Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Attention Aerosmith Fans!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Attention Aerosmith Fans! Empty
PostSubject: Attention Aerosmith Fans!   Attention Aerosmith Fans! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 8:07 pm

I collect metal DVDs almost as frequently as metal CDs. I want a good Aerosmith DVD that shows their older material (pre 80's). Does this exist? I used to have the Aerosmith Video Scrapbook on VHS years ago and loved it. It had all the good stuff from the 70's on it, including videos for Chiquita and Lightning Strikes. Anything available on DVD similar to that? If not, what is a good Aerosmith DVD to look for?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Attention Aerosmith Fans!   Attention Aerosmith Fans! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 8:13 pm

I want the Video Scrapbook and Texxas Jam '78 released on DVD. So far
both have only been officially released on VHS. There are tons of
bootlegs available of the 70's stuff, but nothing official that I know
of. If you find out differently, let me know.

ult

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Attention Aerosmith Fans!   Attention Aerosmith Fans! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 11:26 pm

If provided with tape copies, I could master the transfers with good picture quality onto a DVD. But no, there's nothing offical I've seen. I've never been big into Aerosmith, but I saw a few bootlegs of pretty good concerts from the mid-70's
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Attention Aerosmith Fans!   Attention Aerosmith Fans! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 10:10 am

I love the TEXXAS JAM '78 material. Ted Nugent makes a guest appearance
on stage for "Milk Cow Blues". However, the band (and specifically
Tyler) are TOASTED! His eyes are barely open and you don't see him even
crack a smile until the end of the set (after Milk Cow Blues).

PostSubject: Re: Attention Aerosmith Fans!   Attention Aerosmith Fans! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 6:21 pm

Ult's collection has pretty much turned me off of re-buying my Aerosmith CDs. I have three or so that I've picked up over the years, but I sold most while in the Air Force. I regret it, but now I have more of a collector's mentality than I did in 1996. So once I begin rebuilding my Aero collection, I have a ton of crap to buy this time! Haha. And that's daunting. I actually have the "Livin' On The Edge" CD single with the two non-LP tracks coming now from SwapaCD...so it may have already begun! affraid

I actually really miss their early albums. I have nothing before Permanent Vacation right now (I may not even have that one).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention Aerosmith Fans!   Attention Aerosmith Fans! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 6:29 pm

I cheated. I bought Done with Mirrors for $2.99 on Secondspin.com, bought the Geffen Records 3 pack set (P.Vacation, Pump, Get A Grip) for $13.00 new, and bought the Box of Fire for $90.00. I figure for new copies of all the albums minus Done with Mirrors for $116.00 dollars, I was making out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention Aerosmith Fans!   Attention Aerosmith Fans! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 6:59 pm

spectrefate wrote:
I cheated. I bought Done with Mirrors for $2.99 on Secondspin.com, bought the Geffen Records 3 pack set (P.Vacation, Pump, Get A Grip) for $13.00 new, and bought the Box of Fire for $90.00. I figure for new copies of all the albums minus Done with Mirrors for $116.00 dollars, I was making out.
Box Of Fire is actually probably what I'll buy. I used to own the long version of Pandora's Box. Solid it! Pffft! I sold a ton of good stuff back in the day. I had every Zeppelin box set, too. Sold 'em. Dorm rooms are way too small for a collectory.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention Aerosmith Fans!   Attention Aerosmith Fans! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 7:38 pm

ultmetal wrote:

I read in the autobiography of Aerosmith that he was so blitzed that they had to tape the lyrics to the stage.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Attention Aerosmith Fans!   Attention Aerosmith Fans! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 11:20 pm

Androcles wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

I read in the autobiography of Aerosmith that he was so blitzed that they had to tape the lyrics to the stage.

Well, if that were true, he forgot to read them. He messes up the lyrics all over the place. lol!

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

PostSubject: Re: Attention Aerosmith Fans!   Attention Aerosmith Fans! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 11:33 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Ult's collection has pretty much turned me off of re-buying my Aerosmith CDs. I have three or so that I've picked up over the years, but I sold most while in the Air Force. I regret it, but now I have more of a collector's mentality than I did in 1996. So once I begin rebuilding my Aero collection, I have a ton of crap to buy this time! Haha. And that's daunting. I actually have the "Livin' On The Edge" CD single with the two non-LP tracks coming now from SwapaCD...so it may have already begun! affraid

I actually really miss their early albums. I have nothing before Permanent Vacation right now (I may not even have that one).

Hey Eyesore, is "SawpaCD" world-wide, or just U.S. ? It sounds like a really cool site. And is it only for "swapping" ..?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention Aerosmith Fans!   Attention Aerosmith Fans! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 12:15 am

Yeah, just US, unfortunately. Someone in the UK would be wise to come up with something similar; they'd probably make a ton of money. But there's problem some stupid law from 1624 that prohibits this sort of thing or taxes it so much someone couldn't make a profit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Attention Aerosmith Fans!   Attention Aerosmith Fans! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Attention Aerosmith Fans!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: