Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Melodic/Prog/Power Metal Train

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

The Melodic/Prog/Power Metal Train Empty
PostSubject: The Melodic/Prog/Power Metal Train   The Melodic/Prog/Power Metal Train Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 7:50 pm

Has anybody but me noticed all the metal releases from Locomotive Records (subsidary of Frontier)? It used to be SPV/Limb had the prog/power market cornered but now it seems Lovomotive has surpassed it by leaps and bounds. Go to any store know to have an extensive metal collection (i.e. Virgin Megastore) and Locomotive releases are everywhere and they all appear to be either progressive, power/speed, and melodic metal. I recently purchased 9 CDs and all but two are from this label (Allen/Lande, Silent Force, Primal Fear, and Jorn Lande). Those who complain about flooding of the modern power metal genre have found a new target for their hate.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: The Melodic/Prog/Power Metal Train   The Melodic/Prog/Power Metal Train Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 8:46 pm

Locomotive has been putting out a lot of great metal for a few years now. It seemed like they focused on bands from Latin America early, but have shifted to a more global scope in recent years. At least, I think that's Locomotive. I think that's right. Either way, they do release some great metal. Unknown bands, too.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: The Melodic/Prog/Power Metal Train   The Melodic/Prog/Power Metal Train Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 2:46 am

I got that series of samplers (Rock the Bones) from that outfit, and they do indeed have a Monster stable of artists. Very good stuff!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: The Melodic/Prog/Power Metal Train   The Melodic/Prog/Power Metal Train Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 11:40 am

Looking through my CDs to decide my playlist for today I saw that Locomotive also has the legendary Grave Digger on their roster as well.
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: The Melodic/Prog/Power Metal Train   The Melodic/Prog/Power Metal Train Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 12:38 pm

"POLICE SQUAD" in Color

Great avatar DallasBlack, LOL. I loved that show, All 6 episodes.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: The Melodic/Prog/Power Metal Train   The Melodic/Prog/Power Metal Train Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 12:39 pm

These days I'm loving:

SPV

AOR Heaven

Locomotive

Retroactive

Spiritual Beast

Stormspell

Sentinel Steel
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: The Melodic/Prog/Power Metal Train   The Melodic/Prog/Power Metal Train Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 12:00 am

assault_attack wrote:
"POLICE SQUAD" in Color

Great avatar DallasBlack, LOL. I loved that show, All 6 episodes.

Thanks, I'm a sucker for good spoofs (mostly Zucker brothers, most other suck-i.e. Date Movie and Epic Movie) and I also recently got all three Naked Gun movies on DVD.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Melodic/Prog/Power Metal Train   The Melodic/Prog/Power Metal Train Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Melodic/Prog/Power Metal Train
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: