Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

If RAINBOW reunited...

Go down 
+22
TheGooch
MoonChild
journeyman
scottmitchell74
stormspell
James B.
DeathCult
SAHB Healer
Wargod
tohostudios
Temple of Blood
nevermore
caniplaywithmadness?
Thrasher73
ghost
mc666
kmorg
the sentinel
Olafsto
Tall Tyrion
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Who would you chose as the singer?
Graham Bonnet
If RAINBOW reunited... Vote_lcap10%If RAINBOW reunited... Vote_rcap
 10% [ 4 ]
Joe Lynn Turner
If RAINBOW reunited... Vote_lcap17%If RAINBOW reunited... Vote_rcap
 17% [ 7 ]
Ronnie James Dio
If RAINBOW reunited... Vote_lcap73%If RAINBOW reunited... Vote_rcap
 73% [ 30 ]
Total Votes : 41

AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

If RAINBOW reunited... Empty
PostSubject: If RAINBOW reunited...   If RAINBOW reunited... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 12:43 pm

Who would you chose as the singer?

This comes about after reading an interview with Joe Lynn Turner where he stated that if Rainbow did a reunion that he should be the singer and not Ronnie.

Quote :
Classic Rock Revisited: If RAINBOW were to get back together who should be the singer? Ronnie James Dio or you?

Joe: I know it won't be Dio because I talk to Ronnie and he is doing quite well on his own. We were offered to do the three singers of RAINBOW but that would have been a nightmare. Actually, we all get along so that might have been cool but I know Ronnie would never do it. Graham [Bonnet] would do it. I will tell you something funny. One night I was in Madrid with my friend Doogie White and we were absolutely plastered. Doogie goes, "Fuck you, it should be me as the singer if RAINBOW reformed." I was like, "You're going to sing my songs?" I was really digging at him. I said, "What was the name of the RAINBOW album you were on?" I was taking the piss out of him and then three Jack Daniels later were hugging. He thinks he was the unsung hero of RAINBOW. He emails me all the time about the gigs he does with Yngwie Malmsteen. He once told me he had to sing seven shows in a row. I asked him, "How do you sing seven shows in row" and he said, "Nobody gives a smurf poo about the singer in this band." Okay, now I will answer your question directly: It should be me. I will tell you why, Dio had the heavier sort of dungeons and dragons stuff — don't get me wrong, I love the stuff and I am even singing some of his stuff like "Last in Line" and "Rainbow in the Dark" in BIG NOIZE. I am a huge fan of Ronnie James Dio but we [RAINBOW with Joe Lynn Turner] did have the sales. We also had the worldwide notoriety and the commercial success. They had a poll one time about who should be the singer and overwhelmingly it was me — and I need the work [laughter].

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37646

PostSubject: Re: If RAINBOW reunited...   If RAINBOW reunited... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 12:45 pm

DIIII-O! DIIII-O! DIIIII-O!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If RAINBOW reunited...   If RAINBOW reunited... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 12:45 pm

Joe Lynn, hands down. I think the later stuff defined that awesome band more than the Dio stuff.

But I'd take either one just to get Ritchie to play rock again.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: If RAINBOW reunited...   If RAINBOW reunited... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 12:47 pm

I actually prefer the Dio years, so I went with Dio. I like the other singers as well, but those first three Rainbow albums are my favorites of their catalog.

ult

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: If RAINBOW reunited...   If RAINBOW reunited... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 12:50 pm

Like 'em all, but I picked Dio. Long Live Rock 'n' Roll! 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If RAINBOW reunited...   If RAINBOW reunited... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 12:53 pm

ult,

I've read your review of it, but in your opinion is it worth it to pick up Stanger in Us All? It's the only one I do not have.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: If RAINBOW reunited...   If RAINBOW reunited... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 12:54 pm

Me too likes `em all, but voted Turner. When i got into Rainbow, he was the singer and i think it would be great to see/hear that line up again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: If RAINBOW reunited...   If RAINBOW reunited... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 12:56 pm

spectrefate wrote:
ult,

I've read your review of it, but in your opinion is it worth it to pick up Stanger in Us All? It's the only one I do not have.

It's been a long time since I have heard it, but I remember liking it quite a bit when I first picked it up.

ult

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: If RAINBOW reunited...   If RAINBOW reunited... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 1:35 pm

I went with Dio b/c he is the most metal and I wouldn't want Rainbow to come back sounding like (no disrespect) Matchbox 20 or the Dave Mathews Band to sell records. Peace.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: If RAINBOW reunited...   If RAINBOW reunited... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 1:38 pm

Dio. Always go for the classic line-up

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: If RAINBOW reunited...   If RAINBOW reunited... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 1:54 pm

Dio, but it'll never happen.

ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

PostSubject: Re: If RAINBOW reunited...   If RAINBOW reunited... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 1:58 pm

Dio is my choise.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: If RAINBOW reunited...   If RAINBOW reunited... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 1:58 pm

DIO
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If RAINBOW reunited...   If RAINBOW reunited... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 2:11 pm

As always - the Lone Bonnet vote.....
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: If RAINBOW reunited...   If RAINBOW reunited... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 2:24 pm

the Lone Bonnet,sounds like a good name for a band Smile
Back to top Go down
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

PostSubject: Re: If RAINBOW reunited...   If RAINBOW reunited... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 3:22 pm

dio. rainbow stuff with dio is awesome
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25871

PostSubject: Re: If RAINBOW reunited...   If RAINBOW reunited... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 3:23 pm

I voted for Dio.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: If RAINBOW reunited...   If RAINBOW reunited... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 3:23 pm

Dio, but JLT is also an awesome singer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If RAINBOW reunited...   If RAINBOW reunited... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 3:47 pm

Voted for Bonnet...but Dio would be the obvious choice for a reunion.Too bad Blackmore is such an eccentric,self-absorbed a-hole.Like mentoned earlier it'll never happen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If RAINBOW reunited...   If RAINBOW reunited... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 3:59 pm

IronAge wrote:
Too bad Blackmore is such an eccentric,self-absorbed a-hole.

How did you find this out, have you met him?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: If RAINBOW reunited...   If RAINBOW reunited... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 4:05 pm

Another vote for Dio

PostSubject: Re: If RAINBOW reunited...   If RAINBOW reunited... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 4:35 pm

JLT. No question.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If RAINBOW reunited...   If RAINBOW reunited... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 5:23 pm

Quote :
Voted for Bonnet

Yeah! A gang of two. Together we will RULE THE WORLD. AHH-HAHAHAHAHA!
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: If RAINBOW reunited...   If RAINBOW reunited... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 6:36 pm

No brainer Raindow with Dio who else.

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: If RAINBOW reunited...   If RAINBOW reunited... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 7:06 pm

Just like with Sabbath, I think of them as two different bands (at least). I'd pick Dio, but it would make me sick to hear him doing JLT material. I would go with the "Heaven & Hell" approach, and call the band "Long Live Rock & Roll" or "Rainbow Rising" or something. (Silver Mountain actually, but there's already a band with that name).
Doogie White has done a great job with both melodic rock and harder rocking stuff, I think if they did an all-eras reunion he might be the best choice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If RAINBOW reunited...   If RAINBOW reunited... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If RAINBOW reunited...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next