Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ultimatum on the cover of Heaven's Metal

Go down 
+11
nevermore
Glenn Rogers
bgast1
Metal Misfit
Wargod
Olafsto
DallasBlack
Waylon
TrogDawn
Stender
ultmetal
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Ultimatum on the cover of Heaven's Metal - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum on the cover of Heaven's Metal   Ultimatum on the cover of Heaven's Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 11:44 am

nevermore wrote:
Where can you get copies of this? I can only find HM.

http://www.hmmagazine.com/store/001064.php

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25876

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum on the cover of Heaven's Metal   Ultimatum on the cover of Heaven's Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 11:47 am

Cool,thanks.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum on the cover of Heaven's Metal   Ultimatum on the cover of Heaven's Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 11:02 pm

Received my copy in the mail today. There are two articles on Ultimatum, one about Into the Pit and the other dealing with the review from 1998.

Comes with a free CD. Surprisingly our record company didn't put us on it. LOL! I would have thought this would have been the perfect compilation for us to be one.

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum on the cover of Heaven's Metal   Ultimatum on the cover of Heaven's Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 11:08 pm

Oh, man. I hope it comes soon. I finally subscribed quite a while back. I know it's every two months......good to see it's time.
Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum on the cover of Heaven's Metal   Ultimatum on the cover of Heaven's Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 9:28 pm

I read both articles on the Heaven's Metal Zine today. Great stuff. Good article about Ultimatum Scott - and great answers too. It came across really good.

I never new about the whole "Puppet" review thing - interesting stuff. Glad you got to write about it and set the record straight. Reviews can be a double edged sword sometimes.

Here's to more Ultimatum CD's being bought!!

Laughing Razz
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum on the cover of Heaven's Metal   Ultimatum on the cover of Heaven's Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 8:16 am

shamgar75 wrote:
I read both articles on the Heaven's Metal Zine today. Great stuff. Good article about Ultimatum Scott - and great answers too. It came across really good.

I never new about the whole "Puppet" review thing - interesting stuff. Glad you got to write about it and set the record straight. Reviews can be a double edged sword sometimes.

Here's to more Ultimatum CD's being bought!!

Laughing Razz

Thanks. I am sort of amazed anyone cares about that review, 10 years later.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum on the cover of Heaven's Metal   Ultimatum on the cover of Heaven's Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 9:07 am

Great article Ult. Nice to read your testimony and I believe a cover album from you guys would be awesome. Also interesting to read about the review and how it impacted you, the author, Steve Rowe, and your fans; at least it all turned out well in the end.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum on the cover of Heaven's Metal   Ultimatum on the cover of Heaven's Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 9:52 am

Yea, I thought it was a bit odd to revisit that old review, but did int anyhow. I thought it was cool that Chad apologized for that review though. Have to say, no other review burned my biscuits more than that one. I probably should not have taken it so personally, and had it been any other magazine I probably wouldn't have, but because it was in Doug's magazine, I took it very personally. Being accused of plagiarism of my graphics work was not something I took lightly.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
fishingd

Number of posts : 297

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum on the cover of Heaven's Metal   Ultimatum on the cover of Heaven's Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 10:26 am

Yes, I thought it was a nice Apology to the band..
Back to top Go down
fishingd
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
fishingd

Number of posts : 297

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum on the cover of Heaven's Metal   Ultimatum on the cover of Heaven's Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 7:58 pm

I got my copy in Thursday just before Metal
Pulse went on air. I'll tell ya, I was reading it inbetween songs. That
issue should have been called 'Tribute to Ulitmatum" lol! . Very good issue this month.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum on the cover of Heaven's Metal   Ultimatum on the cover of Heaven's Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 10:49 pm

Yup, I was surprised to see both articles in the same edition. I expected the Puppet of Destruction article to be printed in the issue with Veni Domine on the cover.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum on the cover of Heaven's Metal   Ultimatum on the cover of Heaven's Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 12:03 pm

If anyone is interested in reading the entire article, you can do so here:
http://www.hmmagazine.com/exclusive/ultimatum_interview200804/index.php

Only a portion of the interview was actually printed in the magazine.

ult

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum on the cover of Heaven's Metal   Ultimatum on the cover of Heaven's Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 10:19 pm

Wow. That is a really bad picture.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum on the cover of Heaven's Metal   Ultimatum on the cover of Heaven's Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 12:14 am

Schbopo wrote:
Wow. That is a really bad picture.

What's wrong with it?

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum on the cover of Heaven's Metal   Ultimatum on the cover of Heaven's Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 3:55 pm

Schbopo,

i hope you're smart enough to know that this is Ult's board.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum on the cover of Heaven's Metal   Ultimatum on the cover of Heaven's Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 8:34 pm

Yes, I know it's his board, it's just the angle and the lighting, etc. is really weird.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum on the cover of Heaven's Metal   Ultimatum on the cover of Heaven's Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 9:13 pm

Schbopo wrote:
Yes, I know it's his board, it's just the angle and the lighting, etc. is really weird.
just admit it. Scott's gun show made you feel kinda funny, didn't it? :bigboy:

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum on the cover of Heaven's Metal   Ultimatum on the cover of Heaven's Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 4:40 am

His arms are as big as his head.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum on the cover of Heaven's Metal   Ultimatum on the cover of Heaven's Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ultimatum on the cover of Heaven's Metal
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2