Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sonata Arctica-Reckoning Night

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Sonata Arctica-Reckoning Night Empty
PostSubject: Sonata Arctica-Reckoning Night   Sonata Arctica-Reckoning Night Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 3:41 am

I have heard some bad reviews of this album but I just don't understand it. I have heard their older music and although it was good, It just never caught my ears as much as this one (maybe that's why some people dislike it, it's too catchy). Whatever the reason this ranks as one of my favorite power metal albums of the past five years. Favorite tracks are The Boy Who Wanted To Be A Real Puppet (my absolut favortie, the story it tells is pretty interesting), Blinded No More, Ain't Your Fairytale, Don't Say A Word, My Selene, and Shamandalie. Any other fans of this album?
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Sonata Arctica-Reckoning Night   Sonata Arctica-Reckoning Night Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 3:46 am

I love this band; I dig all their albums. I can understand why people dislike the album, though. The band started to evolve on Winterheart's Guild—my personal favorite—and it was all but certain on Reckoning Night.

Fans that have tastes that aren't very broad (not saying close-minded) generally can only accept one album that's different. After that they usually give up and claim the album where the shift began is their last good album. That's my opinion, of course, but it just always seems this way, no matter how good the music may be. Reckoning Night may be a great album, but fans of the all-our power metal style of Ecliptica may very well have no interest in listening to this new version of the band, even if they're not extremely different now.

Anyway, I dig 'em still.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Sonata Arctica-Reckoning Night   Sonata Arctica-Reckoning Night Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 3:58 am

I thought it was a return to form after the slightly dissapointing Winterheart's Guild.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Sonata Arctica-Reckoning Night   Sonata Arctica-Reckoning Night Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 3:58 am

I'm with Eyesore, I like all of their albums.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Sonata Arctica-Reckoning Night   Sonata Arctica-Reckoning Night Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 6:34 am

Great album. Songs like 'Don't Say A Word' and 'The Boy Who Wanted To Be A Real Puppet' are among my favourite Sonata Arctica tracks.

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Sonata Arctica-Reckoning Night   Sonata Arctica-Reckoning Night Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 7:23 am

I like them all!!

Quote :
The Boy Who Wanted To Be A Real Puppet

Funny - this may be may least favorite SA song. It's sounds so forced and the story is silly to me!

But usually SA can do no wrong with me. Silence is my favorite but they're all good!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sonata Arctica-Reckoning Night   Sonata Arctica-Reckoning Night Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 4:32 pm

I should add that "FullMoon" is one of the greatest power metal songs ever written. Top 5.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sonata Arctica-Reckoning Night   Sonata Arctica-Reckoning Night Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2007 12:57 pm

I absolutely LOVE Sonata Arctica!!! One of my favorite bands of all time.

My favorite is their new one, "Union" - but they don't have a bad album!!!

I really like the direction they've taken starting with "Winterheart's Guild" (I also love this one). Personally I feel their past 3 albums (since this more prog direction) have been their best. Their first two are good also, but they are a bit like Stratovarius. Their newer stuff really sets them apart and gives them their own sound.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sonata Arctica-Reckoning Night   Sonata Arctica-Reckoning Night Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sonata Arctica-Reckoning Night
Page 1 of 1