Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rumored track listing for new Stryper CD

Go down 
+7
nevermore
ultmetal
kmorg
Thrasher73
mc666
Fat Freddy
thejokeriv
11 posters
AuthorMessage
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Rumored track listing for new Stryper CD Empty
PostSubject: Rumored track listing for new Stryper CD   Rumored track listing for new Stryper CD Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2007 9:47 pm

According to a posting on the STRYPER fan site Stryped Forever, the tentative track listing of STRYPER's new album — which is expected in March 2008 — is as follows:

01. Murder by Pride
02. Eclipse of the Son
03. Mercy Over Blame
04. Run in You
05. Plan
06. 4 Leaf Clover
07. My Everything
08. I'm Alive (Alive)
09. I Believe
10. My Love I'll Always Show (ROXX REGIME/STRYPER remake)
11. Strong (from Michael Sweet's 2003 solo CD single)
12. Miles Away (from Michael Sweet's 2003 solo CD single)
13. Love Is Why
14. Peace of Mind (BOSTON cover; feat. Tom Scholz)
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: Rumored track listing for new Stryper CD   Rumored track listing for new Stryper CD Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2007 9:54 pm

Cool... hope it's better than REBORN...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Rumored track listing for new Stryper CD   Rumored track listing for new Stryper CD Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2007 10:15 pm

i'm looking forward to it. i liked Reborn as well. i wish they had done More Than A Feeling though for the Boston cover. Michael smokes that one.

Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Rumored track listing for new Stryper CD   Rumored track listing for new Stryper CD Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2007 10:26 pm

Cant wait for this album.I liked Reborn but I hope they go for more solos on this one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rumored track listing for new Stryper CD   Rumored track listing for new Stryper CD Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2007 11:22 pm

Wonder why this was not put in a music forum? I don't normally check in here.

Anyway - I'm looking forward to a new album from Stryper! I've been a longtime fan of the band. "Reborn" was a bit of a letdown, but I still like it. I hope this one is better though.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Rumored track listing for new Stryper CD   Rumored track listing for new Stryper CD Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 11:13 am

Why all the re-recorded stuff? An all the Michael Sweet solo stuff makes me think that this we be yet another very non-metal release from Stryper.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Rumored track listing for new Stryper CD   Rumored track listing for new Stryper CD Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 1:51 pm

kmorg wrote:
Why all the re-recorded stuff? An all the Michael Sweet solo stuff makes me think that this we be yet another very non-metal release from Stryper.

That's what I was thinking.

I don't mind so much though. I was one who liked "Reborn".

PostSubject: Re: Rumored track listing for new Stryper CD   Rumored track listing for new Stryper CD Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 1:57 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I was one who liked "Reborn".

I did too. I thought it was a well done progression of the Stryper sound and I look forward to the new one.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Rumored track listing for new Stryper CD   Rumored track listing for new Stryper CD Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 2:00 pm

Are Blackieboy and I the only ones who didn't care for REBORN? I was mega-disappointed in that one.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rumored track listing for new Stryper CD   Rumored track listing for new Stryper CD Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 2:05 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Are Blackieboy and I the only ones who didn't care for REBORN?

Yep. Just you 2.

There's a blanket statement for ya. Smile
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Rumored track listing for new Stryper CD   Rumored track listing for new Stryper CD Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 2:07 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Are Blackieboy and I the only ones who didn't care for REBORN?

Yep. Just you 2.

There's a blanket statement for ya. Smile

(SIGH) ... *kicks rock*

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25905

PostSubject: Re: Rumored track listing for new Stryper CD   Rumored track listing for new Stryper CD Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 3:12 pm

Looking forward to the new record.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Rumored track listing for new Stryper CD   Rumored track listing for new Stryper CD Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 8:33 pm

spectrefate wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
I was one who liked "Reborn".

I did too. I thought it was a well done progression of the Stryper sound and I look forward to the new one.

I liked it too - I hope they add more solos
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rumored track listing for new Stryper CD   Rumored track listing for new Stryper CD Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 10:08 pm

I liked reborn, but it got old faster than the other ones. When Did I see You Cry was one of their best songs ever.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rumored track listing for new Stryper CD   Rumored track listing for new Stryper CD Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 12:05 pm

I don't know what it was about "Reborn". I really liked it at first. But like Soldier said, it just got old fast. Nowadays I hardly even want to play it anymore.

Man I miss the days of "To Hell with the Devil" and "In God We Trust". I wish they'd just make an album that stacked up to those two masterpieces.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rumored track listing for new Stryper CD   Rumored track listing for new Stryper CD Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 12:59 pm

Yeah bro, and I've heard others say the same thing.

And you're one of the few who like In God. I've always liked the first 7 songs on that album. Most people bag on it though. It's way better than ATL, imo.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Rumored track listing for new Stryper CD   Rumored track listing for new Stryper CD Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 1:27 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Are Blackieboy and I the only ones who didn't care for REBORN? I was mega-disappointed in that one.

It couldn't dissapoint me, because I didn't have any hoped for it. It was ok, very well recorded and all, but it didn't sound like Stryper.

PostSubject: Re: Rumored track listing for new Stryper CD   Rumored track listing for new Stryper CD Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 5:53 pm

I'ds love to see the lyrics for 4 leaf clover.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rumored track listing for new Stryper CD   Rumored track listing for new Stryper CD Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 6:45 pm

SoldierUnderCommand wrote:
Yeah bro, and I've heard others say the same thing.

And you're one of the few who like In God. I've always liked the first 7 songs on that album. Most people bag on it though. It's way better than ATL, imo.

Yeah, I love "In God We Trust". Sure it was more glammy and commercial, but so what! It sounded good to my ears!

I also agree it was better than "Against the Law", though I like that one too.

I'd rank Stryper's albums like so:

1. To Hell with the Devil
2. In God We Trust
3. Soldiers Under Command
4. The Yellow and Black Attack
v
v
5. Against the Law (still really like this one, but there is a big gap here from the first 4)
v
v
6. Reborn (this album just isn't the Stryper I love)
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: Rumored track listing for new Stryper CD   Rumored track listing for new Stryper CD Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 10:25 pm

I like Reborn a lot, and I anticipate liking this one as well. Sure, they will probably never touch THWTD or Against The Law again, but I'm still a fan.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Rumored track listing for new Stryper CD   Rumored track listing for new Stryper CD Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 11:22 pm

As big a fan of Stryper as I once was, I still don't own Reborn. If I find it cheap someday in a discount bin, I might buy it to complete the collection. I don't own any Michael Sweet solo records either, but I repeat myself.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Rumored track listing for new Stryper CD   Rumored track listing for new Stryper CD Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 11:44 pm

Sleep
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Jedilink
Metal student
Metal student
Jedilink

Number of posts : 136

PostSubject: Re: Rumored track listing for new Stryper CD   Rumored track listing for new Stryper CD Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 2:02 am

I personally loved Reborn. I was listening to that one constantly when I got it. I'm really optimistic about this next one. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jedilink
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rumored track listing for new Stryper CD   Rumored track listing for new Stryper CD Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rumored track listing for new Stryper CD
Page 1 of 1