Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mudhoney - Superfuzz Bigmuff EP (1988)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

Mudhoney - Superfuzz Bigmuff EP (1988) Empty
PostSubject: Mudhoney - Superfuzz Bigmuff EP (1988)   Mudhoney - Superfuzz Bigmuff EP (1988) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 9:55 pm

Mudhoney - Superfuzz Bigmuff EP (1988) Mudhoneysuperfuzzcover

One of the most explosive rock records ever released, just one big rusty crusty monster metal mash take on 60's punk! It just one of those records that makes everything at the time of its release seem silly by comparison. It was before yet behind its time, old but new. I haven't come across an album that packs this much power other than Iggy And The Stooge's Raw Power album in its original mix.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Mudhoney - Superfuzz Bigmuff EP (1988)   Mudhoney - Superfuzz Bigmuff EP (1988) Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 8:52 am

One of my favorites......

Are we related?!?!?!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: Mudhoney - Superfuzz Bigmuff EP (1988)   Mudhoney - Superfuzz Bigmuff EP (1988) Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 8:00 pm

Its starting to look that way, first the sleaze and now the fuzz!
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: Mudhoney - Superfuzz Bigmuff EP (1988)   Mudhoney - Superfuzz Bigmuff EP (1988) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 3:05 am

I finally broke down yesterday and bought the recent "super duper maxi huge 32 song box set' reissue of this once humble 6 Song EP, after many times of picking it up and putting it down.

Gotta say it's worth it.

The live stuff on it's great plus some demo's and 7" b-sides. I recommend it to anyone who has had their face blasted by this incendiary piece of rock n' roll.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mudhoney - Superfuzz Bigmuff EP (1988)   Mudhoney - Superfuzz Bigmuff EP (1988) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 3:30 am

What? They turned a 6-song EP into a 32-song box set? Haha.

Never did care for these guys. Of course, when I heard them it was probably the early 90s, right about when grunge broke. My tastes may appreciate them now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mudhoney - Superfuzz Bigmuff EP (1988)   Mudhoney - Superfuzz Bigmuff EP (1988) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 7:05 am

Mudhoney never appealed to me, but I like the Green River stuff Mark Arm did with the Pearl Jam guys.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Mudhoney - Superfuzz Bigmuff EP (1988)   Mudhoney - Superfuzz Bigmuff EP (1988) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 9:52 am

I like the song they did on the Singles movie soundtrack. I have a 2 disc anthology that I break out from time to time. Some songs are better than others, but overall it's a fun listen when I want a break from the bone-crushing metal I'm used to torturing my co-workers with.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Mudhoney - Superfuzz Bigmuff EP (1988)   Mudhoney - Superfuzz Bigmuff EP (1988) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 4:40 pm

Spec, give this slab o' MUDHONEY a chance...not too far removed from the GREEN RIVER sound...they got garagier as they went along...I love this album....and the s/t...I fell away from 'em somewhere around "Piece of Cake"

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Mudhoney - Superfuzz Bigmuff EP (1988)   Mudhoney - Superfuzz Bigmuff EP (1988) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 6:41 pm

I first heard Mudhoney with Every Good Boy Deserves Fudge. Later I got Superfuzz Bigmuff on that disc which had the early singles as well. Great stuff. I didn't even know there was a deluxe edition out. It's going on the want list.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mudhoney - Superfuzz Bigmuff EP (1988)   Mudhoney - Superfuzz Bigmuff EP (1988) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mudhoney - Superfuzz Bigmuff EP (1988)
Page 1 of 1