Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Misheard lyrics

Go down 
+35
Witchfinder
mikeinfla
TheGreatDuck
MoonChild
Mglaffas81
Boris2008
corplhicks
stepcousin
bgsully
chewie
TheDoctor'sScarf
Svengo
Dave the Boss
metalmaniac122
TheGooch
Tall Tyrion
skullsmasher
akeldama
SAHB Healer
powermacho
Stender
HellRaiser
DeathCult
skullkrusher
XYZ
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
Troublezone
tohostudios
the sentinel
Invader
KissinMaiden
Metal Misfit
Fat Freddy
Required Fields
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37557

Misheard lyrics - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Misheard lyrics   Misheard lyrics - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 9:58 am

Was listening to Iron Maiden's POWERSLAVE earlier today and during the song "Flash of the Blade," it occurred to me that the lyric: "You live for the touch/for the feel of the steel/one man and his honor" sounds more like "...one man and his Otter."

Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Misheard lyrics   Misheard lyrics - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 12:00 pm

Crimson Glory - Lonely
Actual lyrics: But she's playing her same old song
Misheard lyrics: Mullets playing their same old song

Cloven Hoof - Laying Down The Law
Actual lyrics: No back alley hoodlum's gonna muscle in on my territory
Misheard lyrics: No back alley hoodlum's gonna muscle on my terrortree

Mercyful Fate - The Oath
Actual lyrics: Come come, the master will join us
Misheard lyrics: Come come, the master v*gina
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Misheard lyrics   Misheard lyrics - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 9:00 am

D.A.D.'s "Riskin' It All":

Actual lyric: "Riskin it all, you kill yourself for peanuts"
Misheard lyric: "Riskin it all, you kill yourself for penis"

Seriously. That's what I thought it said when I first heard this song. Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Misheard lyrics   Misheard lyrics - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 9:08 am

My friends and I were stupid teenagers.....

King Diamond "The Family Ghost"

Actual lyric: "Take a look into the vault"
Misheard lyrics: "Take a *racial slur* to the park"
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Misheard lyrics   Misheard lyrics - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 11:13 am

Listening to Warrior Soul's DRUGS, GOD AND THE NEW REPUBLIC right now and am reminded of when my brother first heard the chorus of track "Rocket 88" ("I'm a rocket, rocket 88...") he thought Kory was saying "I'm a rockin', rockin' idiot." Misheard lyrics - Page 3 201269

Back to top Go down
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

PostSubject: Re: Misheard lyrics   Misheard lyrics - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 6:17 pm

This thread reminds me of when I was a kid and first heard Van Halen's "And The Cradle Will Rock" and thought for sure that Roth was singing "and Greedo will rock". I thought, cool he likes Star Wars too.

Man I loved Star Wars as a kid. Misheard lyrics - Page 3 Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Misheard lyrics   Misheard lyrics - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 10:14 am

Misheard lyrics - Page 3 83628

Got a new one... was listening to EZO's "FIRE FIRE" today and while the song "Wild Talk" was playing, the guy at the desk next to me asked "Why are they singing "White Power?" Laughing very hard

I made sure to show the guy the CD and explain that the band was Japanese and therefore the singer's accent was kinda thick, didn't want him to think I'm some kind of racist. Laughing

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Misheard lyrics   Misheard lyrics - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 3:31 pm

Was just listening to Razor's MALICIOUS INTENT album and on the track "Cage the Ragers," it sounds like he's saying "Catch the reindeer!"

Back to top Go down
TheDoctor'sScarf
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 492

PostSubject: Re: Misheard lyrics   Misheard lyrics - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 4:44 pm

In the Diamond Head song "Sweet and Innocent" there's a line that goes "You reach it easily, makes me wanna cry," which has always sounded more like "You reach for your insulin, makes me wanna cry," to me.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Misheard lyrics   Misheard lyrics - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 4:26 pm

Misheard lyrics - Page 3 83628-ing an oldie cuz this is just too damn funny...

I was listening to Nirvana's Bleach in the truck w/the kids earlier ... the song "Negative Creep" comes on ... my son misheard the chorus "I'm a negative creep, I'm a negative creep" and pipes up from the back seat, "Daddy, why is this guy singing 'I'm a naked freak, I'm a naked freak'?"

... that song's ruined for me forever now... from now on whenever I hear it I just know I'm gonna sing my son's version over it Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Misheard lyrics   Misheard lyrics - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 4:42 pm

My kids did that with Bad Company's "Feel Like Makin' Love"

They were singing "Feel my naked love..............." I was like.........what?!??!?!?!

Kids are friggin' hilarious!!!!!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Misheard lyrics   Misheard lyrics - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 2:43 pm

Listening to the Beatles' 'Ticket to Ride' not long ago in the car, my son started singing "She's got a chicken to ride" in the chorus. His sister and I thought it was hilarious.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28367

PostSubject: Re: Misheard lyrics   Misheard lyrics - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 6:16 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Was just listening to Razor's MALICIOUS INTENT album and on the track "Cage the Ragers," it sounds like he's saying "Catch the reindeer!"

On topic of Razor, another Christmas related Razor misheard lyric I heard from someone else.

"Corruption as they fight the fight!"

Someone thought the lyrics were, "Christmas Day, we fight the fight!"
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

PostSubject: Re: Misheard lyrics   Misheard lyrics - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 7:36 pm

A couple favorites:

First one is mine:

I can't remember which track, but there's a lyric on Metal Church's "The Dark" album which says:

"I'm shakin' and I'm thinkin'"

which I misheard as "I'm a chicken on a mission". I was never able to hear that song again without giggling.

Second one:

AC/DC - What's Next To The Moon?

Actual lyric: "Long arm looking for a fingerprint"

Dumbass lead singer of cover band I used to roadie for sang it as "Don Juan looking for a fingerprint."

Razz
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28367

PostSubject: Re: Misheard lyrics   Misheard lyrics - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 8:48 pm

S.D. wrote:
First one is mine:

I can't remember which track, but there's a lyric on Metal Church's "The Dark" album which says:

"I'm shakin' and I'm thinkin'"

which I misheard as "I'm a chicken on a mission". I was never able to hear that song again without giggling.

That would be the title track.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Misheard lyrics   Misheard lyrics - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 10:28 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Misheard lyrics - Page 3 83628-ing an oldie cuz this is just too damn funny...

I was listening to Nirvana's Bleach in the truck w/the kids earlier ... the song "Negative Creep" comes on ... my son misheard the chorus "I'm a negative creep, I'm a negative creep" and pipes up from the back seat, "Daddy, why is this guy singing 'I'm a naked freak, I'm a naked freak'?"

... that song's ruined for me forever now... from now on whenever I hear it I just know I'm gonna sing my son's version over it Laughing very hard

My five year old has done it to me again!! When I got home tonight I had a new CD waiting for me - the "Growing Up Is No Fun" compilation by the Huntingtons (featuring our very own Cliffy on guitar!) ... anyway, I put it on for a quick spin and when the song "No Pool Party Tonight" came on, my son sez "Daddy, is he saying Don't Poop On It Tonight?" -- I damn near died laughin.'

I just KNOW that from now on, whenever I play that CD forever and ever till the end of time, I'm gonna sing "Don't Poop On It Tonight" instead of the real words.

Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Misheard lyrics   Misheard lyrics - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 11:45 pm

Type O Negative on 'Kill All The White People' Peter says, "Kill them all men, kill them all!" And a few years back I was jamming it @ work when a former boss who is a devoted LDS walked in and thought it said, "Kill the Mormons, kill them all!".
Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: Misheard lyrics   Misheard lyrics - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 4:17 pm

Years ago, my brother heard Crawl To China by Tourniquet and thought they were saying "Call Vagina!".....the worst part is, that's exactly what it sounds like. lol
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Misheard lyrics   Misheard lyrics - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 8:05 pm

when I was a kid back in 1976 I would listen to "Anthem" off of Rush's Fly By Night.....

What Geddy says: We marvel after those who sought, new wonders in the world

I thought he said: How we marveled after Gold-N-Soft (the margarine)

also Temples Of Syrinx:

We've taken care of everything
The words you hear the songs you sing
The pictures that give pleasure to your eyes.

the last line I always thought he said: "The pictures have been plugged into your eyes". listen to it, I swear that's what he says to this day.
Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: Misheard lyrics   Misheard lyrics - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 3:44 pm

Back in high school I over heard a guy singing...and I quote: "Die by my hand! I creep across the land! Killing's good for man!" Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Misheard lyrics   Misheard lyrics - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 4:44 pm

From Made in Japan. Smoke on the water:

A f*cking claw was running in and out
Burning it down the ground.

Actual lyrics:
Uh, funky Claude was running in and out
Pulling kids out the ground.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Misheard lyrics   Misheard lyrics - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 1:44 pm

I'm not going to pretend that I really misheard mine, I just thought that it sounded a bit like that so started singing the funnier lyric

Metallica - The four Horsemen

Misheard - Or chew your face and die.
Actual - Or choose your fate and die.

Death - Zombie Ritual.

Misheard - Zombies wish you well
Actual - Zombie ritual

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Misheard lyrics   Misheard lyrics - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 2:13 pm

Quote :
I'm not going to pretend that I really misheard mine, I just thought that it sounded a bit like that so started singing the funnier lyric

I do the same thing with song lyrics all the time. I was listening to KISS' "Secretly Cruel" (from Asylum) earlier today and it occurred to me that the song would take on a whole new dimension if you sing the chorus as "Secretly A Dude." Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Misheard lyrics   Misheard lyrics - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 4:46 pm

Pantera, "Domination"
Actual lyric: "pushed into living Hell"
Misheard lyric: "pushed into mini-vans"
...I swear, that's what it's always sounded like to me!!

Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Misheard lyrics   Misheard lyrics - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 6:25 pm

ZZ Top, Gimme all your Lovin'

misheard: "I've got the hammer shot"
actual: "I've got to have a shot"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Misheard lyrics   Misheard lyrics - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Misheard lyrics
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next