Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tales from the Crypt

Go down 
+7
mc666
MetalGuy71
DallasBlack
Fat Freddy
scottmitchell74
MetalRob331
Troublezone
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Tales from the Crypt Empty
PostSubject: Tales from the Crypt   Tales from the Crypt Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 4:07 am

I got the first two complete seasons on dvd this past christmas and i intend to get them all. I loved this show growing up! Anyone else a fan?
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Tales from the Crypt   Tales from the Crypt Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 4:15 am

awesome show. Loved the movies as well especially Demon Night which had one killer sdtk..
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Tales from the Crypt   Tales from the Crypt Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 8:03 am

Loved it!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Tales from the Crypt   Tales from the Crypt Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 8:38 am

Great show. I used to have a whole mess of'em on VHS (taped off of HBO) years back but lost'em in a basement flooding incident (Grrrrrr!).

My favorite episode was "And All Through The House," with the psychotic Santa trying to break in on a woman and her daughter.

The TFTC movie "Bordello Of Blood" was a hoot as well!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Tales from the Crypt   Tales from the Crypt Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 9:20 am

I liked it quite a bit. However, it's been so long I don't remember much of it. Once I pay my debt off this year I will be buying some DVD box sets that I can't afford right now and I will definatly add some TftC to the list.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Tales from the Crypt   Tales from the Crypt Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 8:49 pm

I too loved watching episodes back when they first aired on HBO, but I haven't seen them in years. I'v picked up the dvd sets a few times in the store, but then move onto something else.

How do the episodes hold up after all this time?
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Tales from the Crypt   Tales from the Crypt Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 12:39 am

i still have one with Traci Lords on it, that i taped from tv back when i was a kid & it was on HBO (i think).

EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Tales from the Crypt   Tales from the Crypt Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 3:28 am

I guess it's one of those things where you have to be a certain age to know. I remember going to Knott's Scary Farm and seeing something that had to do will "Tales From The Crypt" but I still don't know. I'll look into it though.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Tales from the Crypt   Tales from the Crypt Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 11:27 am

Great show! I had a ton of 'em on tape. I bought the first season so far. I really like Tales From The Darkside as well. Where are the damn dvds of that? angry
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Tales from the Crypt   Tales from the Crypt Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 11:33 am

Has anyone seen the old movie called Tales From The Crypt? Both it and the show were based on the same comic (although only one story from the movie is found in the comic). I actually liked it quite a bit and the story about the Monkey's Paw was particularly creepy at the end. There was a sequal called Vault of Horror (which I haven't seen) and both were released on a double DVD. Now there is something I CAN afford and definatly want to get ASAP.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Tales from the Crypt   Tales from the Crypt Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 11:36 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Has anyone seen the old movie called Tales From The Crypt? Both it and the show were based on the same comic (although only one story from the movie is found in the comic).

I assume you're talking about the early 70s movie? I have seen it, though it's been years. Both the movies and the TV series were inspired by the old E.C. Comics series from the 1950s ("Vault Of Horror" was the title of another E.C. horror comic)

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Tales from the Crypt   Tales from the Crypt Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 1:45 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I too loved watching episodes back when they first aired on HBO, but I haven't seen them in years. I'v picked up the dvd sets a few times in the store, but then move onto something else.

How do the episodes hold up after all this time?

They're great. Especially if you haven't seen them in a long time.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Tales from the Crypt   Tales from the Crypt Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 6:55 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Great show. I used to have a whole mess of'em on VHS (taped off of HBO) years back but lost'em in a basement flooding incident (Grrrrrr!).

My favorite episode was "And All Through The House," with the psychotic Santa trying to break in on a woman and her daughter.

The TFTC movie "Bordello Of Blood" was a hoot as well!

I thought I would dig out some old threads, and this seems like a good place to start. I loved that episode. My brother and I used to be big fans of this series. It was a great way to spend a weekend night with the younger bro. Somehow in the late 80's/early 90's, I was able to convince my parents of subscribing to both HBO and Showtime (and I would pay). They became such avid watchers of both channels that I think they ended up eventually paying for the subscription. Anyways, "Tales From the Crypt" was a fav, along with "Dream On".

Anyways, my favorite episode was "Cutting Cards" from 1990. If you haven't seen the episode, I won't give much away. It basically deals with two Las Vegas big wigs (Sam & Reno) who don't envision the town being big enough for the both of them. What's the best way to settle such an issue? Poker of course, but only in the most extreme ways imaginable. An absolutely hilarious ending!!!
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

Number of posts : 752

PostSubject: Re: Tales from the Crypt   Tales from the Crypt Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 7:50 pm

We did not have the show in Poland in any huge capacity but I am a huge fan anyhow. One of the most fun shows ever along with Monty Python's Flying Circus.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tales from the Crypt   Tales from the Crypt Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tales from the Crypt
Page 1 of 1