Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metal Blade's Latest Signing: Hatchet

Go down 
+7
Thrasher73
caniplaywithmadness?
Required Fields
EvyMetal
Lurideath
MetalGuy71
SideShowDisaSter
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Metal Blade's Latest Signing: Hatchet Empty
PostSubject: Metal Blade's Latest Signing: Hatchet   Metal Blade's Latest Signing: Hatchet Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 8:16 pm

Pretty pathetic that it takes Trivium going into a more traditional metal style to get Metal Blade to embrace the style that made them what they are today. Apparently the screamo trend is on its way out, so Metal Blade signs an old school thrash band:

http://www.myspace.com/hatchet2006

We all know they buy their studded leather at Hot Topic, but the music is pretty killer.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4602

PostSubject: Re: Metal Blade's Latest Signing: Hatchet   Metal Blade's Latest Signing: Hatchet Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 8:23 pm

Sounds pretty good to me.

PostSubject: Re: Metal Blade's Latest Signing: Hatchet   Metal Blade's Latest Signing: Hatchet Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 8:25 pm

They sound OK to me. The vocalist could try to put some balls behind his vocals.

The balding guy with the bad posture in the picture below is the exact reason why I am not in a metal band at 33. Smile

Metal Blade's Latest Signing: Hatchet Newpromocopy
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Metal Blade's Latest Signing: Hatchet   Metal Blade's Latest Signing: Hatchet Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 8:27 pm

spectrefate wrote:
They sound OK to me. The vocalist could try to put some balls behind his vocals.

The balding guy with the bad posture in the picture below is the exact reason why I am not in a metal band at 33. Smile

Metal Blade's Latest Signing: Hatchet Newpromocopy

"Dude, you guys let me in the band or you're not allowed to practice in my mom's basement anymore!!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metal Blade's Latest Signing: Hatchet   Metal Blade's Latest Signing: Hatchet Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 8:32 pm

You mean that balding teenager that looks like Udo's unfortunate cousin?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metal Blade's Latest Signing: Hatchet   Metal Blade's Latest Signing: Hatchet Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 8:34 pm

An excerpt from his official bio:

Interests: Chronic Masturbation, World of Warcraft and thrashing the sh!t out of you!

Dislikes: Fruit, The Sun, Shaving Mom's Back
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Metal Blade's Latest Signing: Hatchet   Metal Blade's Latest Signing: Hatchet Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 9:04 pm

These guys are an awesome band! They worked hard to get where they are and they deserve it! Good bro's that we've shared the stage with numerous times. One of the best new thrash bands to come out recently in my opinion!
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Metal Blade's Latest Signing: Hatchet   Metal Blade's Latest Signing: Hatchet Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 9:23 pm

the bass player on the far right in that picture (wearing the priest shirt) is only 17
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28454

PostSubject: Re: Metal Blade's Latest Signing: Hatchet   Metal Blade's Latest Signing: Hatchet Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 9:37 pm

Check out the flat top.

That reminds me of The Chris Rock Show skit Daddy Still Has a Flat-Top.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

PostSubject: Re: Metal Blade's Latest Signing: Hatchet   Metal Blade's Latest Signing: Hatchet Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 9:40 pm

Required Fields wrote:
Check out the flat top.

That reminds me of The Chris Rock Show skit Daddy Still Has a Flat-Top.
I do believe that's a hat, old school, visor up. lol!
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

PostSubject: Re: Metal Blade's Latest Signing: Hatchet   Metal Blade's Latest Signing: Hatchet Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 9:43 pm

it would make the band way more cooler if that guy really did have a flat top Very Happy
Back to top Go down
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

PostSubject: Re: Metal Blade's Latest Signing: Hatchet   Metal Blade's Latest Signing: Hatchet Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 10:46 pm

spectrefate wrote:

i quite like his vocals tbh. he does seem to clash with the band looks-wise tho lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metal Blade's Latest Signing: Hatchet   Metal Blade's Latest Signing: Hatchet Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2007 8:00 am

Dannng. I'm pretty impressed actually. They actually remind me of Forbidden back in the day. I'll be forkin' out the cash for this album when it's released.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Metal Blade's Latest Signing: Hatchet   Metal Blade's Latest Signing: Hatchet Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2007 8:26 am

Good for them!Glad to see an old school thrash band signed.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Metal Blade's Latest Signing: Hatchet   Metal Blade's Latest Signing: Hatchet Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2007 9:44 am

🤘

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Metal Blade's Latest Signing: Hatchet   Metal Blade's Latest Signing: Hatchet Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2007 9:50 am

Again a buy or die release for any thrashmaniac!!!!!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Metal Blade's Latest Signing: Hatchet   Metal Blade's Latest Signing: Hatchet Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2007 10:39 am

Yea, it's easy to poke fun at their look, especially when I'm such a stunning speciment myself, but it's the music that counts and this would be one I'd pick-up.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

PostSubject: Re: Metal Blade's Latest Signing: Hatchet   Metal Blade's Latest Signing: Hatchet Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2007 11:15 am

well they're good enough to tour with the king! king diamond that is.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Metal Blade's Latest Signing: Hatchet   Metal Blade's Latest Signing: Hatchet Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2007 11:17 am

blackieboy wrote:
Dannng. I'm pretty impressed actually. They
actually remind me of Forbidden back in the day. I'll be forkin' out
the cash for this album when it's released.
FORKIN'-A!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metal Blade's Latest Signing: Hatchet   Metal Blade's Latest Signing: Hatchet Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2007 11:18 am

I wish them all the luck. They sound authentic to me, unlike something like Trivium or 3 Inches of Blood. Just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: Metal Blade's Latest Signing: Hatchet   Metal Blade's Latest Signing: Hatchet Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2007 11:50 am

spectrefate wrote:
I wish them all the luck. They sound authentic to me, unlike something like Trivium or 3 Inches of Blood. Just my opinion.

No love for 3IOB eh?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metal Blade's Latest Signing: Hatchet   Metal Blade's Latest Signing: Hatchet Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2007 1:15 pm

thrasher73 wrote:

No love for 3IOB eh?

I tried, but the vocals just overpowered everything and wore me out after a couple of songs.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: Metal Blade's Latest Signing: Hatchet   Metal Blade's Latest Signing: Hatchet Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2007 2:20 pm

I can understand that.I guess thats one thing about them I like is the odd vocals.Usually I like really high-pitched vocals.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metal Blade's Latest Signing: Hatchet   Metal Blade's Latest Signing: Hatchet Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2007 2:22 pm

thrasher73 wrote:
Usually I like really high-pitched vocals.

See, usually I do too. I also found myself questioning their sincerity. Are they a gag band? I couldn't convince myself that they aren't, which is another reason I got rid of their Advance and Vanquish CD. But more power to them if they are authentic.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Metal Blade's Latest Signing: Hatchet   Metal Blade's Latest Signing: Hatchet Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2007 2:24 pm

Is this the band that did a cover of "Masked Jackal"? There was one of these new bands that did a cool version of that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metal Blade's Latest Signing: Hatchet   Metal Blade's Latest Signing: Hatchet Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metal Blade's Latest Signing: Hatchet
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next