Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Paul Gilbert playing a heavy version of Mr. Big song

Go down 
+2
MetalRob331
Troublezone
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Paul Gilbert playing a heavy version of Mr. Big song Empty
PostSubject: Paul Gilbert playing a heavy version of Mr. Big song   Paul Gilbert playing a heavy version of Mr. Big song Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 10:19 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnMbvBN488k&NR=1
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Paul Gilbert playing a heavy version of Mr. Big song   Paul Gilbert playing a heavy version of Mr. Big song Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 4:07 am

I actually thought Mr. Big was a great band. Paul Gilbert is great in w/e he does and Mr. Big had one great singer..
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus
Metal student
Metal student
Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 121

PostSubject: Re: Paul Gilbert playing a heavy version of Mr. Big song   Paul Gilbert playing a heavy version of Mr. Big song Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 7:39 am

Ugh...love Mr. Big....love Gilbert's playing....but also love "To Be With You"....he needs to leave it alone. Eric sang that song really well, and the acoustic vibe worked. That "metal" version was...well...not great.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Paul Gilbert playing a heavy version of Mr. Big song   Paul Gilbert playing a heavy version of Mr. Big song Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 9:37 am

Love Paul in Racer X, love his solo work. I could never get into Mr. Big though. And as far as that video, it was a terrible version of the song, but I get the feeling it was more of Paul just showing-off/goofing-off while giving the fans something to talk about. Eh, good for him.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Paul Gilbert playing a heavy version of Mr. Big song   Paul Gilbert playing a heavy version of Mr. Big song Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 10:50 am

I love Mr.Big. Billy Sheehan rules~
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Paul Gilbert playing a heavy version of Mr. Big song   Paul Gilbert playing a heavy version of Mr. Big song Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 11:33 am

I loved it!! I don't think he was trying to make an artistic statement. Like he
said, he's had to play that song thousands of times, so he decided to
change it up and have fun with it.To Be With You played to the tune of Ain't Talkin' Bout Love. What's not to like?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Paul Gilbert playing a heavy version of Mr. Big song   Paul Gilbert playing a heavy version of Mr. Big song Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 1:41 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:
I loved it!! I don't think he was trying to make an artistic statement. Like he
said, he's had to play that song thousands of times, so he decided to
change it up and have fun with it.To Be With You played to the tune of Ain't Talkin' Bout Love. What's not to like?

Your right it wasn't meant as serious, it was just him having a little fun with the song at a guitar clinic. I thought it was a fun alternative to the boring original.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paul Gilbert playing a heavy version of Mr. Big song   Paul Gilbert playing a heavy version of Mr. Big song Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 1:47 pm

Mr. Big is easily one of my Top 5 from the era...Eric Martin is an amazing singer...Gilbert is a weird genius on guitar...the songs they wrote together are among the best the genre ever produced...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paul Gilbert playing a heavy version of Mr. Big song   Paul Gilbert playing a heavy version of Mr. Big song Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Paul Gilbert playing a heavy version of Mr. Big song
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: