Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Yes, it is that time again....

Go down 
+3
ultmetal
Required Fields
kmorg
7 posters
AuthorMessage
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Yes, it is that time again.... Empty
PostSubject: Yes, it is that time again....   Yes, it is that time again.... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2007 3:01 pm

It's update time!

This time it might seem as though I have a very small update. But if you check out the close to 20 compilation albums I've added, this is actually one of the largest updates I've ever done on my site. It helps being home from work, sick, for close to a week! Laughing

Anyway, hope you enjoy it, and always looking forward to your comments.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28438

PostSubject: Re: Yes, it is that time again....   Yes, it is that time again.... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2007 3:08 pm

Checking it out right now!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Yes, it is that time again....   Yes, it is that time again.... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2007 3:16 pm

Cool. Checked it out already. 🤘

BTW, noticed a small typo on the Ultimatum page. Sean Griego with a "g" not a "c".

ult

PostSubject: Re: Yes, it is that time again....   Yes, it is that time again.... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2007 3:32 pm

Sweet as per usual Kmorg,

I really like the way you have the Compilation page done with the tracklist and also opposite, the release the tracks come from.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Yes, it is that time again....   Yes, it is that time again.... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2007 3:43 pm

Nice! You've got me thinking maybe I need to give Symphony X a try again....it's just that I fear Prog arrangements.... No
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yes, it is that time again....   Yes, it is that time again.... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2007 4:09 pm

Scotty! If you feel the need to ever get rid of the new Symphony X...call me! Haha.

And good update, bro. I'd change one line in the Nightwish review, though:

"...14 minute orchestrated epic opus of dimensions..."

That should probably read something like:

"...14 minute orchestrated opus of epic dimensions..."

That sounds more natural. But good update, as always.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Yes, it is that time again....   Yes, it is that time again.... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2007 4:44 pm

Quote :
Scotty! If you feel the need to ever get rid of the new Symphony X...call me! Haha.

I don't own it...that's what I mean. I might need to give them a try as a band and get the new one. The Odyssey was too much wankery for me (but I have a small threshold of tolerance for such things)....but I've read good things about the new one. That's what's nice about LaLa and places like HOMetal....you get something you don't like you trade it....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yes, it is that time again....   Yes, it is that time again.... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2007 5:37 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Quote :
I don't own it...that's what I mean. I might need to give them a try as a band and get the new one. The Odyssey was too much wankery for me (but I have a small threshold of tolerance for such things)....but I've read good things about the new one. That's what's nice about LaLa and places like HOMetal....you get something you don't like you trade it....
Funny. The only album I own by them is The Odyssey and I thought there was too much wankery and not enough song depth. I've been told by everyone that likes the band that The Odyssey is not the album to judge them by. I guess it's different. So I've been planning on checking them out further, I've just not bought anything.

Everyone says the new one is killer, though, and the one song I heard was pretty sweet, I'll admit.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Yes, it is that time again....   Yes, it is that time again.... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2007 5:42 pm

Yeah, all that start-stop, start-stop and keyboard break downs ( I don't know what you call them?) drove me crazy. I love keys in my metal but as part of the general flow....

Well, we're both in the same boat. Do we? Or do we not? For me....I might! Maybe I'll make it a LaLa want which is less pressure for me.....
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: Yes, it is that time again....   Yes, it is that time again.... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2007 6:16 pm

Great as usual;

by the way, I clicked on Once Dead link on Ultimatum page, but it seems that it's a dead link or something?

http://www.metal-metropolis.com/once_dead.htm
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Yes, it is that time again....   Yes, it is that time again.... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2007 6:34 pm

I specialy like the compilation part too. Great!!!!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Yes, it is that time again....   Yes, it is that time again.... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2007 6:38 pm

krokus wrote:
I specialy like the compilation part too. Great!!!!

Yup. Looking good. 🤘

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Yes, it is that time again....   Yes, it is that time again.... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2007 3:21 am

great Hirax & Sodom reviews. we pretty much agree 100% on those. i still haven't gotten that Ultimatum yet, but it's on my list.

kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Yes, it is that time again....   Yes, it is that time again.... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2007 6:03 am

Thanks for all the good words and encouragement. I've edited and fixed the typos, as suggested. I'm also glad you like the compilation pages. There are loads more to be added!

sovdat: My Once Dead page is not yet been made. I have just already done the links so I don't have to go back and add them when the page is ready. I'll have to add that page soon, won't I?

About Symphony X: If you think the bands other material is too wanky, then you don't need the new one either. It's prog metl of the finest sort though, and I can't see any fan of Circus Maximus, Pagan's Mind and Dream Theater for that matter not liking Symphony X.

PostSubject: Re: Yes, it is that time again....   Yes, it is that time again.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yes, it is that time again....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: