Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

X - Cops

Go down 
+3
nevermore
Fat Freddy
mc666
7 posters
AuthorMessage

X - Cops Empty
PostSubject: X - Cops   X - Cops Icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2007 11:06 am

Band members

Main

• Lt. Louie Scrapinetti - Guitar + Beretta 9 mm
  • Cadet Billy Club - Drums + Uzi 9 mm
  • Patrolman Cobb Knobbler - Bass + .357 Magnum
  • Sgt. Al Depantsia - Guitar + Colt .22
  • Sheriff Tubb Tucker - Vocals + Shotgun

Auxiliary

• Mountain Bike Officer Biff Buff - Vocals + Police Issue .45
  • Sgt. Zypygski - Vocals + Taser
  • Detective Phillip McRevis - Samples + Snub Nose .38
lol!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

X - Cops Empty
PostSubject: Re: X - Cops   X - Cops Icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2007 12:10 pm

i sent thier "Right To Remain Silent" disc to my brother in law, who works for the DC metro police. he didn't get it...

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37639

X - Cops Empty
PostSubject: Re: X - Cops   X - Cops Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2007 3:24 pm

I had this album on cassette when it first came out but the tape crapped out on me years ago and I have yet to find it on CD. Some pretty funny (but twisted) stuff.

I read an interview with Dave Brockie (aka Oderus Urungus of GWAR) years ago about the X-Cops project and he told a funny story about when they first went on the road touring the X-Cops album, the record label thought it would be funny to keep it secret that the X-Cops were actually the GWAR guys in cop drag. So they would play the opening set as the X-Cops and then headline as GWAR. The whole time they were using GWAR's instruments and equipment, constantly making references to GWAR while on stage, but nobody realized it was them in different suits, they had people heckling 'em and telling'em "F**k you, get outta here, we want GWAR!" Brockie said that after a few disastrous shows he was standing up there on stage dodging flying objects during the X-Cops set thinking to himself "Somebody PLEASE get the joke soon before we get killed..."
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

X - Cops Empty
PostSubject: Re: X - Cops   X - Cops Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2023 10:36 am

Mega-ultra-necro-thread bump!

Brutal Planet Records (the "secular" sub label of Retroactive Records) has just re-issued X-Cops' You Have The Right To Remain Silent! I ordered a copy this past Friday. I'm stoked, cuz as my 2007 self said in the post above, I had this one on tape when it first came out in '95 but it got eaten by my car stereo a few years later and I've never even seen a CD copy.  Nice to finally fill this long standing hole in my GWAR collection. Better late than never!

https://boonesoverstock.com/collections/brutal-planet-records/products/x-cops-you-have-the-right-to-remain-silent-new-cd-2023-brutal-planet-crossover-metal-side-project-members-of-gwar

X - Cops X-Cops_CD_card_1024x1024_ff2dfcbd-f213-4bc9-bb72-299a81cace98_470x

Quote :
Originally released in 1995 on Metal Blade Records, You Have the Right to Remain Silent is shock rock from members of the band Gwar and other musicians connected to the band. Peter Lee started this band after being shot in a failed car jacking attempt. The idea for X-Cops sparked while filming a commercial segment for Gwar's Skulhedface. Lee and Dave Brockie were dressed as police officers and Lee pondered, "What would be cooler than a bunch of cops playing kick-ass rock and roll?" This led to Lee, Brockie and Gwar's drum technician, Mike Dunn, starting X-Cops as a three-piece band. You Have the Right to Remain Silent is more metal-oriented than what GWAR was releasing at the time (1995), with speed metal riffs, drums & relentless energy. While the lyrics are roll-on-the-floor laughable (intentionally), the music is seriously amazing. The cover of Deep Purple's 'Highway Star' has to be the best cover ever of this classic song - (lyrically enhanced and all!). 'Barbells', 'Cavity Search', 'Welcome To New Jersey', 'Paddy Wagon Rape' are all fans favorites to this day. Highly recommended for those with a taste for offensive/tasteless/sick humor! If you're a fan of GWAR & know what GWAR's all about, then you've been missing out & should pick up this remastered album right away! X-Cops is an essential listening experience! This the first CD reissue of this cult classic - fully remastered by elite sound-smith, Rob Collwell (Bombworks Sound) and comes with a free Ltd band Collector Card. Limited to just 500 copies world-wide, so order now to secure your copy.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25827

X - Cops Empty
PostSubject: Re: X - Cops   X - Cops Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2023 10:43 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

Brutal Planet Records (the "secular" sub label of Retroactive Records) has just re-issued X-Cops' You Have The Right To Remain Silent! I ordered a copy this past Friday. I'm stoked, cuz as my 2007 self said in the post above, I had this one on tape when it first came out in '95 but it got eaten by my car stereo a few years later and I've never even seen a CD copy.  Nice to finally fill this long standing hole in my GWAR collection. Better late than never!

https://boonesoverstock.com/collections/brutal-planet-records/products/x-cops-you-have-the-right-to-remain-silent-new-cd-2023-brutal-planet-crossover-metal-side-project-members-of-gwar

X - Cops X-Cops_CD_card_1024x1024_ff2dfcbd-f213-4bc9-bb72-299a81cace98_470x

Quote :
Originally released in 1995 on Metal Blade Records, You Have the Right to Remain Silent is shock rock from members of the band Gwar and other musicians connected to the band. Peter Lee started this band after being shot in a failed car jacking attempt. The idea for X-Cops sparked while filming a commercial segment for Gwar's Skulhedface. Lee and Dave Brockie were dressed as police officers and Lee pondered, "What would be cooler than a bunch of cops playing kick-ass rock and roll?" This led to Lee, Brockie and Gwar's drum technician, Mike Dunn, starting X-Cops as a three-piece band. You Have the Right to Remain Silent is more metal-oriented than what GWAR was releasing at the time (1995), with speed metal riffs, drums & relentless energy. While the lyrics are roll-on-the-floor laughable (intentionally), the music is seriously amazing. The cover of Deep Purple's 'Highway Star' has to be the best cover ever of this classic song - (lyrically enhanced and all!). 'Barbells', 'Cavity Search', 'Welcome To New Jersey', 'Paddy Wagon Rape' are all fans favorites to this day. Highly recommended for those with a taste for offensive/tasteless/sick humor! If you're a fan of GWAR & know what GWAR's all about, then you've been missing out & should pick up this remastered album right away! X-Cops is an essential listening experience!  This the first CD reissue of this cult classic - fully remastered by elite sound-smith, Rob Collwell (Bombworks Sound) and comes with a free Ltd band Collector Card. Limited to just 500 copies world-wide, so order now to secure your copy.

I still have my original cd of this. Haven't played it in quite some time. I should remedy that.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17068

X - Cops Empty
PostSubject: Re: X - Cops   X - Cops Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2023 11:19 am

The vocals sorta sound like Phil Anselmo. It’s like something Dime and Pantera would do as a joke on their home videos.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

X - Cops Empty
PostSubject: Re: X - Cops   X - Cops Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2023 12:56 pm

Troublezone wrote:
The vocals sorta sound like Phil Anselmo.

...it was 1995. EVERYBODY sounded like Phil Anselmo. Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

X - Cops Empty
PostSubject: Re: X - Cops   X - Cops Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2023 2:23 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
The vocals sorta sound like Phil Anselmo.

...it was 1995. EVERYBODY sounded like Phil Anselmo. Laughing very hard

It’s Phil Anselmo meets the Mentors!   lol!

“Third Leg” is almost like a reworked version of “Use My Third Arm”.
Not the music exactly… just the idea and approach. Even the lyrics are the same concept: gun/dick.

There’s no doubt that the Gwar guys were somewhat influenced by 1994’s Far Beyond Driven.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

X - Cops Empty
PostSubject: Re: X - Cops   X - Cops Icon_minitimeThu May 04, 2023 5:39 pm

Got my X-Cops CD in the mail today. Woohoo, that was fast!

...and it even came with a cool bonus X-Cops trading card (!)
X - Cops 20230510

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

X - Cops Empty
PostSubject: Re: X - Cops   X - Cops Icon_minitimeThu May 04, 2023 6:55 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Got my X-Cops CD in the mail today. Woohoo, that was fast!

...and it even came with a cool bonus X-Cops trading card (!)
X - Cops 20230510

You seem really happy about this. Cool!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

X - Cops Empty
PostSubject: Re: X - Cops   X - Cops Icon_minitimeThu May 04, 2023 8:49 pm

Troublezone wrote:

You seem really happy about this. Cool!  

It's always a good feeling when you knock a long time "want" off the list. Very Happy

Troublezone likes this post

Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

X - Cops Empty
PostSubject: Re: X - Cops   X - Cops Icon_minitimeSun May 07, 2023 4:56 am

Any extras on this? I still have my cd, so no need to buy it again unless there is some live stuff or something.

Saw them open for Gwar once, had no idea it was Gwar at the time lol They almost caused a riot. Came out dressed as cops saying the show was cancelled. People got pissed fast and started chanting bullshit over and over. then they dropped the lights, and started playing. I was in the front row, and the whole time I'm watching it didn't dawn on me that they were Gwar until after the show was over. I told them they sucked, even though they didn't, and dude looked at me and smirked. It was balsac, and I was suddenly very nervous. They sprayed me down, and I really hope it was just fake blood with nothing "special" added lol
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

X - Cops Empty
PostSubject: Re: X - Cops   X - Cops Icon_minitimeSun May 07, 2023 4:31 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Any extras on this? I still have my cd, so no need to buy it again unless there is some live stuff or something.

No extras unless you count the trading card, which I doubt is enough of an incentive to make you re-buy. Very Happy

Kinda surprised they didn't tack on the two songs from the 1996 "Beat You Down/Junkie" single for bonus tracks. Oh well. When I made MP3s of the album for my digital library, I just YouTube-to-MP3'd them and added them to the end of the album myself. Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

X - Cops Empty
PostSubject: Re: X - Cops   X - Cops Icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2024 4:24 pm

...the X-Cops have returned to active duty!

https://gwar.net/collections/x-cops

The X-Cops been playing live gigs again over the past year (mostly as the opening act for their alter-egos in GWAR) and there's a new EP called "XCAB" (which apparently stands for "X-Cops Are Beautiful") on the way at the end of June. The first new track "Light 'Em Up" hit YouTube yesterday:

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12604

X - Cops Empty
PostSubject: Re: X - Cops   X - Cops Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2024 10:01 am

Genius of taking yourself out as an opening act and pulling off keeping it in house, as well as hitting the stage with different chops. cool

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25827

X - Cops Empty
PostSubject: Re: X - Cops   X - Cops Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2024 11:49 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
...the X-Cops have returned to active duty!

https://gwar.net/collections/x-cops

The X-Cops been playing live gigs again over the past year (mostly as the opening act for their alter-egos in GWAR) and there's a new EP called "XCAB" (which apparently stands for "X-Cops Are Beautiful") on the way at the end of June. The first new track "Light 'Em Up" hit YouTube yesterday:

This song is ok at best.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 665

X - Cops Empty
PostSubject: Re: X - Cops   X - Cops Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 6:31 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Brutal Planet Records (the "secular" sub label of Retroactive Records) has just re-issued X-Cops' [i]

I don't think Brutal Planet is necessarily the secular sub label of Retroactive Records. My copy of Siloam - Sweet Destiny is on Brutal Planet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

X - Cops Empty
PostSubject: Re: X - Cops   X - Cops Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

X - Cops
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: