Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Suggestion (links to MM and NLtM)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

Suggestion (links to MM and NLtM) Empty
PostSubject: Suggestion (links to MM and NLtM)   Suggestion (links to MM and NLtM) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 12:59 pm

I think this board needs clear and obvious links to both Metal Metropolis and No Life Til Metal websites. It's just that simple. Maybe the graphic at the top could be split or mapped or whatever.

ack
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion (links to MM and NLtM)   Suggestion (links to MM and NLtM) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 1:01 pm

I'm not sure that is possible. But I will check it out. If nothing else, we can make stickies with links to both sites. However, both Scott and I have links to our sites in out signatures.

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion (links to MM and NLtM)   Suggestion (links to MM and NLtM) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 1:15 pm

most peeps find their way to this forum through one of those sites i think. if not, they end up hearing about them while here for any length of time. a sticky wouldn't hurt though.

AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion (links to MM and NLtM)   Suggestion (links to MM and NLtM) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 2:20 pm

What do you mean not possible? The top graphic is a link to the forum. Can't that link be changed?

Or can't you put links (with graphics) at the bottom of the forum, like at ezboard?

odd

acck
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion (links to MM and NLtM)   Suggestion (links to MM and NLtM) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 2:48 pm

AchrisK wrote:
What do you mean not possible? The top graphic is a link to the forum. Can't that link be changed?

Or can't you put links (with graphics) at the bottom of the forum, like at ezboard?

odd

acck

Yeah, the top link is a default thing (link wise). And I don't know if I can put up links at the bottom, like on ezboards. I will look in to it though.

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion (links to MM and NLtM)   Suggestion (links to MM and NLtM) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 5:42 pm

It's perfectly possible to map them or split them... I've seen that done to images numerous times. I'm just not sure if a majority feels its necsarry. Sorry for my crap spelling.
Back to top Go down
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion (links to MM and NLtM)   Suggestion (links to MM and NLtM) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 11:26 pm

should be able to, use photoshop and image map them
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion (links to MM and NLtM)   Suggestion (links to MM and NLtM) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 12:24 am

buggie_strikes_back! wrote:
It's perfectly possible to map them or split them... I've seen that done to images numerous times. I'm just not sure if a majority feels its necsarry. Sorry for my crap spelling.

It's just that I get the urge to check those sites when I am on here, and I want a quick way to do it. I have them as bookmarks, but since this is the forum for those sites, links to them should be prominent IMO, plus I am lazy.

ack
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion (links to MM and NLtM)   Suggestion (links to MM and NLtM) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 11:30 am

Splitting up the picture is no problem at all. It's adding the links that is the hard part. you see, the picture of the logos is linked to this site automatically. I can't edit that.

There might be a way to do this though, and it would be cool to try. But I can't any HTML, otherwise I'd try. The thig I need to do is create an HTML page with both the logos, and their respective links, and use that HTML page as the logo for this board. That might work. But, as said, I can't HTML.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion (links to MM and NLtM)   Suggestion (links to MM and NLtM) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 3:46 pm

I've managed to put up some links in the header, beside the log in function etc. Looks bad, but works if you need it.

Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion (links to MM and NLtM)   Suggestion (links to MM and NLtM) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 7:22 pm

How did you do that kmorggy-morg? I wann do that at The Cave too! Can ya send me the code and tell me where to stick it? Wink
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion (links to MM and NLtM)   Suggestion (links to MM and NLtM) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2007 12:03 pm

[color=#ff8c00]
Quote :
[color:7bb4=#ff8c00:7bb4]Can ya send me the code and tell me where to stick it?

Oh, I'l tell you where to stick it alright!! lol!

Go to the administration panel, look for general administration, and hit the headers option. You'll find an option to Add A Link. Put in the URL for a pic, the URL for the link, a name for the link, and hit save. Presto, your set.

Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion (links to MM and NLtM)   Suggestion (links to MM and NLtM) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2007 2:30 pm

Thanks, K!

ack
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion (links to MM and NLtM)   Suggestion (links to MM and NLtM) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Suggestion (links to MM and NLtM)
Page 1 of 1