Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ROSE TATTOO

Go down 
+5
Wargod
spiritoradio
MetalGuy71
rattpoison
Shiney
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

ROSE TATTOO Empty
PostSubject: ROSE TATTOO   ROSE TATTOO Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 6:37 pm

Anyone else love this Austalian band?

Early 80's hard rock...

if you dig NAZARETH and AC/DC and you've never heard these guys....

Get on it!!!!!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

ROSE TATTOO Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROSE TATTOO   ROSE TATTOO Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 8:04 pm

Brilliant band and in my opinion Australia's finest hard rock/metal band, your kinda brought up with this band here in Australia along with AC/DC and the Angels (Angel City). My favourite album will always be the first album Rose Tattoo (1978). They are one of the key influences on the 80's sunset strip glam/sleaze scene, particuarly Guns N' Roses and L.A. Guns. And set the template for the 'biker' metal bands of the late 80's and early 90's such as Circus Of Power and the Four Horsemen.

Rose Tattoo - Rock N' Roll Outlaw Promo Video from 1978
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRVvUKKLcoM
Back to top Go down

ROSE TATTOO Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROSE TATTOO   ROSE TATTOO Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 11:38 pm

Heard 'of' em, but never heard em.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

ROSE TATTOO Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROSE TATTOO   ROSE TATTOO Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 3:18 pm

The only cd I have of theirs is the s/t debut, but man oh man, what a scorcher it is!! I've always thought of them as sorta like AC/DC with slide guitar. Just a great hard rockin' band. I found out about them through Guns n Roses respectable cover of Nice Boys, probably like most of America. Keel covered Rock n Roll Outlaw, but the original is much better.
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

ROSE TATTOO Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROSE TATTOO   ROSE TATTOO Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 7:41 pm

I was not familiar with them until I watched that video, but now I think I need to check out some more of them, thanks for posting the topic and vid. I noticed that the signer is like a foot tall, just a small guy.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

ROSE TATTOO Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROSE TATTOO   ROSE TATTOO Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 10:07 am

spiritoradio wrote:
I was not familiar with them until I watched that video, but now I think I need to check out some more of them, thanks for posting the topic and vid. I noticed that the signer is like a foot tall, just a small guy.

Yea, 'Angry' Anderson is a little fidget. He's done some acting too. He was in Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome.
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

ROSE TATTOO Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROSE TATTOO   ROSE TATTOO Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 10:16 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Yea, 'Angry' Anderson is a little fidget. He's done some acting too. He was in Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome.

I also read that he was a reporter for Australia's "A Current Affair". Interesting.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

ROSE TATTOO Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROSE TATTOO   ROSE TATTOO Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 8:29 pm

Legends everyone should have some!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

ROSE TATTOO Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROSE TATTOO   ROSE TATTOO Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 8:16 pm

Bumpitty bump bump!

Thought i'd resurrect this thread cause of the love in with the Angels thats happening on the metal thread (cough* ahem Me and Toho).

This is a cool clip i found of them performing Nice Boys (Don't Play Rock N' Roll) live in 1982.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ik8_iLOMZhs

Seriously if you haven't already get on it!
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

ROSE TATTOO Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROSE TATTOO   ROSE TATTOO Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 8:27 pm

Rose Tattoo is such an awesome band, love em! 🇬🇹
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

ROSE TATTOO Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROSE TATTOO   ROSE TATTOO Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 8:51 pm

As I said in the Angels thread, I've heard of this band (always in the context of completing the Austrailian triad of AC/DC and The Angels), but I've never actually heard them.

Consensus...where should I start investigating them?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

ROSE TATTOO Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROSE TATTOO   ROSE TATTOO Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 9:01 pm

You're a weird one Toho, you have stuff by Kings Of The Sun but not Rose Tattoo Cool .

Okay like the Angels oz and us versions are different, but unlike the Angels their catalogue isn't extensive so 3 classic album from back in the day and couple of solid new ones since they've reformed.

Heres what you need and in this order (these are oz versions by the way which should be easy to get on ebay or gemm)

S/T (1978)
Assault & Battery (1981)
Scarred For Life (1982)

Stone cold classics, if the Angels were the more intelligent new wavey brother of AC/DC then these guys are the rougher bar room brawling brother of AC/DC with killer slide guitar. Again Guns N' Roses and L.A. Guns covered their songs.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

ROSE TATTOO Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROSE TATTOO   ROSE TATTOO Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 9:06 pm

Thanks for the info. Somehow this band slipped under my radar. Part of it is they had ZERO airplay in the US as far as I know. Even The Angels and Kings Of The Sun got some airplay on AOR stations back in the day.

I'll check those albums out ASAP.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

ROSE TATTOO Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROSE TATTOO   ROSE TATTOO Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 9:10 pm

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Rose-Tattoo/dp/B0009UCF2W/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1203559743&sr=8-1

I like to get into a new band (to me) with a Best Of collection.

How does this one look?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

ROSE TATTOO Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROSE TATTOO   ROSE TATTOO Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 9:15 pm

Get it!

It's got all their (non)hits, great comp that was based upon their first best of Angry Metal (1981).

Should be a great place to start.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

ROSE TATTOO Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROSE TATTOO   ROSE TATTOO Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 9:16 pm

Cool...off to order!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

ROSE TATTOO Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROSE TATTOO   ROSE TATTOO Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 9:18 pm

Cool!

Check out their clips i've posted in this thread and youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRVvUKKLcoM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ik8_iLOMZhs
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

ROSE TATTOO Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROSE TATTOO   ROSE TATTOO Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 9:19 pm

Got it for about $16 incl shipping.

Can't wait. I'll be sure to resurrect this thread with my impressions once I listen to it.

Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

ROSE TATTOO Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROSE TATTOO   ROSE TATTOO Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 8:24 am

"Angry Metal" is good as well....

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

ROSE TATTOO Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROSE TATTOO   ROSE TATTOO Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 2:22 pm

Not to get of topic, but I think the singer in Airbourne sounds a little like Angry Anderson. I was listening to them the other day and I thought "The music sounds like AC/DC but the singer sounds like someone else" I couldn't put my finger on it right away. Weird.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

ROSE TATTOO Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROSE TATTOO   ROSE TATTOO Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 4:37 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Not to get of topic, but I think the singer in Airbourne sounds a little like Angry Anderson. I was listening to them the other day and I thought "The music sounds like AC/DC but the singer sounds like someone else" I couldn't put my finger on it right away. Weird.

Damn right, thats what i've said all along. Even Joel from Airbourne says it as well, that his vocals are more Angry Anderson. More pissed off and even down to the little vocal licks like the "yeahs".
Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Number of posts : 535

ROSE TATTOO Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROSE TATTOO   ROSE TATTOO Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 10:58 pm

I've always know about Rose Tattoo but I've never checked them out

this thread insprired me to and I must say Rose Tattoo are a great band and it makes me wonder why I never checked 'em out sooner
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

ROSE TATTOO Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROSE TATTOO   ROSE TATTOO Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 11:10 pm

White_Mage wrote:
Rose Tattoo are a great band and it makes me wonder why I never checked 'em out sooner

Well at 17 discovering Rose Tattoo isn't so bad not unlike veteran heavy metal fans for which this band sadly passed them by without them even knowing, now all you gotta do is check out the Angels (thread in heart of metal) and your right.
Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Number of posts : 535

ROSE TATTOO Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROSE TATTOO   ROSE TATTOO Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 11:39 pm

rattpoison wrote:
White_Mage wrote:
Rose Tattoo are a great band and it makes me wonder why I never checked 'em out sooner

Well at 17 discovering Rose Tattoo isn't so bad not unlike veteran heavy metal fans for which this band sadly passed them by without them even knowing, now all you gotta do is check out the Angels (thread in heart of metal) and your right.

The Angels are a great band thanks for turning me on to them
got that total AC/DC bad-boy boogie thing going on and there singers got bon scott-like set of pipes
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

ROSE TATTOO Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROSE TATTOO   ROSE TATTOO Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 9:43 am

Quote :
Well at 17 discovering Rose Tattoo isn't so bad not unlike veteran heavy metal fans for which this band sadly passed them by without them even knowing, now all you gotta do is check out the Angels (thread in heart of metal) and your right

Ahem!

ROSE TATTOO Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROSE TATTOO   ROSE TATTOO Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ROSE TATTOO
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next