtic Frost album   Your favorite Celtic Frost album Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 3:01 pm

Morbid Tales
To Mega Therion
Into The Pandemonium
Cold Lake

CF got lost in the shuffle for me around the turn of the 90's, so I never heard anything after "Cold Lake."
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Celtic Frost album   Your favorite Celtic Frost album Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 3:26 pm

1.)Morbid Tales
2.)To Mega Therion
3.)Into The Pandemonium
4.)Cold Lake
5.)Monotheist
6.)Vanity/Nemesis

Last edited by DeathCult on Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Celtic Frost album   Your favorite Celtic Frost album Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 3:35 pm

And because of this poll I'm enjoying a nice big bowl of these Frosty Celts today! 🤘
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Celtic Frost album   Your favorite Celtic Frost album Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 3:43 pm

ever heard that S.O.D. song Celtic Frosted Flakes? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Celtic Frost album   Your favorite Celtic Frost album Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 4:23 pm

DeathCult wrote:
ever heard that S.O.D. song Celtic Frosted Flakes? Very Happy
Yah, mon! Your favorite Celtic Frost album 309780
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Celtic Frost album   Your favorite Celtic Frost album Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 6:39 pm

To Mega Therion but I like 'em all really. Even Cold Lake.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12528

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Celtic Frost album   Your favorite Celtic Frost album Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 6:51 pm

hard to choose but "Into Mega Therion"
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25640

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Celtic Frost album   Your favorite Celtic Frost album Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 8:16 pm

Morbid Tales
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18833

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Celtic Frost album   Your favorite Celtic Frost album Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 11:27 pm

Morbid Tales. Love that raw, doomy sound.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Muloc7253
Metal student
Metal student
Muloc7253

Number of posts : 246

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Celtic Frost album   Your favorite Celtic Frost album Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 5:41 am

Into the Pandemonium for me, but Apocalyptic Raids would make it a tough decision if it were up there.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Celtic Frost album   Your favorite Celtic Frost album Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 9:20 pm

I guess it's hight time I try to seek out some of their CDs. I used to have Parched With Thirst but I remember not beeing that into it-granted that was about 10 years ago so who knows.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Celtic Frost album   Your favorite Celtic Frost album Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 12:58 pm

Into The Pandemonium for me...that album boggled my mind when it first came out, which makes me respect it even more today.

I'm not sure what the general consensus here is, but I really liked Monotheist. It took a little while for it to sink in, but the more I spin it the more I like it. That album sounds like it could destroy the world if you played it loud enough.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Celtic Frost album   Your favorite Celtic Frost album Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 1:20 pm

Morbid Tales. 🤘
Back to top Go down
steel warrior
Metal student
Metal student
steel warrior

Number of posts : 133

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Celtic Frost album   Your favorite Celtic Frost album Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 1:24 pm

I love the darkness of TMT
Back to top Go down
TH Joe
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
TH Joe

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Celtic Frost album   Your favorite Celtic Frost album Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 9:13 pm

"To Mega Therion" is my fave.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Celtic Frost album   Your favorite Celtic Frost album Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 10:44 am

Into The Pandemonium
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Celtic Frost album   Your favorite Celtic Frost album Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 12:57 pm

It's a toss up between Morbid Tales and To Mega Therion. Both of them are just jawdropping. The only other album I know is Cold Lake which is... errr.... you know... kinda terrible.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Celtic Frost album   Your favorite Celtic Frost album Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 8:40 pm

Dave the Boss wrote:
It's a toss up between Morbid Tales and To Mega Therion. Both of them are just jawdropping. The only other album I know is Cold Lake which is... errr.... you know... kinda terrible.

I think the only real problem with Cold Lake is the image and the lyrics are completely uncharacteristic. Because musically that is one great dark, dingy, heavy record.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Celtic Frost album   Your favorite Celtic Frost album Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your favorite Celtic Frost album
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next