Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Follow me, let the dead bury their own dead...

Go down 
+13
sam
candlemass
TheGooch
scottmitchell74
MetalGuy71
Muloc7253
EvyMetal
SideShowDisaSter
Louder
Smindas
Metal Misfit
Thrasher73
ultmetal
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Follow me, let the dead bury their own dead... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Follow me, let the dead bury their own dead...   Follow me, let the dead bury their own dead... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 12:51 pm

Quote :
I love Garth Brooks, what do I know? don\'t know

Obviously, not very much.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Follow me, let the dead bury their own dead...   Follow me, let the dead bury their own dead... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 1:15 pm

emptytomb1 wrote:
Quote :
I love Garth Brooks, what do I know? don\'t know

Obviously, not very much.

I like you more and more each day Etomb
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Follow me, let the dead bury their own dead...   Follow me, let the dead bury their own dead... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 1:46 pm

thrasher73 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
thrasher73 wrote:
Great video!I have that somewhere at home on the Hot Metal video IV or something like that.Filmed in a satanic church,right?

No, I believe it was a Catholic church.

same difference lol!

I went to mass this morning, nothing satanic about it, the music was quite different than this video as well!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Follow me, let the dead bury their own dead...   Follow me, let the dead bury their own dead... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 1:56 pm

candlemass wrote:
thrasher73 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
thrasher73 wrote:
Great video!I have that somewhere at home on the Hot Metal video IV or something like that.Filmed in a satanic church,right?

No, I believe it was a Catholic church.

same difference lol!

I went to mass this morning, nothing satanic about it, the music was quite different than this video as well!

Just a joke my friend
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Follow me, let the dead bury their own dead...   Follow me, let the dead bury their own dead... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 5:54 pm

Quote :
I prefer "Roger Rising"

My man!!
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Follow me, let the dead bury their own dead...   Follow me, let the dead bury their own dead... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 9:13 pm

ahh vngence rising, one of the greats, why do bands like this have to fall apart? tis sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Follow me, let the dead bury their own dead...   Follow me, let the dead bury their own dead... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 9:20 pm

sam wrote:
why do bands like this have to fall apart? tis sad

Debt. Debt. Debt. Sad

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Follow me, let the dead bury their own dead...   Follow me, let the dead bury their own dead... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 9:25 pm

ultmetal wrote:
sam wrote:

Debt. Debt. Debt. Sad

maybe it should be mandetory for a band to add another member to their group...

an acountent. that could also be a conversation starter,

"so..what do you do in the band?"
"i'm the accountent"
"oh...."

hehe
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Follow me, let the dead bury their own dead...   Follow me, let the dead bury their own dead... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 9:52 pm

sam wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
sam wrote:

Debt. Debt. Debt. Sad

maybe it should be mandetory for a band to add another member to their group...

an acountent. that could also be a conversation starter,

"so..what do you do in the band?"
"i'm the accountent"
"oh...."

hehe

He would probably just rip off the band as well. It's happened before. Ever watch those VH-1 specials? Almost all of them have stories about the greedy manager that ripped off the band.

In the case of Vengeance, the Once Dead tour cost them a ton of money. They just didn't make the money they thought there were going to make and owed a lot of money in advances. The band decided to call it a day, without the knowledge of Roger Martinez, who was off in Australia producing Mortification. They wanted to record one final album, for which they already had several songs written. Do a few shows. Sell off the remaining merchandise, pay off the debt and call it a day. When Roger Martinez returned to the U.S., they let him know. He didn't want the band to end, so he decided to take on the debt and in return he was given the band's remaining recording contract, all the merchandies, all future royalties, and control of the band name. Unfortunately he ended up deeper and deeper in debt and felt the band members had betrayed him. Therein is the basics of the story.

The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Follow me, let the dead bury their own dead...   Follow me, let the dead bury their own dead... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 5:40 pm

My favorate band, but spectrefate, Roger rising dosnt even compare to the orignal two I'm sorry but your crazy.
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Follow me, let the dead bury their own dead...   Follow me, let the dead bury their own dead... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 7:43 am

I like Destruction Comes, of course not as much as the first 2 albums but I like it nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Follow me, let the dead bury their own dead...   Follow me, let the dead bury their own dead... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 10:21 pm

The video of them live is from Metal Mardi Gras 1987 filmed at the Vellodrome. (I had the fortune of being there...) I do believe they sold their demo at this gig. A five song affair ,"White Throne", "Human Sacrifice", "Salvation", "Beheaded" and the fifth song eludes me.... "I love Hating Evil" maybe?

When that live vid was shot they were better live than most of the thrash bands out there. They were fast, tight, loud and had the best stage presence ever...

The song on the live vid was called 'Prodigal Son' which became "Mulligans Stew"....

🤘
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: Follow me, let the dead bury their own dead...   Follow me, let the dead bury their own dead... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 11:02 pm

Great video - the first Vengeance Rising song I had ever heard, compliments of the Hot Metal IV video my mom bought me (which got me into metal Laughing ).

Good song, but not from the best album. That goes to Human Sacrifice, with Once Dead a real close second.

Roger really works it in the video.

🤘 🤘 🤘
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Follow me, let the dead bury their own dead...   Follow me, let the dead bury their own dead... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Follow me, let the dead bury their own dead...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2