Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bruce Springsteen

Go down 
+10
DeathCult
EvyMetal
kmorg
MetalGuy71
777Stryken777
TrogDawn
Fat Freddy
Olafsto
ultmetal
Mglaffas81
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

Bruce Springsteen Empty
PostSubject: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 9:47 am

Any fans?

- I love Springsteen! He was part of the soundtrack of my youth.

Anyone got his new album? It's great 🤘

Long Live Master Bruce! humble
Back to top Go down

Bruce Springsteen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 9:50 am

I respect a young guy like yourself who is into him, but he never did much for me. I like some individual songs.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Bruce Springsteen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 9:55 am

Kmorg is a big fan.

I've never really cared for his music.

ult

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Bruce Springsteen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 9:56 am

spectrefate wrote:
I respect a young guy like yourself who is into him, but he never did much for me. I like some individual songs.

Cool. I guess "Born In the USA" would be one of them? - Unless you've been living under a rock your whole life, I don't think there is anyone that haven't at least heard the NAME - Major hit, but great song!
Back to top Go down

Bruce Springsteen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 9:58 am

Never cared for Born in the USA. Dancing in the Dark, Born To Run, Thunder Road, and Hungry Heart are the ones I dig.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Bruce Springsteen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 10:03 am

spectrefate wrote:
Never cared for Born in the USA. Dancing in the Dark, Born To Run, Thunder Road, and Hungry Heart are the ones I dig.

Yeah, I love those songs - Born in the USA was never my favourite either, just saying that even though a song is a major hit, doesn't mean it can't kick ass 🤘
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

Bruce Springsteen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 12:47 pm

I`m a huge Bruce fan!!!!!
I own all his studio albums, The River was my introduction to his music. Still one of my most played albums!
And yeah, The new album is GREAT!!!!!!!!!!
I`m a fan of all his work, both with the e street band, and his solo albums
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

Bruce Springsteen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 1:04 pm

I live in New Jersey, where Bruce Springsteen is constantly rammed down our throats 24-7 by all the rock radio stations. I got nothing against the guy but he's not my thing.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

Bruce Springsteen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 3:24 pm

"Cadillac, Cadillac! Long and dark, shiny and black!" Bruce Springsteen 604261

Bruce Springsteen Bruce
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
777Stryken777
Metal novice
Metal novice
777Stryken777

Number of posts : 60

Bruce Springsteen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 7:14 pm

I was raised on Bruce!

"Born in the USA" is his absolute WORST album, by the way. Judging Bruce by that album is like judging Kiss by Dynasty, or Metallica by Load, or Queen by Hot Space, or... well, you get the picture!

My favorite album is "Darkness on the Edge of Town." Gritty, raw, loud rock'n'roll with amazing lyrics. Check out "Adam Raised A Cain" if you like gritty hard rock...
Back to top Go down

Bruce Springsteen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 7:22 pm

Mglaffas81 wrote:
spectrefate wrote:
Cool. I guess "Born In the USA" would be one of them? - Unless you've been living under a rock your whole life, I don't think there is anyone that haven't at least heard the NAME - Major hit, but great song!
I hate that song. I'm sure since it's so catchy it was once a great song, but I've heard it a gazillion times and I now can't stand it. I don't even listen to radio. This is just one of those songs that you hear everywhere!

He's done some other good songs, but I don't know many of them outside of the few I've heard.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Bruce Springsteen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 8:46 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I live in New Jersey, where Bruce Springsteen is constantly rammed down our throats 24-7 by all the rock radio stations. I got nothing against the guy but he's not my thing.

Same here. He's legendary in Philly too, but not my thing.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Bruce Springsteen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 1:40 am

"Badlands" was the first song I heard from him, at the age if four - From that day on, I have been a loyal fan!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Bruce Springsteen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 3:09 am

Wow, where were all you guys when I made a Bruce thread here when this ection was new? angry Laughing

Ast ult said, I love Bruce Springsteen, and I'm seing him live again for the second time this upcoming summer, with the E-Street band! My introduction to him, besides hering him on radio, seeing him an Live Aid and MTV etc., was the tripple live album from 1985. My wife used to have it as a 5 LP box, and it tired out that a friend of mine had the CD. So whenever these 2 came together, they cranked those discs. The 10 minute version of "The River" made me a fan. I love most of his stuff, but I had a hard time with his first albums. The new one is good too, but it will not become a classic. I also love his "darker" stuff, like Nebraska, Devils & Dust and Ghost of Tom Joad.

Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

Bruce Springsteen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 5:29 pm

I guess it's a small world, because I was born in the USA as well.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Bruce Springsteen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 2:55 am

lol!

Metal novice
Metal novice
777Stryken777

Number of posts : 60

Bruce Springsteen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 7:15 pm

Quote :
My wife used to have it as a 5 LP box

I still have that on vinyl, can't seem to let go of it!
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

Bruce Springsteen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 12:13 pm

I have three of his albums Born To Run, Darkness On The Edge Of Town & Born In The U.S.A. Other than those, I really haven't gone into much more of his music. And yes, living in Jersey, he's on the radio and thrown at us wayyyyyy too much. So is Bon Jovi damnit angry
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Bruce Springsteen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 9:47 pm

Not a fan. He's not bad, It's just not my thing.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Bruce Springsteen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 4:36 am

777Stryken777 wrote:
Quote :
My wife used to have it as a 5 LP box

I still have that on vinyl, can't seem to let go of it!

Great box. Me and my wife are on the second CD box now. The first one got won out, and somehow we lost one of the CD's, so I bought a new one!

Metal student
Metal student
Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 121

Bruce Springsteen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 11:20 am

I always thought I liked Born In The USA. Heck it was part of the soundtrack of my youth, as I came of age in the 80's in America. But just the other day, this song came on a classic rock station I sometimes listen to. I listened, really listened, to the song. My opinion now? This SUCKS!

This man cannot sing. For the life of me I cannot figure out how he managed to build such a career and following.
Back to top Go down

Bruce Springsteen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 6:17 pm

Hell yeah! The Boss rocks.

My favorite albums by him are Born In The U.S.A., Born To Run, Live 1975-85, and The Rising. I have yet to pick up his latest, though.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Bruce Springsteen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 2:05 pm

I respect him and his music, but I have never really cared much for listening to his stuff other than when it would come on the radio. Peace.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Bruce Springsteen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 4:11 pm

I like a lot of Springsteen; can't stand Born though.

My favorite album is The River.

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

Bruce Springsteen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 8:33 pm

The only reason I actually bought Born In The U.S.A. was for "Dancing In The Dark"
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Sponsored content

Bruce Springsteen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bruce Springsteen
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next